Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2009, 08:53 AM

55 posts, read 118,713 times

Advertisements

I'm sorry but I have to say NO. I don't believe you get more than one "love of your life". I do believe we can be mistaken of just who this person is. We can have several "great loves" who affect our lives. There is just something about this one person, this love of our life, who completely rocks your world, shakes you to the core, can hurt you but somehow you are able to forgive them, loves you unconditionally and whom you love unconditionally.
I recently reconnected with the love of my life after being in a six year relationship with the person I thought I'd be with forever. When the "one" and I first broke up, I was so confused. I knew we had something very very special but somehow it wasn't working out. Now I know it just wasn't the right time. I was fortunate enough to get a second chance with him and I'll never look back. He is the only person I have and will ever love with every fiber of my being and I know without needing to hear it that he feels the same about me.
Don't despair, it doesn't sound like this person was your "one" and if it was, he may come back into your life one day, or perhaps you have yet to meet the "one". Don't ever give up on true love!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2009, 10:10 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,328,014 times
Yes. I stopped worrying after a break-up b/c I always did find a new someone awesome to love.

Old 01-28-2009, 10:40 AM

1,113 posts, read 3,493,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
Well, I would say yes. Unless you're a Taurus. They only have one.

20yrsinBranson

Please explain...I'm a Taurus!

Old 01-28-2009, 11:50 AM

355 posts, read 814,648 times
Absolutely. I love both the men I'm with in our threesome. In fact, I'm madly in love with the two of them.

They're everything to me and that much more.

I'm a Taurus I have had one great "lust" ... but these two guys right now are definitely the loves of my life.

Old 01-28-2009, 12:03 PM

4,739 posts, read 8,372,858 times
Quote:
Well, I would say yes. Unless you're a Taurus. They only have one.

20yrsinBranson
Thats actually kind of funny, I'm a Taurus....I've never heard that.

Old 01-28-2009, 02:28 PM

3 posts, read 4,675 times
As someone recently said to me, congratulations to losing the jerk! He SO didn't deserve you and although you won't think it now, someone else will come along to make you feel all the more special! Good luck darling!

Old 01-28-2009, 04:05 PM

32,917 posts, read 36,310,068 times
I agree with this. "The love of your life" is the one. You haven't lived your whole life. I think that you can judge that contest when you're nearing the end of the race. You may not yet have met the love of your life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhladik12 View Post
I'm sorry but I have to say NO. I don't believe you get more than one "love of your life". I do believe we can be mistaken of just who this person is. We can have several "great loves" who affect our lives. There is just something about this one person, this love of our life, who completely rocks your world, shakes you to the core, can hurt you but somehow you are able to forgive them, loves you unconditionally and whom you love unconditionally.
I recently reconnected with the love of my life after being in a six year relationship with the person I thought I'd be with forever. When the "one" and I first broke up, I was so confused. I knew we had something very very special but somehow it wasn't working out. Now I know it just wasn't the right time. I was fortunate enough to get a second chance with him and I'll never look back. He is the only person I have and will ever love with every fiber of my being and I know without needing to hear it that he feels the same about me.
Don't despair, it doesn't sound like this person was your "one" and if it was, he may come back into your life one day, or perhaps you have yet to meet the "one". Don't ever give up on true love!

Old 01-29-2009, 11:19 AM

15,852 posts, read 35,118,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jersgrl1969 View Post
Please explain...I'm a Taurus!
It's pretty simple, really. Tauruses only have one great love of their life. Happy Tauruses are with that person, although, if the Taurus is not with the "love of his life" he/she is not necessarily unhappy, but they will always long for that special person.

Be glad that you are a Taurus though, they are great with money! Although it does take them FOREVER to make a decision about anything (they have to consider EVERYTHING first, you know). Oh yes, then once you make that decision, there is no power on earth that will ever make you change your mind. LOL

20yrsinBranson

Old 01-29-2009, 11:57 AM

355 posts, read 814,648 times
Quote:
It's pretty simple, really. Tauruses only have one great love of their life. Happy Tauruses are with that person, although, if the Taurus is not with the "love of his life" he/she is not necessarily unhappy, but they will always long for that special person.

Be glad that you are a Taurus though, they are great with money! Although it does take them FOREVER to make a decision about anything (they have to consider EVERYTHING first, you know). Oh yes, then once you make that decision, there is no power on earth that will ever make you change your mind. LOL

20yrsinBranson
I think you hit the nail on the head with that!

But I'm a Taurus with Gemini rising ... so I'm completely FUBAR.

Old 01-30-2009, 12:38 AM

434 posts, read 933,435 times
I just want to give you a big and warm hug first!

The biggest lesson I learned about love and life is to

Only invite someone or something good to you and for you

To your life

That's the best we can do to ourselves

Love can have different meanings at different places and at different times of our life

Let go of him

He is not wonderful but a fake outcome of your own fantasy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships