Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2009, 04:57 AM

444 posts, read 1,210,835 times

Advertisements

IMO, I used to think there was one made for each of us, and I hadnt found mine yet, then I decided maybe Love knows no bounds, and it can be found in more than one human being. I ask the same questions, what is love? Whats wrong with me that noone wants me? Why do I feel incomplete? I then accept that I am being taught something, patience maybe? Acceptence of myself just the way I am, ok I'll wait! Why do I feel the need to be attached? It is a natural chemistry we long for a balence of. All things on earth are looking for equilibrium, we are no exception to that law of nature. Mistakes are made in the reasoning that we marry, and when it ends in bitterness, the trust is hard to regain. I think every person has to do an archaeological survey of their own soul, and work on mastering their own ego, which seems to be a factor in our behaviors, and when one can allow themselves to give more than they ever have to make things equal, then you have reached the peace you seek. Maybe I picture my Orion in my mind, he doesnt have a face! That confuses me, but he is everything I wish I could find in a man. Maybe I have to realise I dont get to pick out all the traits I want in a guy, maybe I have to learn to live and let live and accept all the way it is, and tollerate that which is not what I prefer. Maybe pride gets in the way, and I turn away from some of the best possible partnerships? I dont know, havent figured this out yet! I am learning though, and that keeps me risking and hoping for the one to tumble on in...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2009, 06:35 PM

1 posts, read 2,268 times
5 years ago i thought i found the right woman, gave her all my love, 5 months ago i thought i found the right woman(who has 2 kids) i honestly thought i would spend my life with her but then she said its just not workin do to 2 jobs and her children 1st which i understand, but i love kids, it seems the woman i go out with dont want a loving, caring, honest and loyal man like me but ill take the advice i see here, stop looking, theyll find u when its least expected

Old 03-12-2012, 08:04 AM

1 posts, read 1,618 times
i always wondered about that myself, as a straight man that had been married at one time. she cheated on me, and i never cheated on her because i loved her very much and was very committed to her. she turned out to be a no good filthy *****, that i never knew about. i did absolutely nothing wrong on my part to cause this to happen too me. now that i go out, i seem to meet the nastiest women with their no good attitude problem. now that there are so many rotten women out there, it will be very hard for me to meet a real good woman again.

Old 03-12-2012, 08:17 AM

11,350 posts, read 9,255,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by very much true View Post
i always wondered about that myself, as a straight man that had been married at one time. she cheated on me, and i never cheated on her because i loved her very much and was very committed to her. she turned out to be a no good filthy *****, that i never knew about. i did absolutely nothing wrong on my part to cause this to happen too me. now that i go out, i seem to meet the nastiest women with their no good attitude problem. now that there are so many rotten women out there, it will be very hard for me to meet a real good woman again.
No need to gender bash.

There are plenty of bad men out there as well.

As far as this thread you brought back from the dead that I have never seen it's quite simple ---

Be your own best friend.

Old 03-12-2012, 08:18 AM

8,711 posts, read 11,720,296 times
Just forgot about it and move on if this is your situation. These people are nothing but a waste of time and not worth getting involved with. They think they're better then everyone else, so let them have each other and this cesspool of a planet.

Old 03-12-2012, 08:26 AM

773 posts, read 1,258,039 times
There are good men out there, just like there are good women out there. I've never doubted that.

My thoughts are that a lot of those good people have been burned so much, they're gun-shy. And sometimes with good reason, too. I consider myself a pretty good catch, but there have been times in my life when I just stopped looking because the last terrible relationship soured me. It's hard for some of us to get back in the saddle when we've been thrown badly.

Old 03-12-2012, 11:46 AM

14,727 posts, read 33,332,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supernaut112 View Post
There are good men out there, just like there are good women out there. I've never doubted that.

My thoughts are that a lot of those good people have been burned so much, they're gun-shy. And sometimes with good reason, too. I consider myself a pretty good catch, but there have been times in my life when I just stopped looking because the last terrible relationship soured me. It's hard for some of us to get back in the saddle when we've been thrown badly.
Not to mention all the time and energy one would spend to look ... and for it not to end well, another time... like another poster (#24) said, "be your own best friend." I get on the plane and go to Europe ... by myself. So do others. And as a kid, I would have never thought I would do something like that.

Old 03-12-2012, 12:08 PM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,680,118 times
i dove myself in to film and literature..fantasies are perfect and can't be ruined like real people can..lol.. it keeps me warm at night..wow this sounds much more pathetic when i type it aloud..oh wellsss

Old 03-12-2012, 12:17 PM

3,814 posts, read 6,779,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight123 View Post
If you ever felt sad, felt that you might never find the right man/woman to be with for the rest of your life?
Do guys have this kind of fear?

if it is a fact or will be a fact, how did you make peace with it and how to be happy with your life in this situation?
When I was newly single after my divorce, I vowed to stay single for a year in order to be a peace with who I was and who I was becoming. When I was ready to date again I told myself that I am ok with being by myself for the rest of my life but if I did get in a relationship it would look like this: And then I listed the qualities of what I wanted in a relationship.

A few months later and I found a man who could offer everything I listed and more. If I would have known how good a relationship could be I never would have settled for the relationship I had for so long.

That's my input.

Old 03-12-2012, 01:47 PM

4,868 posts, read 8,403,414 times
I think about this every day. I don't have that hard of a time meeting men..it just never feels right and the few times it feels right enough to move along a little bit, it doesn't work out anyways. Even though I don't like it..I've come to realize that I will likely never find what I'm looking for, even though I'm only 25 and still have time..it just doesn't look likely with the way my life has played out. I have thought about what if I need to just settle with someone who's nice enough and treats me well enough who I don't get excited for, just so I don't have to be alone but I know that would really make me miserable so I just stay alone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships