Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2009, 10:23 PM

5,312 posts, read 6,078,154 times

Advertisements

Im just whining here dont mind me but im just thinking how my friends never try to set me up on dates and it makes my already low self esteem with women even lower

Most of my friends are married or engaged and theres about 3 of us still single,my friends and there women alwasy try to look to set the other 2 up with different women and never me and it kinda hurts..

Theres really no way to take it but they dont think women would be interested in me i guess looks wise and it just gives me even less incentive to approach women with any confidence..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2009, 10:26 PM

61,289 posts, read 87,104,404 times
most men do not approach women with confidence they approach them with the appearance of confidence and some buy it. also for the young woman you have the edge---- strong sexual aggression is often mistaken for unconditional love. remember its all about how she feels, how you feel is of very little importance to her but you must never let her know you know that.

Old 01-28-2009, 11:45 PM

61,289 posts, read 87,104,404 times
if there was one guy that would lay down his life for you and i, i hate to say it i hate to say it, it was probably me. sting and eric clapton sing it

YouTube - Sting & Eric Clapton- Its Probably me

Old 01-29-2009, 01:05 AM

4,837 posts, read 8,832,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
I'm just whining here - don't mind me but I'm just thinking how my friends never try to set me up on dates and it makes my already low self esteem with women even lower.
You're probably not missing much. This has to be the worst way to meet women. I can only assume that the reason that they haven't tried is that you are just starting out. When I had paid off my mortgage and finally got a car that wasn't a junker, I was inundated with these "offers". I quickly learned to turn them down but sometimes had fun trying to determine who they were flogging. The matchmakers can be sneaky.

Find an activity you like doing and meet them there. At least you'll have something in common. This was my problem. For more than a decade out of HS, I had almost no time for anything other than working and studying.

With the economy going south, I expect the guys falling into this category will again increase dramatically. Having potential is not a big selling point.

Old 01-29-2009, 01:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotARedneck View Post
You're probably not missing much. This has to be the worst way to meet women. I can only assume that the reason that they haven't tried is that you are just starting out. When I had paid off my mortgage and finally got a car that wasn't a junker, I was inundated with these "offers". I quickly learned to turn them down but sometimes had fun trying to determine who they w
I hear you but its not as much that i think its gonna work as it would be nice to get an offer which would boost my confidecne a little and maybe think im underestimating myself with women rather then no offer and makes me feel like im right in my lack of self confidecne with women..

Old 01-31-2009, 07:40 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,832,738 times
Quote:
I hear you but its not as much that I think its gonna work as it would be nice to get an offer which would boost my confidence a little and maybe think I'm underestimating myself with women rather then no offer and makes me feel like I'm right in my lack of self confidence with women..
When I got in my forties (having my mortgage paid off was the trigger) I was having people - mostly women at the office - trying to get me set up almost weekly. When I found who they had in mind, it wasn't a "confidence builder"!

Eventually, I just flat out refused their offers. This was only partially successful.

Old 01-31-2009, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotARedneck View Post
When I got in my forties (having my mortgage paid off was the trigger) I was having people - mostly women at the office - trying to get me set up almost weekly. When I found who they had in mind, it wasn't a "confidence builder"!

Eventually, I just flat out refused their offers. This was only partially successful.
I hear you it could backfire,maye im just hurt because i have pretty low esteem with women and the fact that my other friends they try to hook up and not me makes me feel like im right to have low self esteem because they must think women wouldnt want me either if theire not trying to hook me up..

Old 01-31-2009, 09:02 PM

287 posts, read 547,364 times
Maybe you could try to turn it around...just think maybe they haven't found someone special enough to match you and the other 2 guys are just ordinary...

I agree with some of the others, though. I had friends try to set me up with other friends before and I'm like seriously where do they find these people? My best friend has had the same problem with this girl she knows from high school. Always trying to set her up with someone who she'd normally never date on her own.

Old 01-31-2009, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heathernichole View Post
Maybe you could try to turn it around...just think maybe they haven't found someone special enough to match you and the other 2 guys are just ordinary...
Or maybe their good looking and im not

Old 01-31-2009, 11:36 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,583,463 times
Quote:
Or maybe their good looking and im not
So......your not good looking. You gonna sit around and sob in your cheerios about it, or do something about it?!
Use what you have got! Confidence* is the key. *
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships