Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2009, 02:30 PM

3,343 posts, read 10,930,711 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenn02674 View Post
Where are you shopping? I had no problems finding clothes when I was thinner but now that I am overweight it is VERy difficult. I'm 6' and it seems like all the clothes are made for either tall and skinny or short and fat women! If I weighted 140 I would be able to shop anywhere!!
That's not true when you have long legs. Even the tall pants at the store aren't tall enough for me.

Old 02-03-2009, 02:32 PM

444 posts, read 1,049,185 times
Since when did 14 become a plus size? I thought it started at 12W which is much different from you basic size 12.
Elegant Plus Clothes Shopping Mall - Plus-Sizes 12-34w

Old 02-03-2009, 02:36 PM

3,488 posts, read 8,218,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBeez View Post
And lets not have any of your 170+ pounders women coming in here say you're curvy either. If you look like the McDonalds Grimace when you turn to the side, your thighs rub together when you walk or if your saddlebags or stomach hangs over your hips or waist, then you are one of the fat women this article is talking about.

Quote:
I think that if you are fat/overweight, you are either LAZY, STUPID or both.
I just have no tolerance for fat people, drug addicts, alcoholics or stupid people who always have some excuses as to why they are what they are. If you cant take care of your sickness yourself you should get some help.

I also believe that obesity is a MENTAL disease as well as a physical disease. If you are arent smart enough to stay away from the fried chicken, cake, processed foods, fast foods, sodas, etc. then you are screwed up in the head and well as in the body/arteries.
Dabeez, I've said before that I've almost labelled you a jerk based on some of your posts on this subject. Now you have officially crossed that line. You come across as a smug, arrogant, unpleasant piece of work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Not that I'm fat or plan to be fat, but I find your zealous witch hunts in the name of "health" a whole lot sadder!
Exactly.

Quote:
Not a witch hunt. Im just saying like it is. Someone needs to. There is too much nansy pansy hand holding going on the world that is making people accept the fact that they are unhealthy and just live with it. To me, that is unacceptable.

If your child brings home a report card with all "D"s, do you just accept it? NO.

If you get your performance appraisal at work and its rated "below average" do you accept it? NO.

Point is, people should take much more importance and pride in their health because, really, nothing is as important as your health. When the doctor tells you that your arteries are clogged and you have angina and heart disease, you'll wish that you took better care of yourself.
Dabeez, there is pleasant, constructive way of saying things 'that need to be said' and then there is a deroggatory, unpleasant and unnecessary way of saying things. You don't need to be so mean to people. WTH is your problem dude? I work out 6 days a week as well, but you don't find me calling fat or skinny, untoned people stupid and lazy. You need to wise up buddy, because believe it or not, to many of us the beauty on the inside is as important as the beauty on the outside, and right now you could look hot as hell, and you would still be a 0 on the attractiveness scale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
DaBeez
I was going to ask if you could enlighten us lazy stupid people as how to work, raise kids, take care of the house and find time to exercise, cook healthy and be a size 3, but you have shed some light on why you feel if you and your wife can both work 2 jobs and raise kids and stay slim and fit so anyone should be able to.

If everyone could work from home and their jobs were dance and fitness and they were obsessed with their pants size, I could see how it might be obtainable.

I certainly agree that Americans are overall too heavy and unhealthy and we could all do better to become more fit but I dont think it is as simple as exercise and <size 14 = healthy and 170 lbs and >=size 14 = lazy stubid obese slob.
I'm sorry that he upset you - don't listen to this kind of person. Do your best, move as much as you can and eat as healthy as you can, and don't let other ppl pull you down.

Last edited by Keeper; 02-04-2009 at 09:12 AM.. Reason: removed 'idiot' and replaced with ppl

Old 02-03-2009, 02:36 PM

591 posts, read 1,415,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
I was, a few years ago. No more...and hopefully never again!
I'm a size 11 in juniors or a 10 in misses. I feel fat enough at this size there is no way in hell i'd ever be a size 14.
I'm also really far from average in height..i'm 5'9 3/4 ..gotta add that 3/4 lol..It's really hard for me to find jeans that are long enough..so shopping is a pain in the arse..

Old 02-03-2009, 02:37 PM

3,885 posts, read 8,119,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by optiflex View Post
I'll bet millions of dollars if the calculators threw out any woman that weighed over 200 pds and any woman that weighed under 110...the average woman would instantly drop to 140. It's all the women who are 3 times the average weight that are driving up the average.
I agree with this part of your post. I've noticed this during well child checkups too. My 3 year old weighs 32lbs and is 40" tall. According to the charts he is in the 25% for weight. He eats well and is very active and while he doesn't have fat on him, he's very well-proportioned and yet by ped standards he's on the thin side. It's those on the extremes that drive the % up.

Old 02-03-2009, 02:45 PM

1,776 posts, read 4,002,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
DaBeez
I was going to ask if you could enlighten us lazy stupid people as how to work, raise kids, take care of the house and find time to exercise, cook healthy and be a size 3, but you have shed some light on why you feel if you and your wife can both work 2 jobs and raise kids and stay slim and fit so anyone should be able to.

If everyone could work from home and their jobs were dance and fitness and they were obsessed with their pants size, I could see how it might be obtainable.

I certainly agree that Americans are overall too heavy and unhealthy and we could all do better to become more fit but I dont think it is as simple as exercise and <size 14 = healthy and 170 lbs and >=size 14 = lazy stubid obese slob.

I think it's less about the size and more about overall health. You can be skinny and have high cholesterol and clogged arteries. For most, obesity indicates your overall health

Old 02-03-2009, 02:58 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,118,028 times
Quote:
And lets not have any of your 170+ pounders women coming in here say you're curvy either. If you look like the McDonalds Grimace when you turn to the side, your thighs rub together when you walk or if your saddlebags or stomach hangs over your hips or waist, then you are one of the fat women this article is talking about.

What they really saying is that women are getting fatter and fatter (i.e., unhealthier and unhealthier). Sad. Really, its very sad.
I don't think it is sad at all. Up until I was 40 years old I was a size 5 - 7. Then because of a bunch of things, I gained 50 pounds in less than 6 months. Since I had always been pretty, and thin with a 38DD bust it never occurred to me that being fat would be a blessing in disguise! Now when men talk to me they are TALKING TO ME and not staring at my breasts or trying to think of a way to get me into the sack. I DO not have to deal with the leers and whistles of construction workers, auto mechanics, and punks on the street. And I do NOT have to wear unbelieveably uncomfortable clothing that "shows off my figure", but instead, because I am a size 16 now, I get to wear loose, comfy things.

You can have your size 7 life baby. I love being a size 16. I only wish I had gotten fat 10 years sooner.

20yrsinBranson

Old 02-03-2009, 02:59 PM

2,969 posts, read 6,941,834 times
Yeah, I am 29 and wear a size 0, 1, or 2 now depending on the brand of clothing. When I was in high school between 1994-1997 all my clothes were 5 or 7, so go figure. They are definitely messing with sizes to appeal to women's vanity and to make money.

Old 02-03-2009, 03:04 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,943,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobokenkitchen View Post
I'm sorry that he upset you - don't listen to this kind of person. Do your best, move as much as you can and eat as healthy as you can, and don't let the other ppl pull you down.
Wow. I guess my use of the term FAT struck a major chord with you. Moderator cut: .. I dont think a line was crossed at all. But it just seems that fat/obese words get you a riled up. If you dont think its stupid for someone who is fat, on drugs, an alcoholic etc. to continue their destructive ways then I feel sorry for you. I have always enjoyed your posts and thought that you were one of the people here who were above name calling but I was wrong.

Last edited by Keeper; 02-04-2009 at 09:19 AM.. Reason: edited quoted post

Old 02-03-2009, 03:15 PM

3,488 posts, read 8,218,633 times
Quote:
Wow. I guess my use of the term FAT struck a major chord with you. Now you are calling me "idiot"? I dont think a line was crossed at all. But it just seems that fat/obese words get you a riled up. If you dont think its stupid for someone who is fat, on drugs, an alcoholic etc. to continue their destructive ways then I feel sorry for you. I have always enjoyed your posts and thought that you were one of the people here who were above name calling but I was wrong.
Actually, it's more the use of words like 'lazy' and 'stupid' which strike the major cord.
I enjoy your threads when they are constructive too. You have gone way over board here and in the other thread, and I feel desperately sorry for the people you are so clearly mocking. It makes me very sad, and yes I think that someone who chooses to be so unpleasant to people is being idiotic. You have such a wealth of information on health and fitness - can't you help people instead of putting them down? Encouragement normally goes a whole lot further than put downs I find, especially with women. Use your powers for good!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.