Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2009, 01:29 PM

2,412 posts, read 5,082,598 times

Advertisements

This is going to sound harsh but I would go back to mid December 1992 and leave my wife. She'd already be pregnant with my daughter. I've had plenty of "what would I change" sleepless nights. That's the time period I would choose.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2009, 01:30 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,134,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Too late for such dreams...
Heck, sign on with somebody else. There are always guys looking for sailmates.

Here...go to this website: Seafaring.com.

Old 02-05-2009, 01:34 PM

591 posts, read 1,415,336 times
I'm not sure what year I'd like to of lived in but I know it would be back to the time when people took time to smell the roses, acknowledged their neighbors, when taking a pie to a newcomer was something that was just done. Back to the day when things were much simpler. The days when you could allow your children to roam the neighborhood without fearing they were kidnapped or murdered. I know when I was growing up all of these things were there.

Old 02-05-2009, 01:37 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,134,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Heck, sign on with somebody else. There are always guys looking for sailmates.

Here...go to this website: Seafaring.com.
Sure, dear.. Are you gonna fill in for me at work?

Old 02-05-2009, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Sure, dear.. Are you gonna fill in for me at work?
No way, hot stuff. But if you sell everything and live on the hook, so to speak, you don't need much. I'm just sayin' it's how to live your dream. Never said it was easy.

As for me and Mrs. CPG, we're hopefully 8-10 years away, when the chimps graduate. Keep your fingers crossed.

Old 02-05-2009, 01:50 PM

Quote:
No way, hot stuff. But if you sell everything and live on the hook, so to speak, you don't need much. I'm just sayin' it's how to live your dream. Never said it was easy.
Heh, there wasn't that much even before I lost the whole downpayment a year ago thinking I'm doing something sensible for a change. Remember I was contemplating an escape before that, but the cruel reality reminded me I’m out of my numb mind...

Come to think of it, though, I don't really have to be in the office for my work to get done. You can help me out remotely, cpg!

Quote:
As for me and Mrs. CPG, we're hopefully 8-10 years away, when the chimps graduate. Keep your fingers crossed.
I had very similar plans only a few short years back... It was very hard to let go of them. Still haven't come to terms with the fact they’re over.

Good luck to you! You're lucky.

Old 02-05-2009, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Heh, there wasn't that much even before I lost the whole downpayment a year ago thinking I'm doing something sensible for a change. Remember I was contemplating an escape before that, but the cruel reality reminded me I’m out of my numb mind...

Come to think of it, though, I don't really have to be in the office for my work to get done. You can help me out remotely, cpg!

I had very similar plans only a few short years back... It was very hard to let go of them. Still haven't come to terms with the fact they’re over.

Good luck to you! You're lucky.
Well, thanks, but knock on wood. After all, if you want to make God laugh, make plans.

Old 02-05-2009, 01:56 PM

656 posts, read 2,741,973 times
I too would travel to the future
To the year 2050 when women have taken over the world
Women will have no more use for men other than use them as sex slaves......Fun times

http://www.bimmerfest.com/photos/dat...om-malesub.jpg

Last edited by picmod; 01-09-2014 at 05:41 PM..

Old 02-05-2009, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Well, thanks, but knock on wood. After all, if you want to make God laugh, make plans.
That's true. Keep quiet!

Old 02-05-2009, 01:57 PM

2,412 posts, read 7,175,408 times
Quote:
I'd love to go back to these times and never see another gadget again!
Really? You might think differently the next time you or a loved one is in a hospital and needs a heart monitor, EEG, or MRI...

I must admit I have little patience for romanticized views of the past ("when neighbors gave pies to one another"), views that ignore many of the much uglier and more difficult parts of life in prior generations. See, for example, this interesting history in today's Wall Street Journal on what once considered -- and some still consider -- to be a model community. Mean Streets - WSJ.com

I am not saying that there weren't positive aspects of life in the past -- of course, there were. But those who yearn for the life of previous times invariably do so based upon distorted, unrealistic, and incomplete views of life in prior ages, views that are usually shaped by historical icons, totems, and myths that, in fact, rarely (if ever) reflected everyday life for most folks. In fact, life is better overall for more people today than it was 30, 50, 100, 200, 500, or 1000 years ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships