U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2009, 10:05 PM

3,088 posts, read 7,633,822 times

Advertisements

a 14 year old = freshman in high school
a 12 year old= 6th grader
an 11 year old = 5th grader

yes I see an issue
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2009, 10:07 PM

13,779 posts, read 23,205,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitokenshi View Post

yes I see an issue
Gets worse when you look at it broken down like that, huh? Ehhh, making me sick to my stomach, actually!

Old 02-08-2009, 10:10 PM
miu

16,469 posts, read 33,412,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
That is a valid concern, but such a harsh term to apply to someone so young. It's terrible that it is even possible. Truly.
I agree. Plus it also now occurs to me that him being on the football team... that would make him much stronger and more powerful than those girls. We're not talking about some skinny science geek.

Old 02-08-2009, 10:13 PM

9,163 posts, read 16,510,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
And being on the high school football team, he may have been influenced by the older team members into becoming sexually active before he should. And being a football team member might have impressed these younger girls into doing those terrible activities with him.
I was afraid that being on the high school football team would make some feel he was mature. It doesn't mean anything, other than the kid is involved in extra-curricular activities. The story didn't say anything about what activities the girls were in, yet it made a point of stating the boy played football. Odd?

And yes, that fact may well have impressed those girls -- enough so that they hit on him. And yes, he might have been influenced by older team members... or older bible study class members... or an older brother or sister.

I hope being involved in sports doesn't count against him.

Old 02-08-2009, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoNewk View Post
I was afraid that being on the high school football team would make some feel he was mature. It doesn't mean anything, other than the kid is involved in extra-curricular activities. The story didn't say anything about what activities the girls were in, yet it made a point of stating the boy played football. Odd?

And yes, that fact may well have impressed those girls -- enough so that they hit on him. And yes, he might have been influenced by older team members... or older bible study class members... or an older brother or sister.

The only correlation between the boy, football team and the "crime" he is accused of committing, IMO, is the fact that he was probably considerably stronger than the girls. Miu also addressed this point. Who knows what happened but I'm sure Killer will keep us abreast of the situation!

Old 02-08-2009, 10:18 PM

9,163 posts, read 16,510,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
I agree. Plus it also now occurs to me that him being on the football team... that would make him much stronger and more powerful than those girls. We're not talking about some skinny science geek.
Stronger than all three of them together?

I've known some pretty small, skinny high school football players, especially 9th graders.

If he was "some skinny science geek," wouldn't you then say he was smart enough to know better? That he "tricked" the girls with his superior intelligence?

Old 02-08-2009, 10:21 PM
miu

16,469 posts, read 33,412,913 times
Quote:
Generally, boys who are puny and of slight build are not encouraged to be on the football team. Of course, I realize that he wasn't a first string player, but only in training and development for playing in games as an upperclassman. Otherwise, I have no prejudices against young people who play team sports.

Quote:
Stronger than all three of them together?

I've known some pretty small, skinny high school football players, especially 9th graders.

If he was "some skinny science geek," wouldn't you then say he was smart enough to know better? That he "tricked" the girls with his superior intelligence?
If I read the story correctly, I understood the author to infer the boy had been having relations with the girls but I do not recall at the same time...I could be wrong, though...

12,715 posts, read 11,189,582 times
Everyone should check out this link and make their voices heard about kids being victimized by insane statutory rape laws and registration laws...here in Michigan a woman is on the registry for something she did when she was 10...

Ethical Treatment for All Youth

Old 02-08-2009, 10:23 PM

12,715 posts, read 11,189,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitokenshi View Post

yes I see an issue
Yes I see an issue: your math.

14= freshman (grade 9)
-2=
12=(9-2)=grade 7
-1=
11 (7-1)=grade 6
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or