U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2009, 11:48 PM

3,885 posts, read 7,217,865 times

Advertisements

This really is a disturbing case and a difficult call. It will be interesting to see how it plays out. The one quote sticks out in my mind, another poster quoted it in relation to something artsy said, that the girls were told they were playing games and at least one was afraid of him. Unfortunately, sometimes kids really are innocent and get talked into doing something because the older person doesn't call it "sex". Another thing that gives me pause is that it happened for a few months to 3 girls. Added together, those things makes him appear to be a bit of a predator.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2009, 11:49 PM

8,917 posts, read 13,886,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitokenshi View Post
a 14 year old is light years away from an 11 year old physically and mentally
Not these days and apparently not these particular kids if they are having sex, willingly, with each other. It's not right, but it is what it is.

Old 02-08-2009, 11:53 PM

12,715 posts, read 11,217,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MooksterL1 View Post
This really is a disturbing case and a difficult call. It will be interesting to see how it plays out. The one quote sticks out in my mind, another poster quoted it in relation to something artsy said, that the girls were told they were playing games and at least one was afraid of him. Unfortunately, sometimes kids really are innocent and get talked into doing something because the older person doesn't call it "sex".
These days, I think cases like that would be extremely rare, although sure, it may happen. I don't think whether the older person calls it "sex" should necessarily be dispositive; they know what's happening when it happens.

Quote:
Another thing that gives me pause is that it happened for a few months to 3 girls. Added together, those things makes him appear to be a bit of a predator.
It makes the girls appear to me to be very silly girls swooning over a football player and willing to do anything to be with someone that popular.

Old 02-08-2009, 11:58 PM

3,885 posts, read 7,217,865 times
You would be surprised. I taught sex ed for several years and I always had at least one class of little 6th graders that were completely innocent. So, I would say the possibility exists that an 11 year wouldn't know what was going on. And silly girls? Have you ever been around 11 & 12 year old girls? They are supposed to be silly. They are children!

Old 02-08-2009, 11:58 PM

8,917 posts, read 13,886,006 times
Cruz endorsed the views of the dissenters, Justices Francis Spina and Judith Cowin. Writing for them, Spina noted the boy was a high school student while the girls were elementary school students. He was a football player and the justices said he sometimes pressured the girls into sex acts.

"None of the complainants reported being afraid of the boy's behavior,’’ Chief Justice Margaret Marshall wrote for the majority. “Indeed, sexual behavior seemed to melt seamlessly into games of 'manhunt,' 'truth or dare,' and 'making out.' Some of it occurred with more than one complainant present.’’

Very confusing, I missed some of that. It looks as if the boy did some coercing.

Old 02-09-2009, 12:03 AM
miu

16,523 posts, read 33,515,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MooksterL1 View Post
Another thing that gives me pause is that it happened for a few months to 3 girls. Added together, those things makes him appear to be a bit of a predator.
True. This shouldn't be considered a Romeo and Juliet puppy love crush that got out of hand. Not if three different girls were involved and none of them were his age or his same grade level. It does seem sort of predatory to only be going after much younger girls.

Old 02-09-2009, 12:10 AM

3,088 posts, read 7,646,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
Yeah, when you don't fill out a profile you run the risk of people not knowing, so no apology is in order.

After YOU brought in the grades (and got them wrong) and YOU posted the photos (which were probably unrepresentative of the case, and didn't impress anyone), now YOU say those things don't matter.

These are all kids, but either all of them should be punished or none of them should.
look calm down I am sure those kids YOU had fun with won't tell. No I did not get the grades incorrect. My point was not about photos but about the fact that there is a difference between an 11 and 14yr old physically and mentally which I tried to demonstrate.

Geesh..
Pedobear is going to appear any moment now

Old 02-09-2009, 12:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitokenshi View Post
No I did not get the grades incorrect.
Yes you did, as I showed you.

Old 02-09-2009, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
True. This shouldn't be considered a Romeo and Juliet puppy love crush that got out of hand. Not if three different girls were involved and none of them were his age or his same grade level. It does seem sort of predatory to only be going after much younger girls.
2-3 years is "much younger"? Not when I was in school, but maybe standards vary from place to place.

Old 02-09-2009, 12:31 AM

154 posts, read 544,675 times
Sure, it's "only" 2-3 years, but 14/11 is a big three years. It seems bigger than even 18/15, and certainly bigger than something like 25/22, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or