Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 11:12 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,047,000 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colddiamond102 View Post
Whats that big hairy thing you're sitting on???
Geez, what's with ya, people?! Same questions on the other thread... Have you not seen a bear in your lives?! It's a real stuffed bear!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2009, 11:38 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 19,978,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Hah, I THOUGHT I was an ugly duckling when I was a preteen and teen...looking at pictures, turns out I just didn't realize how cute I was. I was just insecure and modest. But nobody treated me poorly or as if I were unattractive, in any case. I just felt self-conscious all the time, and didn't realize I looked fine.
That's my story, too. There were a lot of 'popular girls' who wanted to befriend me to get close to my brothers--who were the most popular guys in school--so I thought guys were just trying to go out with me to get to hang out with them too b'c I thought I was too ugly to go out with. I was so short and skinny I secretly wore two pairs of jeans to try to make it look like I had a butt. I looked like a 5th grader in high school.

Old 02-10-2009, 06:58 AM

22,237 posts, read 29,276,194 times
I don't think I was the ugly duckling. Just normal. In hs, I had small boobs but a nice bubble butt which I knew how to show off. I invested $7K into myself when I turned 25. However, even before that I was still considered attractive. Now I'm pretty hot and others most definitely agree because whenever I go anywhere in my attractive mode, ALL the claws come out and I get the evil eyes from everywhere. I just laugh and wink/smile at their men LOL.

Also, all my bf's always comment/ed when we go out how many people look at me.

Old 02-10-2009, 11:03 AM

13,584 posts, read 21,358,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heatwave13 View Post
How about some before/after pictures in this thread?
around 14 years old,maybe 15.

22 or 23 years old with one of my bands,Im the 4th left to right.

around 29 or 30 years old.

last year at 41 years old

Old 02-11-2009, 07:31 AM

4,739 posts, read 8,363,929 times
No I was the one that my sisters friends always wanted to date, my parents friends daughters I was told to avoid. Parents from the area would come in some of my Dads businesses and try and fix me up. I never felt like the ugly duckling.

Now nothings changed...its never been an issue.

Old 04-22-2010, 12:33 AM

1 posts, read 1,478 times
I was flat chested when all the girls were developing in junior high. I was extremely skinny due to genetics, wore braces, had thick eyebrows (although not a uni-brow), and had a slight bump on my nose. I was definitely not getting the guys' attention in those days. Some boys would have birthday parties and invite all the cute girls only (not me, of course). I consider myself fairly attractive today and manage to date really attractive guys (dated a model once). I have to admit I got a nose job and a boob job (a modest one) recently. It's funny how life works, but I do have to say that I do have issues from the junior high days where sometimes I don't feel pretty and don't believe it for myself that a guy (especially a hot guy) is genuinely interested in me. Regardless, I consider myself good looking today despite my nonsense insecurities.

Old 04-27-2010, 08:28 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,324,788 times
I was fat, then I got skinny,

When I was fat, my face was definitely ugly looking, I was in grade school. Interestingly enough, the girls liked me. Right before high school I started getting tall, and I began slimming down. Unfortunately, my face remained big and blown up so I must've looked worse. (Imagine a Professor Klump face on a Spike Lee body.

Now over 10 years later, I've began another change. I'm going from skinny to athletic. (Plus my face is not so messed up, I'm no longer ugly, but just slightly below average)

Old 04-27-2010, 09:09 PM

2,115 posts, read 5,023,623 times
I was an incredibly cute child.

But middle school was a very awkward phase.

Old 04-27-2010, 11:22 PM

1,203 posts, read 1,979,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by serena nisha sattar View Post
I was an ugly duckling as a child and growing up and i am still ugly as an adult. I am still waiting to be good looking but I see there is no hope.
describes me exactly.

Old 04-27-2010, 11:26 PM

61,289 posts, read 87,260,493 times
yes i was, and now i feel like a great big duck with fangs and claws and heavy sharp chip on my shoulder.
i am going to go by kaiser tomarrow and if if they can remove all of the above, its beginning to really bother me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships