U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 02-11-2009, 02:15 PM

10,080 posts, read 12,854,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda0808 View Post
I agree with this
I don't
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2009, 02:27 PM

2,419 posts, read 2,350,276 times
Do you think allot of these women really want bad boys or is it just that allot of jerks are good looking guys so they put up with more bs from them then if it was a not so good looking guy??

Old 02-11-2009, 03:00 PM

4,838 posts, read 4,953,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Degenerate View Post
Well, maybe you're not marketing yourself properly.

It's not about what you have ... it's all about what people THINK you have
What women eventually figure out is that the marketing by many men is false advertising.

Old 02-11-2009, 03:04 PM

7,489 posts, read 8,085,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Public_Newsense View Post
I think it's the 'bad boys' who lack confidence, thus, the bad boy act. The nice guys have nothing to prove--at least the ones I've dated. I think the term 'nice guy' is very misleading. The nice guys I've been attracted to and/or dated don't take any crap off people but they don't go around flexing their muscles like the bad boys--so to speak--so they just don't attract as much trouble. The nice guys know what they want, don't settle for less just b'c what they want isn't immediately in sight and don't compromise their high standard just to get a date. Bad boys on the other hand will date anything, anytime, anywhere. They're no catch at all. Been there, done that.
I agree. A person with true confidence doesn't need to pretend to be something he's not. This applies to women as well. I've met a number of women who weren't the most beautiful woman in the room and yet they radiated confidence because you could tell they weren't trying to impress the guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlineerik View Post
pretending to be something I'm not was probably the most pathetic thing I've done.
I agree. It is pretty pathetic. That's one the great things about getting older. You learn not to care so much what others think or what they'll be impressed by.

Old 02-11-2009, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlrl View Post
a few weeks ago (a woman) said that nice guys and bad guys have something in common: they are angry and have issues with women, except the nice guy represses it and the bad guy does not. I agree with this
So all men are angry?

Old 02-11-2009, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWPN
Seriously... I keep hearing this crap of "Nice guys finish last", where are they?
I keep running into the *******s in it for themselves. Not playing myself up, but I'm a catch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlineerik View Post
2 possible scenarios:
1. You great catches ignored them until they became too frustrated to stay nice.

2. They kept being nice anyway and none of you great catches even looked at them so they couldn't reproduce and now they're extinct.
Breeding has had an effect. We are now two or mor generations into the new paradigm. "Nice" was the most successful schtick until a little after 1960. Since then, it fell our of favor for many years. Whether this trait is genetic or behavioral, its not being passed on in the same numbers as in the past.

Old 02-11-2009, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
There's nothing wrong with being the quiet reserved type. If that's who you are, own it. Don't try to be something you're not.
Then you better be at least 7 out of 10 on the looks scale to have any sussess with women.

Anything less, and you must be outgoing. For many guys, this is a reall killer of their confidence.

Old 02-11-2009, 03:27 PM

1,301 posts, read 1,497,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
Do you think allot of these women really want bad boys or is it just that allot of jerks are good looking guys so they put up with more bs from them then if it was a not so good looking guy??

What's your point?

If these chicks want the "bad boys" who are a-holes and jerks because they're "good-looking," why would you even worry about attracting those type of women? Are they really worth the effort to date? It's that they have issues with themselves. You shouldn't waste your time.

Old 02-11-2009, 03:35 PM

3,197 posts, read 4,391,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saberai View Post
If these chicks want the "bad boys" who are a-holes and jerks because they're "good-looking," why would you even worry about attracting those type of women? Are they really worth the effort to date? It's that they have issues with themselves. You shouldn't waste your time.
Exactly. Maybe they are going after the wrong women.

Old 02-11-2009, 03:37 PM

647 posts, read 1,260,635 times
How does this "nice" phenomenon play out with "nice girls?" Or is that a topic for another thread?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships