U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Unread 02-13-2009, 08:47 AM

2,984 posts, read 3,319,845 times
Most women in their early twenties are not bright enought tu know that the right man is the average fellow they see every day.
Quick reply to this message

Unread 02-13-2009, 09:11 AM

2,412 posts, read 2,743,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KWPN View Post
Seriously... I keep hearing this crap of "Nice guys finish last", where are they?
I keep running into the *******s in it for themselves. Not playing myself up, but I'm a catch!
My mom was a wonderful, pretty lady. My father was/is a complete tool. They broke up when I was three..bad experiance, but she learned, right? End of story..no

She then married my stepfather and spent a lot of time wearing oversized sunglasses...they seperated when I was 10..she got an apartment, a very good job and dated some very nice men..then she went back with my stepfather. I guess she liked the look of the sunglasses? Then they broke up again when I was 19.

She went to school, finished top in her class and got a REALLY good job! She then went to a dance and brought home what i refer to as a Three legged puppy. She was dating a handsome millionaire just before this and he actually took me out to dinner and asked "pat, what's wrong with your mom? I like her a lot, she seems to like me, but she is distant" I replied half jokingly, half serious "have you tried spitting on her?" The puppy had no job, was on disability, had an ex who wished him dead, and pious and jerky family, his kids didn't speak to him. He was cheap and nothing to look at. The millionaire was fun to be around, his kids loved him, he was generous, interesting, well liked. Moms answer? He just doesn't do it for me. What is it mom? The sex? "no that's good!" well then what the hell mom! He tries too hard.

My mother would ignore all pursuers! The puppy? "he was all alone not talking to anybody at the dance." Mom did it ever occur to you he was a social retard?

Anyway this guy never worked, beat my mother , she supported him her whole life, he got HER HOUSE.

People are attracted to what they are attracted to.

There are tons of nice guys out there...are YOU attractive to them? And if you are, do YOU really give them the time of day?

Unread 02-13-2009, 12:07 PM

6,877 posts, read 7,280,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by optiflex View Post
My mom was a wonderful, pretty lady. My father was/is a complete tool. They broke up when I was three..bad experiance, but she learned, right? End of story..no

She then married my stepfather and spent a lot of time wearing oversized sunglasses...they seperated when I was 10..she got an apartment, a very good job and dated some very nice men..then she went back with my stepfather. I guess she liked the look of the sunglasses? Then they broke up again when I was 19.

She went to school, finished top in her class and got a REALLY good job! She then went to a dance and brought home what i refer to as a Three legged puppy. She was dating a handsome millionaire just before this and he actually took me out to dinner and asked "pat, what's wrong with your mom? I like her a lot, she seems to like me, but she is distant" I replied half jokingly, half serious "have you tried spitting on her?" The puppy had no job, was on disability, had an ex who wished him dead, and pious and jerky family, his kids didn't speak to him. He was cheap and nothing to look at. The millionaire was fun to be around, his kids loved him, he was generous, interesting, well liked. Moms answer? He just doesn't do it for me. What is it mom? The sex? "no that's good!" well then what the hell mom! He tries too hard.

My mother would ignore all pursuers! The puppy? "he was all alone not talking to anybody at the dance." Mom did it ever occur to you he was a social retard?

Anyway this guy never worked, beat my mother , she supported him her whole life, he got HER HOUSE.

People are attracted to what they are attracted to.

There are tons of nice guys out there...are YOU attractive to them? And if you are, do YOU really give them the time of day?
Thank you for posting this. What ever happened to that nice guy?

I think the real problem with nice guys isn't that they're necessarily boring or that they're pushovers. It's that they're always there when you need them. Normally, that would be a good thing, but I think some women take that for granted. They can go after the jerk or bad boy because they know if it doesn't work out, that nice guy they passed up will still be there. I hope the nice guy you described found someone who appreciated him more than your mom seemed to.

Unread 02-13-2009, 12:37 PM

1,254 posts, read 1,218,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PureNarcotic View Post
"Bad Boys" are sometimes born - but often enough, they were once nice guys who realized that the way to get girls was to stop being nice.
QFT. I have a good friend who this applies to perfectly, and I"ll just say it has worked out for him very well.

Unread 02-13-2009, 12:44 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,511 posts, read 10,653,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PureNarcotic
"Bad Boys" are sometimes born - but often enough, they were once nice guys who realized that the way to get girls was to stop being nice.
Depends on the quality of woman they're after.

Unread 02-13-2009, 12:45 PM

421 posts, read 1,071,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlet_letterman View Post
Agree with the second line of your post you respectable individual you,
but a wise individual once said "to see new horizons, you need not seek different landscapes, but to see through different eyes"
Thanks

Of course, I just caught a typo ; 'There' should be 'They're*'.

Poor grammar is like nails on a chalk-board to me, and I committed it myself! Ehhh, what'cha gonna do?

Unread 02-13-2009, 12:50 PM

6,877 posts, read 7,280,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Public_Newsense View Post
Depends on the quality of woman they're after.
Exactly. For all the talk about how women pass up nice guys and go after bad boys, I think that says more about those women than anything else. Nice might equal boring, but what kind of woman would pass over that to be with someone who treats her like dirt?

Unread 02-13-2009, 01:14 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,511 posts, read 10,653,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
Exactly. For all the talk about how women pass up nice guys and go after bad boys, I think that says more about those women than anything else. Nice might equal boring, but what kind of woman would pass over that to be with someone who treats her like dirt?
I've dated many 'nice' men and none were what I'd consider boring but one in particular was the most exciting person to be around I've ever met. It's just a matter of what you like to do and what you have in common. 'Bad boys' can be just as 'boring' as anyone else. In fact, they do bore me. I find the bad boy image pretty predictable and kind of silly, as if they're almost in this constant state of mid-life crisis.

Unread 02-13-2009, 01:22 PM

2,412 posts, read 2,743,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
Thank you for posting this. What ever happened to that nice guy?

I think the real problem with nice guys isn't that they're necessarily boring or that they're pushovers. It's that they're always there when you need them. Normally, that would be a good thing, but I think some women take that for granted. They can go after the jerk or bad boy because they know if it doesn't work out, that nice guy they passed up will still be there. I hope the nice guy you described found someone who appreciated him more than your mom seemed to.
I don't really know what happened to Jack. I saw him occasionally and he'd ask about her. Let me stress this third guy had absolutly NOTHING going for him. Maybe she had an accute case of Florence Nightingale syndrome by then. She supported him the rest of her life and about two years before she died, he inherited $110,000,000...She was happy because she figured they could sell their small house and move out to the country...he said "what are you talking about? This is my money!"

She got cancer and knew she was dying. She paid for her whole hospice by herself, she had specific wishes at her funeral, she wanted a closed casket because she was emaciated. She bought her own flowers. At the funeral he altered her wishes, and tried to cancel some of her floral arrangements/get a refund.

When somebody is like this(my mom, not him) it's like they find the absolute most horrible people they can. Or they're a bright light that the moths are attracted to. and sometimes I fear I've inherited this trait. My ex-wife did me so nasty it was epic. And I was chilled by a womans words I'd knew since middle school "I always knew you'd end up with some user-b**tch, you were too nice" asked to elaborate she offered "you always treated your g-friends like the world revolved around them"
And when my marriage ended my friends started saying "we always knew, but didn't say anything because you loved her"

Unread 02-13-2009, 01:25 PM

1,776 posts, read 2,333,519 times
Why is nice equal to boring? Because they aren't shoving you into a wall or giving you internal injuries? I guess going to court, getting a restraining order and fearing for your life is exciting.

Of course, those are extremes of a bad boy just like boring is toward somebody who treats a woman like she wants to be treated.

Last edited by IZthe411; 02-13-2009 at 02:29 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships