Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2009, 02:22 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,950,852 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingchef View Post
the average gal would ask: "are you GAY?", after which, the poor fellow, like man's best friend, looks up at the moon, beighs, licks himself slightly and walks away destroyed.
Isn't this the truth??

As soon as you find someone that seems to be a great catch they ask that question.

I've heard that question before and it ticked me off royally!!! I grew up with 3 sisters and knew all the ins and outs of the female world. I never had a gay waving hands sort of personality that would lead them to a conclusion like that, but just knowing how to do things that were in line with the female gender scared a few gals. I wouldn't wish what I went through on any of you male souls. It was very tough. I still ain't right cause of it. I get along with EVERY woman. I wouldn't say I would be getting some or alot of dates. I am just cool and comfortable to them. We always are friends cause I treat them like sisters.

Old 06-10-2009, 02:55 PM

8,518 posts, read 15,640,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
I wonder if part of the problem is that some "nice guys" aren't that interested in the "hunt", and don't ask every woman they meet if they'd like to get together. The "bad boys" that do, will eventually find one who does, because he asked. Whereas the nice guy might not ask, but wait for her interest instead.
It's not that they're not interested. But unlike the bad boy, they don't hit on everything that moves. The bad boy plays the numbers game. He figures he can go after every hot girl that crosses his path and if he gets shot down, no big deal cause there'll be plenty of other hot girls. But the nice guy is careful. He's not going to pursue someone unless he thinks she's worth her time. The bad boy will freely go after the girl he knows has zero interest in him, but the nice guy will exercise restraint. He won't necessarily wait for her to make the first move, but he won't just go after anyone.

Old 06-10-2009, 03:05 PM

2,984 posts, read 5,856,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KWPN View Post
Seriously... I keep hearing this crap of "Nice guys finish last", where are they?
I keep running into the *******s in it for themselves. Not playing myself up, but I'm a catch!
Where are all the good men? Married to women who knew what they wanted in a man and grabbed them before the competition took notice. Sorry to say but the longer a woman waits or dates Mr. Macho Looser, the harder it is to find Mr. Nice and wants to be married. My wife at age 16 fell in love with me, at 17 began dating me and by the time she was 19 we were engaged to be married. She was seven years younger than I but knew what she wanted early in life in a husband.

Old 06-10-2009, 03:07 PM

5,642 posts, read 15,710,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingchef View Post
the average gal would ask: "are you GAY?", after which, the poor fellow, like man's best friend, looks up at the moon, beighs, licks himself slightly and walks away destroyed.
Haha nah it's not the girls that ask that, it's the guys! I'm too much of a nice guy...and I freak out when married women make a move on me. I always have this thought that if I was caught with a married women, I'd get shot and killed by the husband like you see on those dateline NBC shows.

Old 06-10-2009, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal's Wager View Post
Haha nah it's not the girls that ask that, it's the guys! I'm too much of a nice guy...and I freak out when married women make a move on me. I always have this thought that if I was caught with a married women, I'd get shot and killed by the husband like you see on those dateline NBC shows.
Married women would hit on me when I was single and in my early twenties. I did the horrible thing and slept with them. I never got caught by their husbands. It would only go on for a few weeks and then the wives would call it quits. I was such a bad boy back then.

Old 06-10-2009, 03:26 PM

5,258 posts, read 9,142,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stac2007 View Post
Married women would hit on me when I was single and in my early twenties. I did the horrible thing and slept with them. I never got caught by their husbands. It would only go on for a few weeks and then the wives would call it quits. I was such a bad boy back then.
Wow...quite the thrill seeker, huh?

Old 06-10-2009, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda0808 View Post
Wow...quite the thrill seeker, huh?
To be honest I did not seek the thrill but was happy to accept it. Every 20/21 year old man thinks about one thing, sex. Being between a married ladies legs does help build a young mans confidence in bed. I built up a lot of confidence when I was young.

Old 06-10-2009, 04:02 PM

5,324 posts, read 6,100,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
It's not that they're not interested. But unlike the bad boy, they don't hit on everything that moves. The bad boy plays the numbers game. He figures he can go after every hot girl that crosses his path and if he gets shot down, no big deal cause there'll be plenty of other hot girls. But the nice guy is careful. He's not going to pursue someone unless he thinks she's worth her time. The bad boy will freely go after the girl he knows has zero interest in him, but the nice guy will exercise restraint. He won't necessarily wait for her to make the first move, but he won't just go after anyone.
Good points though i dont know if the good guy doesnt chase tail because sehs not worth his time necassarily

Id consider myself a good guy but the reason i dont hit on allot of women isnt that its the fact that my self esteem is pretty low and if i get rejected by a few women in a row im crushed and feel ugly and unworthy of attracting females..

Old 06-10-2009, 05:01 PM

1,201 posts, read 2,347,352 times
Talking sisters, sisters, there were never such devoted sisters...

Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
Isn't this the truth??

As soon as you find someone that seems to be a great catch they ask that question.

I've heard that question before and it ticked me off royally!!! I grew up with 3 sisters and knew all the ins and outs of the female world. I never had a gay waving hands sort of personality that would lead them to a conclusion like that, but just knowing how to do things that were in line with the female gender scared a few gals. I wouldn't wish what I went through on any of you male souls. It was very tough. I still ain't right cause of it. I get along with EVERY woman. I wouldn't say I would be getting some or alot of dates. I am just cool and comfortable to them. We always are friends cause I treat them like sisters.

well, hopefully, though, you would not *********r sister---i think i know what point you are making, however. many a gal fall in love w/ my witty repartee'. they, however, tend to prefer i be separated from it by distance and time; and, as one can conclude, this makes for somewhat of a less than fulfilling relationship.

Old 06-10-2009, 05:12 PM

1,201 posts, read 2,347,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stac2007 View Post
To be honest I did not seek the thrill but was happy to accept it. Every 20/21 year old man thinks about one thing, sex. Being between a married ladies legs does help build a young mans confidence in bed. I built up a lot of confidence when I was young.

AND, from the sound of it, quite a bit of leg muscle, too!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships