U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Unread 02-10-2009, 01:19 PM

36 posts, read 107,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DimSumRaja View Post
consider yourself fortunate to have found out "very early" in the relationship. So that you can cut your losses. Or if you choose to stick with him, you are signing up for more of the same. First, the texting, then the lying. It sounds like he is not trustworthy. Don't expect him to change.
I totally agree with you
Quick reply to this message

Unread 02-10-2009, 01:24 PM

1,072 posts, read 1,446,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msnicole83 View Post
i found my man sending inappropriate texts to a woman. he denies it...what do i do...very early in our relationship...this is not acceptable
Sorry that this happens to you, but allow me to shed some light:

Have you actually have the "talk" -- you know, the "where is this going?" type of talk? Because, you may perceive him as your boyfriend, but he may not. Perhaps you two are not on the same page about who you are to each other?

Now, if you already went past the talk, and he's doing this, then I would agree with other posters.

Unread 02-10-2009, 01:24 PM

8,184 posts, read 10,276,291 times
And you want him for your very own why??????

Unread 02-10-2009, 01:43 PM

19,656 posts, read 15,639,672 times
Can you be more specific about what he was texting? I just ask because I don't know what you mean by inappropriate.

Unread 02-10-2009, 02:19 PM

5,108 posts, read 7,010,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by optiflex View Post
How does one "attempt" to deny inappropriate texts?

it's what someone does when they are caught doing _______ (whatever), they deny it. Most people don't admit it when they are caught lying, cheating, stealing, whatever. They just go on to lie about it.

Unread 02-10-2009, 02:25 PM

42,184 posts, read 48,669,087 times
Quote:
it's what someone does when they are caught doing _______ (whatever), they deny it. Most people don't admit it when they are caught lying, cheating, stealing, whatever. They just go on to lie about it.
Exactly. Saw something about this recently on tv - a study showed how the majority of people when confronted with a wrong doing will deny, deny, deny without giving it a second thought. It's like some kind of survival mechanism that you have to learn to overcome by practicing telling the truth all the time. Many people don't like to practice

Unread 02-10-2009, 02:26 PM

19,656 posts, read 15,639,672 times
Quote:
That's why I aksed for more information. There's a recent post here from a woman who is friendly with a guy, and his wife is jealous and rude about it. If that wife posted here, she might say something like, "I've caught my husband having inappropriate conversation with another woman, and he just denies it." And everyone would jump all over the guy like they have here and say OMG what a lying cheating bastard, you should dump him immediately.

We only have one side of the story and a very scant one at that. I think it's a good idea to have a little more information before we all go off on the guy who may simply be talking to a friend of his.

Unread 02-10-2009, 03:12 PM

931 posts, read 2,410,827 times
What did the text message day?

BTW, there is no reason for a guy to text another girl besides his wife or girlfriend, unless he wants to bang her.

Unread 02-10-2009, 03:13 PM

452 posts, read 592,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msnicole83 View Post
i found my man sending inappropriate texts to a woman. he denies it...what do i do...very early in our relationship...this is not acceptable
And how did you happen to come across these "inappropriate" text messages? Snooping, maybe?

Unread 02-10-2009, 03:20 PM

5,108 posts, read 7,010,369 times
i also wonder, how did she meet him in the first place? If it was through online dating, is his profile still up and active? How she met him, is probably how he has met other women, and possibly continues to meet other women.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships