Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2009, 06:11 PM

37,608 posts, read 45,978,731 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotARedneck View Post
Closed? I think this has the makings of a rip roaring new thread.
Yeah I agree. I talked to guy from Egypt the other night and I asked him what he thought of American women, and he said..."stuck up".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2009, 06:15 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,405,055 times
americans are finding dealing with foreigners much easier than dealing with americans.
americans are finding that you can buy most anything.
money can buy happiness, money can buy servitude and obediance. it can, so long as you dont run out.
if it runs out, all you got is a fat ugly american.

Old 02-10-2009, 06:21 PM

4,273 posts, read 15,251,717 times
Because outside the U.S. (and even in the U.S.) women are given very little consideration and respect by their male counterparts.

Old 02-10-2009, 06:25 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,953,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie View Post
All of this "Russian brides" talk started me wondering why we women can't import ourselves some well-educated, cultured, non-football watching foreign dudes for love and matrimony?

Any thoughts?
You CAN do it. Women may have better luck with mail order husbands than men have with the mail order brides.

You probably wont have to deal with a guy who shows up at your doorstep with 3-4 kids that you never new he had like the women do. They may not want to leave you either - EVER. The only thing is, they are just a bit different than American men - they drink a lot of vodka instead of a lot of Bud, they watch Soccer instead of Football, and they smoke instead of being non-smokers.

Old 02-10-2009, 06:27 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,405,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBeez View Post
You CAN do it. Women may have better luck with mail order husbands than men have with the mail order brides.

You probably wont have to deal with a guy who shows up at your doorstep with 3-4 kids that you never new he had like the women do. They may not want to leave you either - EVER. The only thing is, they are just a bit different than American men - they drink a lot of vodka instead of a lot of Bud, they watch Soccer instead of Football, and they smoke instead of being non-smokers.
most american men dont wana leave you either,
75% of divorces filed by women. of course without the big fat settlement
divorcing a russian newbe may not be as much fun.

Old 02-10-2009, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
americans are finding dealing with foreigners much easier than dealing with americans.
Really? Why?

Quote:
americans are finding that you can buy most anything.
I think today Americans are pretty much finding the opposite, these days.

Quote:
money can buy happiness, money can buy servitude and obediance. it can, so long as you dont run out.
if it runs out, all you got is a fat ugly american.
I think the fat issue is certainly a more serious problem for Americans.
Ugly, however, lives everywhere.

Old 02-10-2009, 06:35 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,003,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anneee View Post
We can but we don't because we're smart enough to figure out how these things usually end!

In fact, I once worked with a woman who imported a husband from one of those little countries next to Russia (can't remember which). He was very good-looking. She wasn't. It lasted three years, just long enough for him to become a citizen. And now she's paying him alimony.

And that is why few women import men for love and marriage. It's because we think with our brains!
LOL

My ex's Russian wife says Russian men are horrible to women and are among the most blatantly sexist, mysogynist abusers on the planet. True? I don't care to find out.

Old 02-10-2009, 06:39 PM

2,514 posts, read 4,953,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Ugly, however, lives everywhere.
Yeppers!

Sit tight, ladies. It's only a matter of time before the mad scientists are cloning the perfect man & selling the "custom built to your specs" model.

(not to worry - both genders will be money-makers!)

Old 02-10-2009, 06:42 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,163,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
American women do not want to know what most Euro men think about American women. Case closed.
True. Only American men for me. I find accents from the UK, Scotland and Ireland very appealing, but the people over there have the reputation of having bad teeth. Maybe that's changed. However, I wouldn't mind importing Colin Firth for me...

Old 02-10-2009, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
True. Only American men for me. I find accents from the UK, Scotland and Ireland very appealing, but the people over there have the reputation of having bad teeth. Maybe that's changed. However, I wouldn't mind importing Colin Firth for me...
Oh gosh...can we share him??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships