U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2009, 03:12 PM

452 posts, read 640,822 times
I have a few and it works out just fine, thankyouverymuch.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2009, 10:52 AM

41 posts, read 81,490 times
My FWB scenerio happened in my early 20s. We were great friends who occasionally enjoyed the casual hook-up when the mood hit - no strings, both of us still playing the dating pool (but NO hook-ups when dating another person, an unspoken rule). Crazily enough, we ended up falling in love after a couple years - been happily committed since, going on four years - go figure?!

Only bummer is, we don't have a traditional "first date anniversary" to celebrate, lol

Old 02-13-2009, 11:41 AM

2,134 posts, read 1,483,853 times
I think the whole idea that FWB is not possible is based on the idea that women are so addicted to romance that it's IMPOSSIBLE for them to have sex with a guy and not get romantically attached. This conveniently fits the view most men have of women. This is also encouraged by the pop culture. How many books and movies have been made about women who just couldn't help falling in love with a guy they were just having a casual affair with?

Old 02-13-2009, 01:47 PM

41 posts, read 81,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Book Lover 21 View Post
I think the whole idea that FWB is not possible is based on the idea that women are so addicted to romance that it's IMPOSSIBLE for them to have sex with a guy and not get romantically attached. This conveniently fits the view most men have of women. This is also encouraged by the pop culture. How many books and movies have been made about women who just couldn't help falling in love with a guy they were just having a casual affair with?
In our case, it was HIM who initiated the relationship - sorry to debunk your theory!

Old 02-13-2009, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by curliq View Post
In our case, it was HIM who initiated the relationship - sorry to debunk your theory!
It's not my theory. I think this is just the way a lot of people think.

Old 02-13-2009, 02:03 PM

2,412 posts, read 2,984,999 times
I have two. I keep waiting for it to explode, it hasn't for almost two months now.

Old 02-13-2009, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Book Lover 21 View Post
This has been the failing in previous attempts but these girls are not addicted to romance, nor is there even a chance.

Old 02-13-2009, 02:13 PM

I did have one that told me he loved me. I scowled at him and said, "Why would you want to ruin this by dragging the L-word into it?" He said he thought that all women were waiting to hear that sooner or later and he didn't want to lose me.

Why would someone assume that I am going to get emotionally attached to them? Just because we bumped uglies? Isn't that an ego trip? No, you're not all that!

Old 02-13-2009, 02:21 PM

Love and emotionally attached could mean different things...a girl I was in a FWB with got very upset when I moved on because she "caught feelings" for me....Achooooo....gezundhite

Old 02-13-2009, 11:37 PM

9,703 posts, read 12,018,823 times
I think long term these things don't work because someones feelings get involved or other issues. Most of the time.

There have been some people I know of that were in a certain place in life that all they wanted was a cuddle and a good bump every once in a while and they found another person with the same understanding and so it goes. Personally that is all I am interested in right now and all I am willing to accept for now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships