Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2009, 06:48 AM

19,743 posts, read 22,635,943 times

Advertisements

Well my best friend sure did come with benefits. He was a contractor so I could borrow a lot of tools, he'd come down and help me do things like install wood floors, frame up a room in the basement, get on the roof and patch some shingles.. Of course he could use my tractor and implements and stuff too, so it was a great relationship.

But somehow I'm sensing that this isn't the crux of the thread here... so, ummm.. No- Brian and I never.. um, did the deed.. Well, there was one time when he hugged me, but that's about it..

And that was kinda nice. In a weird sorta way.

Mmkay. Bye.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2009, 07:00 AM

72 posts, read 190,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
It worked for me in college. I didnt have time for a draining relationship with working 2 jobs and keeping up my GPA so I had several, some at the same time. After graduation we all went our seperate ways. Then I got serious with one guy, got married. Man did that suck. Wish I kept up the FWB thing.
good job i know how you feel

Old 02-11-2009, 07:11 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,134,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz View Post
But it does work, you both get what you want and then move on.
Well, didn't you just say for how long it worked - 2 weeks...? To me that's a little prolonged one-night stand. We're talking about long-term basis.

Old 02-11-2009, 07:14 AM

13,601 posts, read 21,385,992 times
Had one until recently,looking for another.....

Old 02-11-2009, 07:23 AM

7,454 posts, read 13,422,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Well, didn't you just say for how long it worked - 2 weeks...? To me that's a little prolonged one-night stand. We're talking about long-term basis.
2 weeks is a long term basis for FWB's in my book

Old 02-11-2009, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
Had one until recently,looking for another.....
That'd be a good time to enlighten us as to the reasons it didn't continue!

Old 02-11-2009, 08:11 AM

36,499 posts, read 30,827,524 times
Quote:
2 weeks is a long term basis for FWB's in my book
Thats long term? Do your one night stands actually last one night? Or more like one minute? Just kidding.

My FWBs lasted from a few months to a few years. I think duration is the key to making it work. If the relationship continues too long and is more or less exclusive, it is bound to become more than FWB. You have to know when to fold.

Old 02-11-2009, 08:31 AM

7,454 posts, read 13,422,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Thats long term? Do your one night stands actually last one night? Or more like one minute? Just kidding.

My FWBs lasted from a few months to a few years. I think duration is the key to making it work. If the relationship continues too long and is more or less exclusive, it is bound to become more than FWB. You have to know when to fold.
Wow a few years? what do you think were the key/s you had in place so that neither of you became too attached?

Old 02-11-2009, 09:54 AM

9,230 posts, read 16,539,444 times
I don't think it's supposed to "work" or "last". It just is, without even saying it.

I haven't had one in a long time, but I have had a couple. I'd go so far as to say that it could happen again with either one of them. We're great friends and there's nothing awkward about it. Nothing ever changed, things didn't get weird and there were no expectations. At the same time there was nothing casual about it, like a one night stand. These are men I care about, I respect them and they respect me. We may not be in love, but there is a comfort level that allows us to share with one another in this way. Not sure if that makes sense, but that's how it works for me.

I could do with one of them beneficent mens now. It would be perfect for me at this point in my life. But, alas, there is no one in my life right now that would be suitable for the position. No pun intented.

Old 02-11-2009, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
These are men I care about, I respect them and they respect me. We may not be in love, but there is a comfort level that allows us to share with one another in this way. Not sure if that makes sense, but that's how it works for me.
Which is the missing ingredient that disqualifies them from being a relationship material then? Because comfort and respect is quite a bit (and I assume the attraction is enough) and you don't find it every day these days... Or did you just not care for a relationship at the time?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships