Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Can you have a healthy marriage without sex
Male -- No 54 30.34%
Male-- Yes 14 7.87%
Female -- No 76 42.70%
Female -- Yes 34 19.10%
Voters: 178. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2009, 09:16 PM

9,762 posts, read 3,414,669 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyandotkid View Post
what if you cant have sex but still love your wife.....?
Are you asking what if my partner couldn't physically have sex?
Well, we'd work something out.. and I'll leave it at that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2009, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyandotkid View Post
my wife and i are constatly fussing because she allways sides everthing with my son she treats me like the kid and she and my son double up on me even if they know i am right it is as she were married to him and i was the intruder ...can you explain this to me and i have been the soul supporter for her sence high school she has never had to be responcible for anything i have allways took care of all of it ...can you explain this to me...?
Maybe you should start a thread..

Old 02-21-2009, 09:20 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,452,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaGrrrl View Post
Maybe you should start a thread..
Yeah you should.

I'm also interested though....you're calling your son an "intruder"?

Old 02-21-2009, 11:23 PM

51 posts, read 128,903 times
I don't know what my marriage would be like without sex because it's not something I've thought about. To me sex with my husband is a raw, pure form of intimacy we share and I truly love when it happens. Without it I suppose I would feel that attraction and intimacy isn't there anymore and I think it would affect our marriage negatively. Sex is a moment in which nothing else really matters. We can put all our problems aside and not have a worry in the world during sex. I really don't know though. I suppose it depends on what someone defines as "healthy marriage." To me, its having the whole package. Even sex. Because sex is GREAT haha

Old 02-21-2009, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sndillon View Post
I don't know what my marriage would be like without sex because it's not something I've thought about. To me sex with my husband is a raw, pure form of intimacy we share and I truly love when it happens. Without it I suppose I would feel that attraction and intimacy isn't there anymore and I think it would affect our marriage negatively. Sex is a moment in which nothing else really matters. We can put all our problems aside and not have a worry in the world during sex. I really don't know though. I suppose it depends on what someone defines as "healthy marriage." To me, its having the whole package. Even sex. Because sex is GREAT haha
I think the pink color just made that even more enjoyable to read.. lol. Kudos!

Old 02-22-2009, 06:16 AM

4,112 posts, read 6,517,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaGrrrl View Post
I think the pink color just made that even more enjoyable to read.. lol. Kudos!
I second that emotion!

Old 02-22-2009, 10:53 AM

2,383 posts, read 6,056,542 times
I voted no. As I have stated in other posts, everyone needs to be touched, held, hugged, kissed, etc. I think that within a marriage there needs to be more than just sex, obviously, but sex should be a part of your marriage and should be a healthy passionate part of your marriage.

Old 02-23-2009, 09:12 AM

22,137 posts, read 19,198,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvcgal View Post
I voted no. As I have stated in other posts, everyone needs to be touched, held, hugged, kissed, etc. I think that within a marriage there needs to be more than just sex, obviously, but sex should be a part of your marriage and should be a healthy passionate part of your marriage.

being "touched, held, hugged, kissed" is not the same thing at all as "having sex"

A person can have wonderful nurturing healthy touch, without ever having sex. So a marriage can be healthy without the sex.

The problem is so many people see sex as the ONLY way to receive healthy touch, when in reality, there are lots of other ways, as the above post points out: holding, hugging, touching, cuddling, comforting, all of those

Old 02-23-2009, 09:24 AM

2,412 posts, read 5,082,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DFOR View Post
I am sure that most all men will agree. A few women may disagree, but I have no idea why. I wish my wife would realize this.

Poll added.
It is my belief that given great effort on my part, with patience and determination....I could learn to swallow whole coconuts and poop them out whole!

The question is...Why would I do that, or engage in a sexless marriage, or even think about it, liking sex as much as I do????"

They'll pry my heat lube, whipcream and eggbeaters from my cold dead hands!

Old 02-23-2009, 09:30 AM

72 posts, read 190,250 times
one of the good things about marriage is the option of sex
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships