U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 02-14-2010, 09:16 AM

5,891 posts, read 4,210,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm24x7 View Post
Im not a doctor but yes i have the ability to notice that ..and yes i have the ability to make people laugh .. isnt laughter a good medicine
It always works for me!!!

Old 02-14-2010, 11:08 AM

27,367 posts, read 21,043,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
That still doesn't mean they would make a good relationship partner though which is why I just don't get the fantasy about doctors. A doctor is like any other guy some are good people some are bad people some will have a personality you will like others do not.

Same as why women swoon over firefighters, 'men in uniform,' etc...someone who can save you.

Old 02-14-2010, 11:46 AM
Status: "Hoping for a sunny 3 day weekend" (set 29 days ago)

1,523 posts, read 1,349,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Same as why women swoon over firefighters, 'men in uniform,' etc...someone who can save you.
Yeah ok that's a nice bedtime story for little girls but this is reality. That uniform isn't going to make you happy if the guy is physically or mentally abusing you, or cheating on you.

Old 02-14-2010, 12:06 PM

7 posts, read 8,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
OMG! I could not imagine having a relationship with a OBGYN doctor.
I don`t care how good looking they were. I mean, what they do for a living? Crap!
I don't care how they try and explain it, but any MAN who goes into being OBGYN is doing so to enjoy the view. Period! Sorry, but there is just no other viable way to justify this. There are plenty of compitent female OBGYN's why would a woman go to male?

Old 02-14-2010, 12:57 PM

27,367 posts, read 21,043,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
Yeah ok that's a nice bedtime story for little girls but this is reality. That uniform isn't going to make you happy if the guy is physically or mentally abusing you, or cheating on you.
Well, no duh. But that is where the initial fantasy/attraction comes from. It's like anything where someone thinks they want something before they really understand what it is.

Old 02-14-2010, 03:37 PM

3,794 posts, read 4,290,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northcarolinadude View Post
I don't care how they try and explain it, but any MAN who goes into being OBGYN is doing so to enjoy the view. Period! Sorry, but there is just no other viable way to justify this. There are plenty of compitent female OBGYN's why would a woman go to male?
I dont know. Delivering babies is kinda fun, and it is one of the few fields in medicine where people see you for a happy occasion. I remember from medical school thinking that for every "nice view" there are 10 nasty ones, with yeast infections, and other microbes that cause all kinds of foul smells. It's not all it is cracked up to be. Plus, by the end of the first year or so, you have seen so many that it just doesn't matter any more.

Old 02-14-2010, 04:01 PM
Status: "Hoping for a sunny 3 day weekend" (set 29 days ago)

1,523 posts, read 1,349,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northcarolinadude View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
I dont know. Delivering babies is kinda fun, and it is one of the few fields in medicine where people see you for a happy occasion. I remember from medical school thinking that for every "nice view" there are 10 nasty ones, with yeast infections, and other microbes that cause all kinds of foul smells. It's not all it is cracked up to be. Plus, by the end of the first year or so, you have seen so many that it just doesn't matter any more.
I'll to have agree with NCdude I always figured male obgyn's are just huge perverts deep down inside if I was married I really wouldn't like it if my wife went to a male one. On the other hand I imagine it would be really rewarding to deliver babies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Well, no duh. But that is where the initial fantasy/attraction comes from. It's like anything where someone thinks they want something before they really understand what it is.
Well I think we agree then actually. I just consider the whole thing as someone being illogical.

Old 02-15-2010, 12:05 AM

1,523 posts, read 1,866,780 times
Money and what is perceived as "elevated prestige" in society.

Old 02-15-2010, 10:01 AM

7,287 posts, read 7,757,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
Good partners for who? A good partner for one person is a bad partner for another, and vice versa. I have a wonderful marriage, in spite of what you consider to be a character flaw, and more friends than I can sometimes even handle. I'm happy to have my "character flaw", and I have no plans to change. I think it is strange that you find my attitude "disturbing". You are a complete stranger. We have never met and probably never will. From the little I have seen of you online, I dont think I like you very much either, but I certainly couldn't care enough to be "disturbed" by a complete stranger's words on the computer screen. I think you should relax, and not let things bother you so much. Life is short, and stress is bad for your health.
I think you need to follow your own advice. You tell me I should relax and not be bothered, but it seems like you're the one who needs to relax. That's great that you have a wonderful marriage and lots of friends. The fact that you have people in your life willing to tolerate your "I'm always right" attitude says quite a lot about them. You're lucky to find people willing to put up with that because a lot of us wouldn't. Confidence is very attractive, but so is humility. I and many others would never want a partner who has difficulty turning off the "I'm always right" part of their brain. And if you can't see why some of us would find such an attitude disturbing, then I actually feel sorry for you.

Old 02-15-2010, 10:03 AM

65 posts, read 131,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm24x7 View Post
My dad is a doctor and mum regrets being married to him ..

This is exactly the point I was trying to make earlier. I think alot of people have a misconception on here about what it is like being a physician today.

Coming out of medical/graduate school these days means alot of debt!! Sometimes over 200K. Yes the medical profession gives you a good salary, but you have to remeber that residency programs do not pay very well, and at the least can last 4 more years.

The vast majority of docs are not like the people you see on tv. Yes women may swoon over docs on tv, but those are exceptionally beautiful people. Try working 70 to 80 hours a week, and see what type of an effect that has on your love life!

Medicine is a real cluster F--ck It sucks the life out of you, and you have no time to even think about dating alot. Just being honest. There is some prestige to the whole affair, but at the end of the day it is just a job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships