Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2010, 05:47 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,641,967 times

Advertisements

Does this question really need to be asked? This is like asking: why do the Irish like alcohol. I'm Irish. I don't like alcohol.

Sure, there are exceptions to every rule, but still... the Irish and alcohol go together like well, women and doctors.

Old 09-05-2010, 05:55 AM

3,430 posts, read 4,335,648 times
I like that people who are dr's are usually very intelligent, make good money and if you have young kids that are sick your Dr. husband can have a look at them and know whether its something serious or something that needs to be brought to a pediatrician's attention. Those are my reasons. Its also very prestigious.

Old 09-05-2010, 06:19 AM

3,688 posts, read 5,012,788 times
I've noticed that the majority of these threads, whether of the women are shallow or the men are pigs variety, are generally bitter and short-sighted.

I think the majority of such bitterness arises less from indignation (although a great deal of that is certainly present) and more from unrealistic expectations fostered in the mad attempt at political correctness which has gone on since the late 60's.

I mean seriously, does it take a genius to put two and two together when it comes to why women like doctors?

Doctors, even the lower "ranking" doctors who are in minor specialties or fields of expertise which are not considered especially difficult or profitable, are still educated and have proved they're at least capable of pursuing a career.

Rather than put them on a pedestal I'll admit not all of them are necessarily even intelligent -- but they're intelligent enough to have made it through the academic rigours of med school, even if they graduated at the bottom of their class.

They have jobs which pay handsomely.

Ergo, they have intelligence, stability and money. These are desirable traits and do NOT make women who pursue them automatic gold-diggers. That's a fallacious notion held by men who prefer to resent the good fortune of others rather than get out there and make something happen for themselves.

Where the nonsense comes from is the adamant public declaration for decades now that it's what's inside that REALLY matters. People, men and women alike, are geared naturally to seek elevated status, whether through trophy wives or husbands, whether economically, etc. It's the pretense that they're really otherwise that leads people to resent things so completely, so much more than if the situation was mere social competition.

If it was JUST social competition, people would "stick to their own" more and society would slowly become more stratified than it currently is. And sure, there are instances where people achieve some form of status only to discover it's not all it's cracked up to be; but the only people who really believe, for example, that money doesn't matter are the people who have absolutely NONE and are deluding themselves in order to feel better, or the people who have plenty of it and now want satisfaction in other areas of their Hierarchy of Needs.

Old 09-06-2010, 11:10 AM

7,507 posts, read 4,398,602 times
I have a friend who's becoming a doctor-working on his degree. He's intelligent, cute, and very nice. Quite humble, actually. He's such a gentlemen. Whenever I have issue (like painful wrist) he's the first person that comes to my mind, haha. He's also respected among his peers so perhaps. I am so glad he's my friend and brother.

If I could date him, I would but I wouldn't and couldn't. Not because he's going to be a doctor, but as a friend, I talked to him about his intention of becoming a doctor. I thought it was very humble to know that he wants to be a overseas doctor, perhaps work in Africa or something like that. Money has nothing to do with him wanting to be a doctor. Idk. It was his character and personality that is appealing, not his career or looks.

Last edited by ho hey!; 09-06-2010 at 11:19 AM..

Old 09-06-2010, 11:27 AM

3,485 posts, read 7,309,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhe1982 View Post
I am a woman, and I don't like doctors.
So I want to hear the reasons.
Why don't you like doctors? Just curious

Some can be extreme butts (especially after they get jaded from their malignant years of training). But so can anyone else. There are also too many different types of doctors for me to generalize.

Old 09-06-2010, 11:32 AM

5,722 posts, read 5,798,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miyu View Post
Why don't you like doctors? Just curious

Some can be extreme butts. But so can anyone else. There are also too many different types of doctors for me to generalize.
That works both ways though if it's silly to say "You don't like doctors" then it's just as silly to say "You do like doctors". Either way, you're generalizing and saying you do or don't like someone you don't even know. As you said, some can be extreme butts and some aren't, just like every other person in the world. It's like saying you don't like or like someone just because their hair is dark brown.

Old 09-06-2010, 11:33 AM

8,679 posts, read 15,266,919 times
Quote:
They know where all the good nerve endings are.

Old 09-06-2010, 01:09 PM

5,185 posts, read 7,566,031 times
Quote:
This cant be a serious question...women like doctors cause doctors have money. end of thread

Old 09-06-2010, 01:12 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,405,055 times
same reason monica got in the limo with clinton, power and authority are sexy.

Old 09-06-2010, 01:13 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,690,230 times
Quote:
Lawyers make comparable money to doctors. Why not lawyers.
And Traders makes tons of money, a few traders that I know are super handsome.
Because nobody likes lawyers and traders (I assume you mean Wall Street traders) are greedy bastards
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships