U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 02-14-2009, 09:18 PM
 
149 posts, read 575,270 times
Reputation: 129

Advertisements

I am a woman, and I don't like doctors.
So I want to hear the reasons.

 
Old 02-14-2009, 09:21 PM
 
Location: Incognito
6,994 posts, read 14,085,156 times
Reputation: 5327
Money, money, money, money. Money!
 
Old 02-14-2009, 09:23 PM
 
149 posts, read 575,270 times
Reputation: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Cat View Post
Money, money, money, money. Money!
Lawyers make comparable money to doctors. Why not lawyers.
And Traders makes tons of money, a few traders that I know are super handsome.
 
Old 02-14-2009, 09:34 PM
 
Location: Tucson
42,841 posts, read 59,067,229 times
Reputation: 22814
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhe1982 View Post
Lawyers make comparable money to doctors. Why not lawyers.
And Traders makes tons of money, a few traders that I know are super handsome.
Well, I haven't heard about any of them lacking female interest. I can't imagine fighting a lawyer in a divorce being fun, though...
 
Old 02-14-2009, 10:27 PM
 
Location: middle of everywhere
1,640 posts, read 2,746,924 times
Reputation: 1118
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhe1982 View Post
Lawyers make comparable money to doctors. Why not lawyers.
And Traders makes tons of money, a few traders that I know are super handsome.
It is a status thing. Being a doctor's wife is a title some women could get very used to. Some people think bad things when they hear the word 'lawyer'.

I'm sure there are no shortage of people who don't know what a trader is. So no big deal there.

Everyone knows what a doctor is and what they do...they save lives (even if that isn't their specialty), make good money, and are very respected. Kind of like an everyday hero.
 
Old 02-14-2009, 10:28 PM
 
Location: Land of 10000 Lakes +
5,555 posts, read 4,488,876 times
Reputation: 8527
I had a crush many years ago on two of my Obs-Gyn doctors. Good looking!
 
Old 02-14-2009, 10:35 PM
 
Location: In a delirium
2,588 posts, read 3,922,869 times
Reputation: 1331
I'm married to a doctor - a PhD. Oh, how I love intelligent men.

Aylalou, I could not see an OB-GYN on whom I had a crush. Weird. I always go to women OB-GYNs. But, I did have a crush on the doctor I saw when I broke my foot. I thought about breaking my other foot. So nice, so cute, so smart - so unlike most of the other doctors I had met. In fact, so unlike most men I had met. But, it all worked out in the end.

Anyway, I think it's about money and status.
 
Old 02-14-2009, 10:56 PM
 
Location: Texas
1,848 posts, read 3,277,542 times
Reputation: 1154
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhe1982 View Post
I am a woman, and I don't like doctors.
So I want to hear the reasons.

What? Are you talking about the "stats" that more women regularly visit the doctor compared to men?

Are you referring to relationships and dating?


If so, are you referring to MDs or those with a PhD in their chosen field?

 
Old 02-14-2009, 10:58 PM
 
Location: Tennessee
15,784 posts, read 16,066,969 times
Reputation: 22843
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aylalou View Post
I had a crush many years ago on two of my Obs-Gyn doctors. Good looking!
OMG! I could not imagine having a relationship with a OBGYN doctor.
I don`t care how good looking they were. I mean, what they do for a living? Crap!
 
Old 02-14-2009, 10:59 PM
 
Location: Lost in Montana *recalculating*...
5,967 posts, read 8,741,762 times
Reputation: 5736
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtee View Post
I'm married to a doctor - a PhD. Oh, how I love intelligent men.

Aylalou, I could not see an OB-GYN on whom I had a crush. Weird. I always go to women OB-GYNs. But, I did have a crush on the doctor I saw when I broke my foot. I thought about breaking my other foot. So nice, so cute, so smart - so unlike most of the other doctors I had met. In fact, so unlike most men I had met. But, it all worked out in the end.

Anyway, I think it's about money and status.
If it worked out in the end that means you married a proctologist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $94,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2015, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top