U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2009, 09:48 AM
Gue

24,120 posts, read 5,644,081 times
I have a brother in law who is like this.

How would you like to sit at Thanksgiving dinner while he brags about being a 45 minute man.

You should have seen my mothers face!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2009, 09:48 AM

8,257 posts, read 10,940,861 times
When I hear a man bragging about his sexual exploits, whether with wife or gf, I tend to doubt what he is saying and I feel sorry for her. Guys like this usually have other traits that i find repulsive too so I tend to not hang around them. I just dont see how you can talk about your wife and then say that you "love her so much."

Old 02-18-2009, 09:50 AM

49,094 posts, read 45,442,802 times
sex has always played a huge role in my life. when married, despite whatever shortcoming she may have had, my ex was fantastic about her marital duties. she would insist upon having sex with me every year whether i needed it or not. i would so relish and enjoy every minute of it, all 3 of them.

Last edited by Huckleberry3911948; 02-18-2009 at 10:08 AM..

Old 02-18-2009, 09:56 AM

832 posts, read 1,009,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
lucky enough to get my bobo honked
My "bobo honked"? That's a new one.

Old 02-18-2009, 09:58 AM

2,413 posts, read 4,520,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
What about youze guys?
I certainly would NEVER brag, etc. with work colleagues or friends about sex with my wife/S.O.

I have, however, talked about my sex life with a few close friends in the very strictest of confidence. This was not done as a means of braggadocio; rather, it has been in order to seek counsel and support by way of sharing experiences, feelings, etc.

Old 02-18-2009, 09:58 AM

832 posts, read 1,009,665 times
In high school, we called this "locker room talk". And most of us knew that whoever talked the most, was doing the least.

Old 02-18-2009, 10:02 AM

7,490 posts, read 8,145,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
I didn't find out until much later that my ex would go to work and thump his chest about our sex life (many of his friends worked with him). I'm far from being a prude, but I wasn't happy with it and told him as much. He said it was just guy talk and his way of "marking his territory" (he insisted a couple of his friends were hitting on me - they weren't). I told him if he was concerned to the point of marking his territory, then he made a huge mistake. They are ultimately men, and all he has done is arouse their curiosity. And as a personal matter, I'm not his fire hydrant.
I don't blame you for reacting the way you did. Any guy who dismisses this as just guy talk is no man at all. Real men don't feel the need to brag about their sex lives. It shows a great deal of insecurity to be bragging about your sex life, as if you're looking to impress others or make them envy you. This is no different than the guy who wears expensive clothes or drives a pricey car to let you know that he makes a lot of money. As a guy, I rarely discuss my sex life and I definitely don't go into details. It just feels so high schoolish. This is the real world, not a locker room.

Old 02-18-2009, 10:04 AM

6,987 posts, read 12,629,315 times
I have a friend who was very descriptive whenever he'd hook up with someone. I used to love/hate listening to his escapades. My sex life stays in the bedroom.

Old 02-18-2009, 10:07 AM

1,036 posts, read 1,821,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by professorsenator View Post
I certainly would NEVER brag, etc. with work colleagues or friends about sex with my wife/S.O.

I have, however, talked about my sex life with a few close friends in the very strictest of confidence. This was not done as a means of braggadocio; rather, it has been in order to seek counsel and support by way of sharing experiences, feelings, etc.
This is a good post, and an important distinction.

Old 02-18-2009, 10:11 AM

6,709 posts, read 8,625,725 times
In real life, I'm probably secretive to a fault. It's just not something I'll discuss, and frankly, I've known very few guys who do. (I say "to a fault" because a close friend of mine once asked me a few questions about my sex life and I blew it off. A few weeks later he and his wife divorced, so I know he really needed to talk.)

Many women I've known, including my late wife, have been just the opposite. Once, after my parents had been visiting us for a couple days, my wife says, "Your mom and I were talking about our sex lives...." I'm like, "WHAT?!!" You talked about OUR sex life with MY MOM??!! Oh geeze.... Okay, tell me what she had to say."

But I'm not quite so secretive online. You'd have to dig to figure out who I am in real life, and if it means that much to you, go for it. I try to be open and honest online because I hope it helps someone understand themselves/their own relationships better -- probably still trying to make up for the time my friend asked for help and I laughed it off. I still feel guilty about that 20 years later.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships