U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 05-18-2009, 08:21 PM

1,448 posts, read 1,939,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
no kidding i once pretended to be a guy in a chat room , and holy crap women swarmed to me, ewwwwwww one was even my friend, i imed her and told her who i was. she felt sooo dumb. i had to laugh!
So Raena...why would you pretend to be a guy?? Then make fun of someone who you are calling dumb because she believed you? And making her feel dumb made you feel....what? Apparently good because you were laughing about it. I think what you did sucks...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2009, 11:15 PM

11,001 posts, read 6,830,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
no kidding i once pretended to be a guy in a chat room , and holy crap women swarmed to me, ewwwwwww one was even my friend, i imed her and told her who i was. she felt sooo dumb. i had to laugh!
LOL. One time I went into a chatroom and pretended to be a guy so as to not get hit on by the guys there who were preety annoying that night, then this girl pmed me asking to have role-play sex with her. I got out of there so fast, she must of wondered if I had ever existed.

Old 05-18-2009, 11:18 PM

48,901 posts, read 45,102,811 times
yes but to say so would humiliate me.

Old 05-18-2009, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onegreatnurse View Post
So Raena...why would you pretend to be a guy?? Then make fun of someone who you are calling dumb because she believed you? And making her feel dumb made you feel....what? Apparently good because you were laughing about it. I think what you did sucks...

Well I learned quickly . That was one too many times for me.

Old 05-19-2009, 02:08 AM

4,983 posts, read 5,043,973 times
How can anyone have a crush on someone they never met? Isn't this just words on a page? I mean, how can you know someone from just posting on a forum?

Old 05-19-2009, 02:34 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,323,274 times
I'm terrible with this , I start to think some guy is really nice and focusing his attention on me and then I go through conversations they have with any other girl in the forum and they're saying the same nice things to them. I've learned not to take anyone seriously, it took me a while though. Too naive for my own good sometimes.

Old 05-19-2009, 02:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Ice View Post
I'm terrible with this , I start to think some guy is really nice and focusing his attention on me and then I go through conversations they have with any other girl in the forum and they're saying the same nice things to them. I've learned not to take anyone seriously, it took me a while though. Too naive for my own good sometimes.

You know, they do that on dating sites and in real life too.

"Oh, man, you're special!"

"I really like YOU. I think I want to spend more time with YOU"

"You have really great eyes."

Old 05-19-2009, 02:42 AM

The ones who want to "add you to my favorites"...for what? Their website harem? If they really wanted to get to know someone, they would, but this is just that internet stuff of pretending.

Old 05-19-2009, 02:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebulous1 View Post
You know, they do that on dating sites and in real life too.

"Oh, man, you're special!"

"I really like YOU. I think I want to spend more time with YOU"

"You have really great eyes."
That is so true.

Old 05-19-2009, 02:55 AM

1,746 posts, read 1,500,747 times
I think it's pretty automatic and easy for us to think someone looks and is a certain way based on what he or she writes. It can be really easy to think someone is your ideal match because you both love kangaroos so much or because you both are really creative with adverbs. It's good for you to see how these people write to others, so if telling everybody else they're fabulous, you know you have to come back down to reality!

This is not You've Got Mail, but that would be nice!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships