Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2007, 08:33 AM

282 posts, read 1,264,247 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vpcats View Post
I had a heart to heart consultation with my salt water fish last night.
Is your fish going to demand marriage before he lets you share his oxygenator?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2007, 08:42 AM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,160,105 times
I will definitely have my attorney present the pre-nup to the fish attorney first. I know there will be no compromises on the rock. The oxygenator.... well, we'll see who can hold out most! :-))

Old 03-20-2007, 08:54 AM

265 posts, read 1,548,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vpcats View Post
I will definitely have my attorney present the pre-nup to the fish attorney first. I know there will be no compromises on the rock. The oxygenator.... well, we'll see who can hold out most! :-))
Well, depending on whether your state has Community Property laws, you might end up getting both... but you might have to satisfy a residency requirement. How long can you hold your breath underwater?

Old 03-20-2007, 09:43 AM

2,976 posts, read 13,374,223 times
vasinger - going back to one of your earlier remarks that it's a sin to live together and that it's adultry. It's only "adultry" if its with someone elses' spouse and they are still married. And who determines what is and isn't sin? If people are happy and wanted to live together then all the more power to them.

What IS IMPORTANT is that we don't do harm to one another and that we respect one another and each others beliefs. What you might want to do in your life is to travel and see a little of the world before holding so steadfast to a belief system that might not be so "black and white." (not talking about race here).

Old 03-20-2007, 09:47 AM

2,815 posts, read 12,986,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vasinger View Post
I think its wrong. I think people should be married if they are living together. Its a form of adultry.

I think that if two people are living together outside of marriage, all sorts of problem could arise. I'm not judging people who do, but I think its a big mistake.

Discuss.
It's not a form of adultery. They're not married.

Old 03-20-2007, 10:02 AM

265 posts, read 1,548,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhlcomp View Post
What IS IMPORTANT is that we don't do harm to one another and that we respect one another and each others beliefs. What you might want to do in your life is to travel and see a little of the world before holding so steadfast to a belief system that might not be so "black and white." (not talking about race here).
"What IS IMPORTANT is that we don't do harm to one another and that we respect one another and each others beliefs."

Truer words were never spoken.

I wholeheartedly agree that both vasinger and NAH seem to be suffering from a degree of Ivory-Tower Syndrome. It's easy to wrap oneself in a belief system if those beliefs are never allowed to be challenged by life's realities. Adult life is "shades of gray" most of the time. Not all... but most.

One of my alltime favorite songs is "I'm An Adult Now" by a group called The Pursuit of Happiness during the 1980s. Great reality-check!

"Well I don't hate my parents
I don't get drunk just to spite them
I've got my own reasons to drink now
Think I'll call my dad up and invite him

I can sleep in till noon anytime I want
Though there's not many days that I do
Gotta get up and take on that world
When you're an adult, it's no cliche it's the truth

(Chorus)
'Cause I'm an adult now
I'm an adult now
I've got the problems of an adult
On my head and on my shoulders
I'm an adult now

I can't even look at young girls anymore
People will think I'm some kind of pervert
Adult sex is either boring or dirty
Young people they can get away with murder!

I don't write songs about girls anymore
I have to write songs about women
No more boy meets girl/boy loses girl
More like, man tries to figure out what the hell went wrong...

(Chorus)

I can't take any more illicit drugs
I can't afford any artificial joy
I'd sure look like a fool dead in a ditch somewhere
With a mind full of chemicals like some cheese-eating high school boy

Sometimes my head hurts and sometimes my stomach hurts
And I guess it won't be long
Till I'm sitting in a room with a bunch
of people whose necks and backs are aching
Whose sight and hearing's failing
And who just can't seem to get it up

Speaking of hearing, I can't take too much loud music
I mean I like to play it, but I sure don't like the racket
Noise, but I can't hear anything
Just guitars screaming, screaming, screaming
Some guy screaming in a leather jacket...aaargh!

(Chorus)"

Last edited by OvertaxedOnLI; 03-20-2007 at 10:14 AM..

Old 03-20-2007, 12:27 PM

364 posts, read 527,258 times
Quote:
But they're not joined in marriage in the eyes of God.

Thats a sin.
I was raised a Catholic. Attended Catholic school until 8th grade. My entire family is Catholic. But anyone who knows the religion and how strict they are in school knows they think by the end of the day you have sined somehow. I can remember being in church and hearing the Deacon yell at us we should throw out all our CD's. Even to him that was a sin.

For me... I live in 2007. I like to enjoy myself to a certain extent. I listen to Cd's, I have sex (not married yet) and am pro birth control pills. I have met many Catholics with may too many kids. This country already has 300 million people and growing. And some enjoy sex. Therefore I am for birth control.

I believe in God and believe he loves me. I try to treat people and animals well everyday. I try to do the right thing for myself and others around me. So, I believe I will go to heaven and am OK with doing a things I enjoy that do not hurt others. It is all up to every individual for what is best for them. I almost feel it is a "sin" or wrong to judge others without being in there shoes. I try not to do that. You can take two individuals with the same situation but because they are two different people, it will never be the same.

Old 03-20-2007, 12:54 PM

3,632 posts, read 16,167,194 times
Quote:
But they're not joined in marriage in the eyes of God.

Thats a sin.
Wow, that's a judgement!

I don't think it's any of your business and to tell someone that it's a sin is wrong. From what I hear from real christians is that God does not judge and would be accepting and loving to anyone, no matter what. Then I hear that some say things like this.

Personally, you could never make me believe that living together or having sex before marriage is a sin. I don't believe in all that. I don't believe in God, and I believe that the bible was made up. I don't think something that can't even be proven will dictate how I live my life. I know I go against what MOST people believe in this world, but hey, at least I am thinking for myself and not what a book tells me to think. By the way, this is just MY opinion and my belief, just as you all have your right to say what you believe in.

Last edited by sablebaby; 03-20-2007 at 01:04 PM..

Old 03-20-2007, 12:58 PM

3,632 posts, read 16,167,194 times
Quote:
I'm sorry if I offended anyone. It's just my little 'ol opinion.
Well, your opinion is actually coming out as judging others. I think you have a LOT of living to do. I think you are very sheltered and havn't really lived life yet. You are going with what you think you believe, without actually going out and experiencing life (kinda like NAH).

Old 03-20-2007, 01:24 PM

364 posts, read 527,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sablebaby View Post
Well, your opinion is actually coming out as judging others. I think you have a LOT of living to do. I think you are very sheltered and havn't really lived life yet. You are going with what you think you believe, without actually going out and experiencing life (kinda like NAH).
You said that well! Every post wether it is on sex, beautiful women and where they live, it sounds like there is only one way- his way. He responded to me on a post saying "You started it". He also PM me a picture of his mother and said beautiful women are in the south- they are plain up North. I told him I did not care to discuss with him and we could agree to disagree and that he must understand everyone has different opinions. He said most everyone agrees with him then told me I need to "grow up" and that I must not ever have been to Richmond, VA (he thinks is the center of the universe). He sought me out to tell me that. LOL. Thanks, I will try and get around to it.

Maybe someday he will leave Richmond, have sex and understand we all have different opinions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships