Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2009, 08:31 AM

838 posts, read 1,876,420 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoremrnice View Post
older woman goes out to kareoke. Meets man who man who hit's on her. They have casual chat. What is so interesting about this mundane every day occurance? other than to let everyone know she got hit on ???
If you're so bored by this, why are you here?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2009, 11:52 AM

960 posts, read 1,162,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connecticut Pam View Post
Nice guys will wait and want to get to know you a little bit better before there is any kind of physical stuff happening. There are lots of nice guys out there who will wait for you and want to find out who you are first before they venture any further.
Nice guys finish last--very true. The OPer is obviously interested in this guy--in part because he's a player. She's not writing about the nice guys because they bore her & she shoos them off. She wants a LTR or better with a player, but that doesn't work out so well does it? When womens' biological clocks tick louder, only then do the nice guys become interesting, too bad for those guys.

Old 02-28-2009, 02:34 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,429,067 times
The OPer is obviously interested in this guy--in part because he's a player. She's not writing about the nice guys because they bore her & she shoos them off. She wants a LTR or better with a player, but that doesn't work out so well does it? When womens' biological clocks tick louder, only then do the nice guys become interesting, too bad for those guys.

The story of my life. Why is it that the bad boys are so attractive to young women? Too bad we cant look down the road and see how most attractive bad boys just grow into dirty old men.

Old 02-28-2009, 03:16 PM

3,467 posts, read 8,143,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
I think he's an @ssh@le and I'd have left him in my dust.
Agreed.

He told you what he wants, and you don't want that. So why waste either of your time? He's not going to magically change just because you are so awesome. His motives are the same, and you're kidding yourself if you think he wants more than just sex.

Old 02-28-2009, 06:15 PM

318 posts, read 820,686 times
If you're not supplying it then he's going to get it somewhere else in a very similar fashion.

Old 02-28-2009, 06:26 PM

52,249 posts, read 52,668,250 times
He just wanted to "Hit it and quit it".

Don't bother.

While I don't think someone needs to wait to get married, at least wait a few dates, to try and go some idear or this "man".

Old 02-28-2009, 07:06 PM

9,618 posts, read 27,339,773 times
Thanks, amerifree. I agree with you. But I might not wait until marriage, but I will definitely make him wait until we have a real relationship.

..And make sure he's willing to relocate to Arkansas.

Old 02-28-2009, 09:20 PM

960 posts, read 1,162,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
Why is it that the bad boys are so attractive to young women? Too bad we cant look down the road and see how most attractive bad boys just grow into dirty old men.
If I was a young woman I'd be checking out the hiking and bicycling clubs & other leisure sports clubs. Those would be filled with virile active males. Of course the woman should be able to keep up! Can you imagine how many dates she could get, with the competition busy at the mall? A friend of mine found a high-quality husband that way (although in her case she was there because she actually enjoys hiking).

Old 02-28-2009, 09:51 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,943,694 times
Sister friend let me tell you some powerful advice.

First of all, I feel for you, because you are a strong woman out there on your own and partying and doing your best. Good job.

The next you must realize that a lot of men will wait or pretend to "work" for the sex or they will "pretend date". How do I know, because guys have openly discussed that with me.

Good luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by CESpeed View Post
Last night I went to karaoke and I met this really cute guy (there goes the last resolution). We were talking and he said to me "You mean I have a shot?" and I told him well yeah I'm sitting here, aren't I? Then he says oh wow I didn't think I was gonna get any tonight. I immediately corrected him and told him that I was telling him he had a shot to date me. If he wanted anything more, he had to wait until I knew him better.
He said he was okay with that, so I said," Besides, a male friend told me that guys appreciate it more when they have to work for it." He looked at me and said, "Your friend is absolutely right." And then proceeded to try to change my mind about sleeping with that night! When I reminded him that he agreed he'd appreciate it more if he had to work for it, he said, "I shot myself in the foot, huh?"

Outside of the fact I wouldn't have done it anyway (I just met him), I think it's funny that even if I were so inclined, he think he would have gotten it after making that comment. lol

I think we had a similar thread, but comments anyway?

Old 03-01-2009, 06:35 PM

5,612 posts, read 15,114,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heiwos View Post
Nice guys finish last--very true. The OPer is obviously interested in this guy--in part because he's a player. She's not writing about the nice guys because they bore her & she shoos them off. She wants a LTR or better with a player, but that doesn't work out so well does it? When womens' biological clocks tick louder, only then do the nice guys become interesting, too bad for those guys.
And you know this HOW??? Do you follow me around and see me shoo off nice guys? I live in LA, players are a dime a dozen, if I wanted a player, I could have one without effort. But I have to put forth effort because finding a guy whose priority isn't his penis is a challenge.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships