U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2009, 08:21 PM

5,612 posts, read 9,456,769 times
Default Was he for REAL????

Last night I went to karaoke and I met this really cute guy (there goes the last resolution). We were talking and he said to me "You mean I have a shot?" and I told him well yeah I'm sitting here, aren't I? Then he says oh wow I didn't think I was gonna get any tonight. I immediately corrected him and told him that I was telling him he had a shot to date me. If he wanted anything more, he had to wait until I knew him better.
He said he was okay with that, so I said," Besides, a male friend told me that guys appreciate it more when they have to work for it." He looked at me and said, "Your friend is absolutely right." And then proceeded to try to change my mind about sleeping with that night! When I reminded him that he agreed he'd appreciate it more if he had to work for it, he said, "I shot myself in the foot, huh?"

Outside of the fact I wouldn't have done it anyway (I just met him), I think it's funny that even if I were so inclined, he think he would have gotten it after making that comment. lol

I think we had a similar thread, but comments anyway?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2009, 08:58 PM

1,777 posts, read 2,046,885 times
I think the conversation went that way because it has worked in the past and will work in the future with some other woman.

Based on this interaction alone, it sounds like he is simply not interested in dating.

Old 02-25-2009, 09:01 PM

8,038 posts, read 8,930,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easternerDC View Post
I think the conversation went that way because it has worked in the past and will work in the future with some other woman.

Based on this interaction alone, it sounds like he is simply not interested in dating.
I agree. I really wouldn't bother him to wait for you, when he may very well be getting it elsewhere.

Old 02-25-2009, 09:05 PM

1,241 posts, read 1,671,967 times
Ever see a dog trying to get something he wants? And besides...women have been known to change their minds. Whats the worst that can happen? You'll say no again and again? In some cases persistence pays off.

Old 02-25-2009, 09:49 PM
miu

12,992 posts, read 21,810,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sueprnova View Post
Ever see a dog trying to get something he wants? And besides...women have been known to change their minds. Whats the worst that can happen? You'll say no again and again? In some cases persistence pays off.
True. It's the old "if you don't ask, you don't get" thing...

So are you going to go out with him? Did you exchange contact info?

Old 02-25-2009, 09:52 PM
miu

12,992 posts, read 21,810,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easternerDC View Post

^^ I also agree with this post. But if you liked him and think he has potential, see if he'll do a couple of lunch dates. Avoid evening activities with him in the beginning.

Old 02-25-2009, 09:56 PM

17,838 posts, read 16,902,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CESpeed View Post
but comments anyway?
I think he's an @ssh@le and I'd have left him in my dust.

Old 02-25-2009, 10:05 PM

24,801 posts, read 26,220,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CESpeed View Post
Last night I went to karaoke and I met this really cute guy (there goes the last resolution). We were talking and he said to me "You mean I have a shot?" and I told him well yeah I'm sitting here, aren't I? Then he says oh wow I didn't think I was gonna get any tonight. I immediately corrected him and told him that I was telling him he had a shot to date me. If he wanted anything more, he had to wait until I knew him better.
He said he was okay with that, so I said," Besides, a male friend told me that guys appreciate it more when they have to work for it." He looked at me and said, "Your friend is absolutely right." And then proceeded to try to change my mind about sleeping with that night! When I reminded him that he agreed he'd appreciate it more if he had to work for it, he said, "I shot myself in the foot, huh?"

Outside of the fact I wouldn't have done it anyway (I just met him), I think it's funny that even if I were so inclined, he think he would have gotten it after making that comment. lol

I think we had a similar thread, but comments anyway?
As Bugs Bunny said once, "What a maroon." Not you, of course. Him.

Old 02-26-2009, 09:51 AM

5,612 posts, read 9,456,769 times
I gave him my phone number. And he knows I go to karaoke every Tuesday. He said he'd show up, so we'll see. But the cookie is staying in the jar. He wants it too much to get it anytime soon.

Old 02-26-2009, 10:47 AM

1,254 posts, read 986,610 times
Keep him swinging in the breeze until he marries you...that will show his intentions are honorable.
Anything less is a lack of respect for you....but you have to respect yourself first.

Same applies for living together....win-win for the man, lose-lose for the woman.

I'm a 47 yr old guy..with lots of experience. Just being straight with you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships