U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2009, 05:00 PM

25,284 posts, read 27,439,207 times

Advertisements

Here's what I have always found attractive:

1) Sense of humor.
2) A sense of warmth and generosity.
3) The ability to roll with the punches.
4) Curiosity.
5) The ability to try just about anything, from the symphony to a football game.
6) Someone who is more interested in me than in her.
7) Someone who is more interested in the health of the relationship than me.
8) Intelligent eyes
9) Supple athletic thighs.
10) Firm, ample, and responsive tatas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2009, 05:11 PM

93 posts, read 228,342 times
Finally a question here I am an expert on

I do not have a physical type per say. It's what ever strikes my fancy at the time; could be red hair,a woman's dimple's, her smile, etc...but most importantly when a woman carries her self with self confidance...BUT she has to have a certain doubt about that confidance...you know what I mean? Cockiness is not cool.

Characteristics for me I like are sarcasm, humor, and a woman that kind find the upside in a bad situation.

Old 02-26-2009, 05:16 PM

2,984 posts, read 3,697,664 times
A woman's sweet smile and caring words wins the day for me. Also being smart and down to earth. Since woman come in all shapes and sizes only their personality would be able to win my heart.

What personalities do I hate? The "it's all about me" attitude. I'm to sexy for most men nonsense.

Old 02-26-2009, 05:19 PM

2,937 posts, read 5,213,389 times
First I like a girl with respect for herself. Not so attached and emotionally clingy but warm, theirself, express their love through actions not words. Someone u can talk to like a regular friend. I'm basicly describing a girl I've always loved.

Old 02-26-2009, 06:00 PM

4,900 posts, read 5,288,229 times
First of all, it's pretty pointless to ask men this question because men all look for different things...women generally always say "sensitive, funny, committed" but men are across the board and no two men are alike.

Me, I would think that I would want a woman who was romanticist, i.e., someone who dreams of different periods of history, can understand a fascination with folklore and mythology, can find beauty in something other than a new outfit, new car, or a puppy. The kind of personality that would make her understand why I like to go hiking in the Catskills while singing folk songs to the trees and someone who can understand why I keep photographs of Golden Age Graffiti in NYC and why I want to vacation in Scotland just to see the castles...in other words, a romanticist girl...

....granted, I will never find such a female in New Jersey, where the only things girls around here dream of is having yet another day at the guido beach and doing Jagger-bombs at night, but maybe when I move I'll have better luck.

And watch, the guys after me will say something completely different! Good news for Women: no matter who you are or what you are like, there's a guy looking for you and daydreaming of someone just like you!

Men?...if you're not funny and tall and good looking, forget it!

Old 02-26-2009, 07:42 PM

11,102 posts, read 8,202,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by serena nisha sattar View Post
What are most men attracted to for a personality of a woman? What did men like or dislike about woman's personalities from past experiences?
I absolutely love a mouthy woman that can keep up with me on insults and other banter(evil sense of humor is a must and one who can take a fart joke or practical joke without getting mad)....I love smart women who can throw a zinger at you and stop you dead in your tracks just when you think you've heard it all before..I love independent women who don't feel the need to make me the focus of their life and thereby smothering both of us......I'll tell you when I finally meet this dream woman..........

Old 02-26-2009, 07:57 PM

2,412 posts, read 4,666,429 times
I like openness, kindness, and a positive, upbeat demeanor. Gotta be at smart, too. And being level-headed and down to earth are major pluses.

I absolutely hate, loathe, and despise "bitchiness"/attitude. When dating I would have nothing to do with women who had a chip on their shoulder. I find nothing less appealing but it is, sadly, quite common. I find it bewildering that some guys were attracted to such women...thrill of the chase, I guess.

Old 02-27-2009, 09:51 AM

5,108 posts, read 7,748,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
I would want a woman who dreams of different periods of history, can understand a fascination with folklore and mythology, can find beauty in something other than a new outfit, car, or puppy. ...understand why I like to go hiking in the Catskills while singing folk songs to the trees and someone who can understand why I want to vacation in Scotland just to see the castles...

Good news for Women: no matter who you are or what you are like, there's a guy looking for you and daydreaming of someone just like you!
This is lovely, describes to a an absolute T (as in Truth) my kind of guy.
And I looooooove the "good news" part, thank you so much for a warm inspiring post that climbed out of the ethers today and whispered to me exactly what my heart needs to hear!

Old 02-27-2009, 10:02 AM

6,995 posts, read 13,061,622 times
I just patented the word "smartassness".

Old 02-27-2009, 01:28 PM

1,889 posts, read 2,860,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by serena nisha sattar View Post
What are most men attracted to for a personality of a woman? What did men like or dislike about woman's personalities from past experiences?
If we think a bit further into the future... and ask who would we want to be with you when you pass from this life... you may find the answer a bit different then what can be seen in the moment.

I have found that a woman who has the ability to "lovingly yield" herself to the needs of others, will truely make for a woman for all seasons.

I have found someone who chooses independence over dependence does not make a good life partner.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships