U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2009, 06:59 AM

13,999 posts, read 7,314,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
You might want to turn your humor switch back on....if you have one.
Ok hahaha. I reread your comment and it said "stalk other people." I didn't notice that part before. Good one!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2009, 08:15 AM

9,720 posts, read 7,330,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
Ok hahaha. I reread your comment and it said "stalk other people." I didn't notice that part before. Good one!

I was just trying to put a bit of levity into a bad situation....and stalkers truly can become a bad situation....as a former Police Officer I have witnessed this many times and as a brother to two sisters and a brother in law to several more women I have witnessed this many times including once in the last week where an ex brother in law has been FINALLY arrested and his bond set high enough to keep him in jail after 1 attack of my SIL and 1 domestic battery of his current GF..over 900 DOCUMENTED phone calls in less than a month to my SIL's phone...5 violations of an Order of Protection....several death threats towards my sister in law in front of other witnesses....one breaking and entering of my father in laws residence etc etc etc....he was arrested each time for these offenses and let go on a paltry bond,but NOW with all of these charges piled up the idiot is now facing SEVERAL years in prison.

You CANNOT count on the cops in these situations in most cases and it can be a very scary thing.My best suggestion to someone facing this is to

1) keep a cell phone in your hand constantly!!!!

2) KNOW YOUR STATE/LOCAL laws on use of force and concealed carry....if you have a Castle law or a no retreat law in your state that allows you to stand your ground in the face of a threat or when your life is in danger,make GOOD USE of that law and take care of the problem yourself if you feel certain that your life is in danger and he/she has entered your residence or in some states your property or vehicle.

It is a horrible way to have to live,but try to conduct whatever business you have in the daylight hours also...Just do not count on the law 100% to help you because that can be a fatal mistake in some cases.

I am not advocating violence against anyone else,BUT you need to be aware and come out the winner no matter what in these cases....The old saying "I would rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6" applies very well to these situations.
Castle Doctrine in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m...8/ai_n17192377

Old 02-27-2009, 03:41 PM

7,920 posts, read 8,485,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
Sorry, but there aren't enough FACTS to warrant harassing this man to the ends of the earth. If he violated the restraining order, then why didn't the police do anything about it?
HOW do you know they didn't do anything about it? Earlier you said he hadn't hurt anyone else. HOW do you know this? Read my next posting.

And what makes a fact a fact, by the way? Witnesses? Documentation? Convictions? The only thing she wants to make them aware of is the FACT that he had a restraining order, for the reasons she presented to the judge.

Quote:
When my boyfriend's dad violated the restraining order, his mom would report it to her lawyer and at one point, his dad was locked up in jail for 30 days just for making a phone call to her. What exactly was this man doing to harass this woman?
He has not done anything to harass her because he can't. PAY ATTENTION. This is not about him harassing her. It is about the risk of him causing harm to someone else.

Quote:
And why wasn't she able to document the harassment in a way that the legal system couldn't prosecute him? No witnesses? No photographs? She has to help the law enforcement system to help her.
Again, where did I say she didn't? How do you know she hasn't? I said, based on what she has posted, that she had witnesses who helped her secure a restraining order. I don't know if there are any photos or not, so how would you?

If, restraining orders are simply a case of he said-she said, why bother getting them? If she had not, someone with that same mentality would jump all over her for not doing so. She made the effort to involve the police and the law. The law is supposed to protect her, that is the whole point of getting an RO. He walked right through it. How much more does a person have to do to HELP the police do their job?

Quote:
Otherwise, all he is guilty of is being a guy that didn't break up with his ex well.
So was your ex, when he tried to murder you.

Quote:
It IS a case at this point of "he said she said", and the majority of the HOA isn't going to care.
How do you know that?

Quote:
Especially if this man doesn't look or act like your typical domestic abuse guest on the Jerry Springer show. The menfolk will all stick together, and the women could go either way.

Quote:
You are treated him as a sex offender that needs to be registered, but he's not one.
HOW do you know he's not?

I haven't treated him like anything. This was a thread asking about what others would do, based on the info I gave. This was never meant to be a victim bashing session or a debate on whether or not she was ever a victim at all.

Old 02-27-2009, 03:42 PM

47,993 posts, read 43,504,164 times
lots of stalkers dont wear pants. ever had stay away filed on you and then get stalked by your ex.
it happens more than you think.

Last edited by Huckleberry3911948; 02-27-2009 at 03:51 PM..

Old 02-27-2009, 03:50 PM

I IMed with the victim for a while last night. She gave me his name and I did a search myself. Funny, he has been arrested for petit theft, battery, disorderly conduct and trespassing, on top of being arrested for violating the order.

She also told me of all the things he did to her; most were done with no witnesses present and would have been difficult to prove. The man should be dangled by his nuts and tortured slowly and painfully. He is psycho.

IF any of what she told me is true (cuz she, or even I, could be lying ), I wouldn't want him in my neigborhood. That doesn't mean he can't live wherever he wants, or that the HOA job is a big deal or that it gives him unlimited access to families - he can do damage anywhere without that position as well. But if people knew, at least, about his record THEY could take the necessary precautions. Unfortunately, he is not a registered sex offender, but based on her claims, he IS a sex offender....the lack of a conviction wouldn't make it any less so or the people he is exposed to any safer. Yes, he'll just move somewhere else and be a threat there. I think the point is moreso that people should be aware when someone like this is in their neighborhood, and even heading the HOA, as insignificant as that might be.

That of course is just my opinion.

Old 02-27-2009, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
lots of stalkers dont wear pants. ever had stay away filed on you and then get stalked by your ex.
This is true, I didn't mean to imply that they were all men.

Old 02-27-2009, 04:56 PM

4,139 posts, read 6,815,033 times
Well there ya go- there's a public record. The larceny charge should raise eyebrows for someone who has access to the HOA account.

Old 02-27-2009, 07:17 PM

9,720 posts, read 7,330,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
You've got that right.

Old 02-27-2009, 08:05 PM

5,612 posts, read 9,125,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
How much power does any one person have? It's an HOA LOL! C'mon- you're bound to a set of by-laws. All he does is enforce the by-laws. The president can influence NOTHING else.
Anybody can do that, lol. If the members of the HOA don't like him, he gets voted out! Problem solved!
An HOA can do that? Make sure only decent people live there? Ensure safety What?!?!?!?!?!??!?! Now HOA's are responsible for public safety?
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Old 02-27-2009, 08:11 PM

5,612 posts, read 9,125,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
And a corporation is bound to its by-laws. It is usually very specific in what they can and can not do, and the scope of an HOA, a not-for-profit entity, is generally narrow in focus (ie- just the rules of a development).

Changes to by-laws cannot be performed unless voted upon.

It ain't that big of a responsibility, and it certainly ain't a position of authority as some would portray. Basically an overgrown Bobby Brady with a blue arm-band playing 'hall monitor'.
Says the person who apparently never lived in an HOA. I worked for an insurance company and I can tell you an HOA can make your life miserable. No one with stalker/abusive tendencies should be in that position.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships