U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 02-28-2009, 08:05 PM

8,032 posts, read 8,783,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
Had I not been as lucky to have had a fair judge who listened and had actualy been home instead of out of state working,it wouldn't have went so well for me and I stood to lose my gun card,my perfectly clean record and a host of other things over a jealous,spiteful woman's anger that had started the trouble and wanted a divorce in the first place...SHE made her own bed,not me.Total BS and thousands of innocent men are going through this same crap as we speak.
That sucks. Unfortunately, it happens. Women can be just as vindictive, no doubt.
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2009, 08:15 PM

71 posts, read 156,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
LMAO!! Your wife is the reason you're busting an ovary? Put on your big boy panties and get over it.

Who is harassing whom? And when did I claim to be harassed?

Isn't that what you have been doing throughout this entire thread? Spewing pus, trying to enrage everyone on here, accusing me of things you have no PROOF of? You're a hypocrite. You're bitter and angry over some psycho you married and now there's consipracy everywhere you turn.

You're raging over something that doesn't exist and I am not inclined to convince you. But when I think about it, what are you trying to accomplish? Your gripe is that I am actually talking about me; this is my story and no one else's. If that were the case, would I be telling the truth even then? He'd still be the victim anyway, wouldn't he?

If I was actually the one who changed my identity, went through all that I posted about this woman and came here for help not wanting to reveal that it was actually me, why would you have the depravity to try and expose me?

Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one. Sounds like you and your wife deserve each other.
why do you spend so much time worrying about other peoples problems? It's sad.

Old 02-28-2009, 08:17 PM

13,779 posts, read 16,445,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoremrnice View Post
why do you spend so much time worrying about other peoples problems? It's sad.
You are on here as well...

Old 02-28-2009, 08:53 PM

9,799 posts, read 7,572,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
That sucks. Unfortunately, it happens. Women can be just as vindictive, no doubt.
Yes I agree and then it is bad for women (and men) who need an order of protection quickly then because the BS ones also clog and slow the system down.Oh well defecation occurs and maybe I learned something out of it,if I could only remember what it was

Old 03-01-2009, 01:25 PM

15,342 posts, read 14,055,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
You are on here as well...
Yeah, really!

Old 03-01-2009, 05:32 PM

598 posts, read 1,331,614 times
I actually think this is tapping into a problem society can’t solve – what to do with crazy people who don’t actually cross the line of assault. The law is just not set up for those situations, and people are often left waiting for something to happen that they can charge the guy with (even if the guy has a criminal record!).

In short – there is no easy answer.

The way you describe him, this guy will gravitate to positions of authority and will not be deterred by “failure” or “getting caught” or “the law.” HOA, on the grand scheme of things, is probably one of the less dangerous positions (imagine: police officer, school administration, etc.)

Yeah, it’s not great, but you really can not prevent someone like this from hurting people. Not gonna happen, unfortunately.

I think your friend’s safety should be the #1 priority. So I’m voting to leave it alone.

On another note, stalking IS a big deal. Stalking is dangerous because it in the least causes a psychological impact on the victim. It can also lead to serious consequences. If anyone is experiencing this, or needs advice, try calling 1-800-799-SAFE; they will help you with stalking.

Old 03-01-2009, 05:58 PM

4,557 posts, read 7,136,764 times
Whatever happened to a good old fashioned as* whoopin' for jerks like this? Some soap in the bottom of a sock, a tire knocker or some other dense object works wonders for pricks like this....

Old 03-01-2009, 06:09 PM

5,612 posts, read 9,346,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
Finally, more details come out! IMO the initial posts were too vague. And I feel very strongly that NOT everyone with a RO or who has violated an RO is a psycho stalker or whacko. I would never automatically think the worst of someone just because another person had requested an RO against them.

And no CESpeed, I would never be so stupid as to buy a property governed by an HOA. I will also never buy a condo. Who wants to buy a property governed by so many rules and with maintenance fees?
How could you possibly think that a person who has received an RO, not a TRO but an actual RO after a court doesn't have a screw loose? How much restraint and discipline does it take to stay away from someone who doesn't want you in their life? Why does someone need to go so far as to get an RO for a person to get the message to go away? Oh but wait: her saying "please leave my life" wasn't enough, a judge saying "stay out of her life wasn't good enough", he violated the RO.

This really doesn't tell you that this person isn't rational?

Old 03-01-2009, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
My ex wife requested one on me several years ago and received a temporary one and I was later served with papers to appear before a judge(I was out of town for awhile and I guess I had one on me for awhile as the order to appear was old and I only had a few days left until the hearing which I found unusual) for him to decide if a permanent one was to be granted....I was baffled as I had not made ANY attempt to contact her,but I had phone records where she had tried to contact me several times (lucky for me I had a caller ID that stored 200 plus numbers).... I went to the hearing and listened to her tell the judge that I had been driving by her house and parking near it and she was deathly afraid of me....I was getting VERY nervous and felt like I was in the middle of a bad dream UNTIL he asked if she had dates and times and I LMAO when she gave them....I was 1500 miles away and so was my truck during the dates she stated and I had fuel/motel reciepts at home if I needed to produce them....I also heard her tell him that I had called all hours of the night and day....again I laughed because I DID have the caller ID in my hand to show the judge when my time to speak came....Since I was representing myself I was allowed to ask her questions then....I asked her if she was 100% sure on the dates that I had driven by her house and she stated firmly "Yes!".......I then turned to the judge and said 'Sir,I have proof positive that I was 1500 miles away working during these dates and for several weeks prior and after these dates..I have receipts at home and check stubs that I can ask for a continuance and produce at a later date if need be AND I have a witness in the courtroom right now that was with me during the whole time I was working there that can testify right now if you want her to"....

The look on her face was priceless and the judge was instantly hostile towards her.HE then asked her if she was STILL sure on her dates and he would get the witness up there if she was still sure...she dropped her head and said "No,I may have made a mistake".....

I then asked her when I was SUPPOSED to have EVER called her and for her to remember that phone companies keep records and I would ask for a continuance and get billing records if she wasn't being truthful in her answers .....she said "Not in a long time I guess"....the judge was getting REALLY steamed at her now....I then said"Sir,my witness has a caller ID in her hand right now that has names,times and dates of all of the phone calls I have received lately from my exwife here and there are more than a dozen calls from her stored on it(of which I answered NONE) if you would like to see it...He did.....the rest was quick and fun...he told her that some of the dates were AFTER she had asked for the OP and he had a half of mind to throw her in jail for violation of the OP herself and a list of other charges,but that he would let her go,but he was going to put a notation on the record that HE was to review ANY court related info received from her EVER again and if he didn't like it she REALLY wouldn't like it and then he chewed her out about wasting the courts time which could have been used for a valid case blah blah blah...he then apologized to me for the order to appear ,made her apologize and told us to "get out of here!" and told her he better not see her in his court again bringing him crap like this.!!

Had I not been as lucky to have had a fair judge who listened and had actualy been home instead of out of state working,it wouldn't have went so well for me and I stood to lose my gun card,my perfectly clean record and a host of other things over a jealous,spiteful woman's anger that had started the trouble and wanted a divorce in the first place...SHE made her own bed,not me.Total BS and thousands of innocent men are going through this same crap as we speak.
Thank you for making my point. A RESTRAINING ORDER REQUIRES A COURT HEARING AND PROOF! it is not he said/she said. Yes TROs are handed out easily but not full-on ROs.

ROs are very serious. And anyone who would violate one is dangerous. Don't believe me? Ask the dozens of women who have been killed by men who vioploated ROs. Oh wait, can't their DEAD.

Old 03-01-2009, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
You're damn right I would never live in a development with an HOA. Too many nosy people with delusions of what an HOA can and cannot do. "This guy's trashcan is the wrong color", "This child is playing basketball past 9p.m.", blah, blah...

I was a the administrator for a road maintenance agreement for one place I lived- My duties? Collect money, buy gravel, pay for snow clearing- big funkin' deal.

You folks in HOA's have a serious screw loose, lol.
Who said I lived in an HOA?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships