Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2009, 05:37 PM

3,089 posts, read 8,507,850 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kahskye View Post
I said the same thing too when I was younger and immature.
It has nothing to do with me being "young and immature" in fact I take that as an insult. A lot of CF people are sick of hearing the you will grow out of the not wanting kids thing. Seriously? Why should I have a kid? Why would I want to have a kid? I have no urge to have kids. I do not like kids and I do not like being around kids. I didn't want them years ago, months ago, weeks ago, yesterday, and I am sure I will wake up tomorrow and still will not think about having them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2009, 05:48 PM

2,260 posts, read 3,880,345 times
My 5 year old daughter just asked me if she could show me her pets in her classroom when I drop her on Monday. She was very concerned that I should see her Gerbil (sammy) and Fish (Blueberry).

I smiled and said

OK

Old 02-27-2009, 05:52 PM

1,495 posts, read 5,044,766 times
Quote:

I could say the same about you that you are bitter because some of us are actually happy w/ our decision to have a child. Sure there are babies unplanned, but many are here by choice. If you're so happy w/ your decision, why are you on a parenting board?
I am by far bitter because I'm at the stage of my life I can do anything I want without the commitment and worry of children. The difference is I'm thinking it through and wondering whether or not I can provide everything a child needs if I bring it into the world instead of just having one to see if I've missed out or because I feel pressured by friends and family.

I'm on a parenting board because it's not limited to parents. I want to know about why other people have made the choice not to have children. If you're happy with children then you don't need to post.

Old 02-27-2009, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven1976 View Post
I am by far bitter because I'm at the stage of my life I can do anything I want without the commitment and worry of children. The difference is I'm thinking it through and wondering whether or not I can provide everything a child needs if I bring it into the world instead of just having one to see if I've missed out or because I feel pressured by friends and family.

I'm on a parenting board because it's not limited to parents. I want to know about why other people have made the choice not to have children. If you're happy with children then you don't need to post.
Foster a child then

Old 02-27-2009, 06:03 PM

2,546 posts, read 6,873,009 times
I dont want kids. I like sleeping in on days I have off and I enjoy my free time and wouldnt want to give that up.

Old 02-27-2009, 06:08 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,357,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveTodayLez08 View Post
In any case, I never want children.
Too expensive, too much headache
+1

Some people just don't want them. That's it. We don't have paternal and maternal instincts. So what? Or some people missed the window to have them (female) /the "right" time to have them (male)... and don't want them now. I treat my friends' kids very well and they (the smaller ones) hang all over me when I'm at their houses, but I think to myself "thank God they are the ones with these kids and not me..."

Old 02-27-2009, 06:09 PM

2,540 posts, read 6,228,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitokenshi View Post
It has nothing to do with me being "young and immature" in fact I take that as an insult. A lot of CF people are sick of hearing the you will grow out of the not wanting kids thing. Seriously? Why should I have a kid? Why would I want to have a kid? I have no urge to have kids. I do not like kids and I do not like being around kids. I didn't want them years ago, months ago, weeks ago, yesterday, and I am sure I will wake up tomorrow and still will not think about having them.
The what brings you to a parenting board? I just don't get it. Why should you have a kid? Why should you want a kid? Why are you posting here? It's kind of like me not wanting to live in Utah, but posting on the forum how much I hate it, or hating cats and posting to tell them so. Like I mentioned earlier, ivillage has a Childless and Loving It type forum. Why not post there instead of here where we actually do enjoy family life and the joys and trials it may bring?

Old 02-27-2009, 06:11 PM

3,400 posts, read 8,028,490 times

Old 02-27-2009, 06:11 PM

Quote:
The what brings you to a parenting board? I just don't get it. Why should you have a kid? Why should you want a kid? Why are you posting here? It's kind of like me not wanting to live in Utah, but posting on the forum how much I hate it, or hating cats and posting to tell them so. Like I mentioned earlier, ivillage has a Childless and Loving It type forum. Why not post there instead of here where we actually do enjoy family life and the joys and trials it may bring?
The OP asked...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven1976 View Post

So who else has been contemplating not having children??
And I responded

Old 02-27-2009, 06:14 PM

2,540 posts, read 6,228,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitokenshi View Post
The OP asked...

And I responded
That's fine, but why are you even looking here? It's like me lurking on a fishing forum when I hate fishing. I just don't get it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships