Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2009, 02:12 AM

10 posts, read 54,268 times

Advertisements

Wewewe
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2009, 05:32 AM

2,514 posts, read 4,945,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlueJints View Post
Hello, Please read this through before you make an opinion. I am desperate, sad, and depressed.... I hang on and hang on, but see no hope in site unless I am ready to wait a few more years. ...Thing is I am depressed more than happy. If I was giving advice I would say move on in more words. .. PLEASE someone help I am tired of being sad and crying.
Quote:
Wewewe
This thread contains 8 or 9 (?) posts by you. The above is an excerpt from your first...and "all" of your last. With the exception of perhaps one,
all your other posts in between have you finding fault with other posters' opinions. Even after YOU summed up the situation quite nicely at the start.
(Read your 1st post again if that didn't sink in.)

Perhaps a more genuine opening post from you would have read:
"I'm in love with someone else's wife. I know that under most state laws & under all moral codes, that this is wrong. But I don't care.
I know that she will never leave him because her kids mean more to her than I do. WTF? I am tired of being sad & crying."

To which our general consensus would have been:
"No problem. Carry on then."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So BBJ, 'wewewe' right back at ya. Most of us here know the world of love & romance is anything but black & white; and will concede that yes, you are in a gray area. Until she is legally free to be with you or until you take your own gut instinct seriously (again, read your OP); the gray area is right where you'll stay.

Old 02-28-2009, 05:50 AM

25,386 posts, read 35,443,246 times
Quote:
Hello, Please read this through before you make an opinion. I am desperate, sad, and depressed. I have been seeing a girl 200 miles away for 4 years. She is a wonderful woman not a cheat as some of you will say. She wants to leave her husband and us spend our lives together. She cannot leave her husband because of money and kids aged 9 and 12. I work here in CT and she works in NY State. Her children come first. Her husband is possesive and controlling. Threatens her with the children if she leaves. It is very hard to get a divorce In New York State. I hang on and hang on, but see no hope in site unless I am ready to wait a few more years. I am not young at 48. I love this woman so much. I feel so much pain and love in one. I get hurt easily and read into her words and thought to much at times. It is hard when two people say they are soul mates and one lives with someone else. To begin with I don't ant to leave as I would hurt her. I know I do not have her now, but the thoguht of ending all hope just destroys me inside and make me unfunctional. Thing is I am depressed more than happy. If I was giving advice I would say move on in more words. It is easier to give advice than follow it. PLEASE someone help I am tired of being sad and crying.
Thank You
A woman who is cheating on her husband is not putting her children first. Also, a person who will cheat on one person they pledged fidelity to will cheat on another. The odds of your relationship working out, long term, if she does leave her husband are in the single digits. I've read that something like 95% of all relationships that begin when one party is married to someone else do not make it. Both parties that would enter into such a relationship have some kind of character flaw. They wouldn't get involved with each other if they didn't.

My advice: Leave and get on with your life. If she divorces her husband at a later date and looks you up, have a relationship then. In the meantime, take care of yourself and quit putting yourself through this emotional wringer chasing something you can't have. You also need to ask yourself why you're chasing something you can't have? Do you have self esteem issues? After all, she has an excuse for not being with you. Are you afraid to be with a woman who doesn't have an excuse (if it doesn't work out with her, it must be you, right?).

Seek out a relationship counselor (for you not the two of you). There's something wrong with the type of relationship you're going after. You need to find out why you chase what you can't have. When you get to the bottom of that, you'll be able to get on with your life.

Old 02-28-2009, 06:35 AM

14,975 posts, read 16,416,370 times
Also, you do realize that the husband can use adultery in the divorce proceedings to have rulings more in his favor?

Old 02-28-2009, 06:52 AM

15,603 posts, read 39,711,753 times
Your going to burn for what your doing you know that right? If you were soul mates she would have left her husband for you 4 years ago. Wake the hell up already.

Old 02-28-2009, 07:32 AM

27,268 posts, read 27,330,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
Also, you do realize that the husband can use adultery in the divorce proceedings to have rulings more in his favor?

Not to mention theres always the possibility of husband suing for alienation of wife's affection'. It happens, Ive seen a case or two like that.

Old 02-28-2009, 07:56 AM

15,603 posts, read 39,711,753 times
Not to mention the husband may just put a gun to your head and take it off clean at the shoulders. I've seen a case or two like that!

Old 02-28-2009, 08:02 AM

27,268 posts, read 27,330,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
Not to mention the husband may just put a gun to your head and take it off clean at the shoulders. I've seen a case or two like that!

Lol, Rance, that too!

Old 02-28-2009, 09:00 AM

14,975 posts, read 16,416,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
Especially if he's such a big douchebag like the OP says.

Old 02-28-2009, 10:45 AM

15,639 posts, read 40,958,354 times
Who knows? Once hubby finds out he might even (and justifiably so) beat the ever-livin' sh*t out of that wh*re wife of his!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships