Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2009, 06:53 PM

5,019 posts, read 14,115,073 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interpol76 View Post
The difference between geeks and dorks is that geeks often have zero social skills, often rude, and are very obsessed with childish things (video games, japanese anime, role playing etc...). Dorks are extremely individualistic, fun to be around, have great social skills, and often have an advanced of humor.
Hmmm I define them exactly the opposite way.......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2009, 06:55 PM

5,612 posts, read 15,115,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeapple View Post
This is the same as men who complain that all women are bitchy or shallow, but they aren't willing to date plain janes either.
These people just like to complain, and they come in both genders.
I agree completely. Sorry can't rep you.

Old 03-01-2009, 06:56 PM

19,758 posts, read 22,666,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
Saying that most Jersey girls are dumb bimboes is about as much a "generalization" as saying that most people in Jamaica are black is a "generalization".
Well I know a few 'Jersey Girls' who are downright country and don't look a thing like that (although I have to say there isn't nothing bad about the lot of them, frankly).

Not sure what exit you live off of, but maybe you should get out some more sweetcakes?

Old 03-01-2009, 06:58 PM

1,629 posts, read 3,477,631 times
Quote:
That is true. However, even the most plain girl can dress herself up....
Why should we have to???

If you can be comfortable in torn jeans and hoodies, we can too!

Old 03-01-2009, 07:02 PM

3,089 posts, read 8,510,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mearth View Post
Why should we have to???

If you can be comfortable in torn jeans and hoodies, we can too!
I would go for the girl wearing that then the chick all dolled up any day.

Old 03-01-2009, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Sorry, but Angie, Ginger and 'da gals" over here don't do it for me. When I move, maybe I'll experiment with dating and see if I am not really asexual or whatever, but as it stands now, it is preferrable to be alone than to be with a Jersey girl...and please, I have lived here my whole life, so don't tell me "I'm generalizing".
You need a bicycle *.

I'm serious. I was at a bicycle convention this weekend and the young women there were the polar opposites of the women in the pic you posted. Lots of chopped-off hair, tats, chunky black glasses. Darn, I wish I'd snapped some pics. I'm a middle aged woman, but I must say I was charmed by their style. Most of them seem to work in IT or graphic design.

* Please note that I happen to think that everyone should ride a bicycle.

Old 03-01-2009, 07:06 PM

Quote:
And how many women can really tell the difference? And why is it that arrogant men are never without a date?
You probably wouldn't want the women they're with anyway! Unless you're a hypocrite and want a trophy girlfriend.

Quote:
You are not a man and therefore do not understand the pressure that men are put under to life that archtype.
And YOU would not understand being constantly compared to women in magazines, while inner beauty goes ignored. Guess we're even. OH WAIT, I forgot about the hundreds of years of patriarchy, control, and treatment of women as objects to be owned. Cry me a river.

Quote:
I do not understand what you mean by "problems". I have never had a girlfriend, but that is because for one, I am about 50% sure that romantic love does not exist but is just a nice fantasy idea, like a Dungeons and Dragons character, two, because I have never tried to have a girlfriend and three...I live in New Jersey.
Oh... you're GAY.

Old 03-01-2009, 07:26 PM

Default Dear "Experts": Riddle me this

I've read more books than most men I meet. I like comics and superheroes. My online dating profile picture features a stack of books on my head, including one about Superman.

I've never done the club thing. I prefer sneakers to heels, but own some feminine clothes.

My sense of humor consists of actually being witty, not just of laughing at YOUR jokes. Male friends have told me I'm one of the funniest women they know.

I give gifts that are thoughtful, creative, and unique to the receiver's values.

I've been to grad school to be a psychologist, and changed course to become an EMT.

And I'm not bad to look at - I've been a personal trainer, marathoner, and triathlete.

I can change my own tire, and I own a rescued pit bull mix.

So how is it that an intelligent, witty, low-maintenance, empathic, accomplished, works-well-under-pressure, active, strong, self-sufficient, dog-owning 28yo female who has ALWAYS preferred the NICE guy over the cocky pretty boy is the last unmarried female among her friends???

Plus I'm not even bitter - I love spending time with my married friends, and I'm often telling the wives I know that they don't give their husbands enough credit. (SO many brides are spoiled!)

So why are all the women on shows like "Bridezillas" capable of holding on to supportive, caring, tolerant men, while I (who understands that the only thing wedding guests care about is the booze, so screw the fancy schmancy details) am repeatedly brushed aside?

[My initial prognosis - because immature narcissists are the most talented at MASQUERADING as conscientious nice guys! ]

Old 03-01-2009, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Dear "Experts": Riddle me this

Ok. I'll take a crack. Just remember this is the internet and the advice is free.

I sense that your problem may indeed be location location location.

I am seeing Chicago or perhaps Minneapolis for you. Madison WI if you like a smaller town. With your EMS I am guessing that your career is somewhat portable?

Men from the Northern Midwest are pretty straightforward and don't put up with too much B.S. Might be a good fit for you.

Good luck.

Old 03-01-2009, 07:44 PM

6,351 posts, read 9,978,608 times
Quote:
You probably wouldn't want the women they're with anyway! Unless you're a hypocrite and want a trophy girlfriend.
If I ever will be with a woman, she will most likely be a plain-jane or a "freaky goth/punk chick". I am not into the Stepford type at all.

Quote:
And YOU would not understand being constantly compared to women in magazines, while inner beauty goes ignored.
Ohh yes, right. Men with washboard stomachs NEVER appear in publications aimed at women...
Moderator cut: image removed

...nope, never happens

And men NEEEEEVERRR have any body image issues... Male Body Image — Infoplease.com

Magazines Harm Male Body Image

Nope, never happens

Quote:
Guess we're even.
Exactly.
Quote:
OH WAIT, I forgot about the hundreds of years of patriarchy, control, and treatment of women as objects to be owned. Cry me a river.
Can we say "chip on the shoulder"?

We have a female Speaker of the House, women CEOs, etc etc. I did not oppress women for hundreds of years any more than any of my white friends oppressed my half-black self for a hundred years. Really, live in the present and get over it!

Quote:
Oh... you're GAY.
So...a man who exhibits none-traditional masculine behavior in that he admits that he's intrested in something other than a dumb Jersey Bimbo and questions his societal-choosen role as "sexual alpha male" is automatically a homosexual?

You sound like a hard-carrying member of the vast right-wing conspiracy! How was the C-PAC meeting? Did you shake hands with Limbaugh?

Last edited by Marka; 01-09-2014 at 10:03 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships