Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2009, 05:23 AM

6 posts, read 9,797 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connecticut Pam View Post
Move on and find someone else other than your doctor. I think you are mistaking his concern and care for you for affection and that is going to lead to nothing but disaster. Has it been a while since you have had a serious relationship with someone? If so, this could be why you are grasping at straws so to speak and have developed a crush on this doctor. Do you know if he is marrried? Has kids? Either move on or find a new doctor and be sure you don't have the same thing happen with that one too.
Thanks, reality check appreciated. I promise though - I'm not a "crush on my doctor" kind of person. That said, it may very well be a bad idea.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2009, 05:39 AM

7,005 posts, read 21,335,218 times
Well, if you hook up with you'll get free consultation visits. That's a plus.

Old 03-02-2009, 06:07 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,484,450 times
I guess I can somewhat relate to your situation. I married my dentist. After realizing that feelings for each other were mutual I offered to find a new dentist for me and my daughters. I would never want to put her into any situation that might seem unethical/inappropriate. And you shouldnt either. Maybe the best thing you can do is schedule an appointment and just tell him the truth. Then offer to find another Dr. so it isnt a problem to explore taking anything to the next level.Good luck young lady.

Old 03-02-2009, 06:40 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,156,261 times
OK... so Twinkle kisses up to the bosses only... OK...

Old 03-02-2009, 09:09 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,035,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
OK... so Twinkle kisses up to the bosses only... OK...
No No No! It's not like that! He was a colleague - not a boss.

But, Hotpants can get bossy with me any time he wants and I won't mind.

Old 03-02-2009, 10:29 AM

16 posts, read 41,697 times
Default Speak For Yourself, Bethany..

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissBethany View Post
A few months ago I had a second appointment with a doctor in town - It's been a couple of months and oddly enough I thought he would find some way to make contact. [Here I am sounding crazy again!]
No, Bethany, you don't sound crazy, just a bit cowardly is all. I guess the polite term would be "extremely shy" and I have to admit that I was once like that too.

Let me tell you a little story: When I was very young I fell in love with a beautiful young woman I'd met in England. It was Summertime and a very memorable one, filled with racing hearts and warm enchantment. We've all been there I think.

I never asked her to marry me though. I wanted to but she was a couple of years older than me and I was afraid that she might say no - I was nineteen and she had once, jokingly, called me "a child". Many years passed and, one day, while I was walking through the Metropolitan Museum in New York, someone called my name and , of course, it was her (sometimes these things actually do happen outside of the movies). She lived in Manhattan, only a few blocks away from me, with her husband and her two children.
I took her to lunch at a very nice little cafe called Maxwell's Plum (long gone now I'm afraid) and we sat watching the summer afternoon and the people hurrying past much as we had done, once, in our very own London those years before.
We talked for quite a long time until, finally, she had to go and I motioned the waiter for our check. We were getting up to leave when she reached out and took my hand in hers. "You know," she said, "if you had asked, I would have married you in a heartbeat."

If you want this guy then you'd better go get him before some other woman does. Just summon up your courage and do it! If you don't, then you may regret it one day when it's already too late. Life is not for "shy people". Get out there and take big bites.

Old 03-02-2009, 06:17 PM

4,550 posts, read 11,697,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connecticut Pam View Post
Move on and find someone else other than your doctor. I think you are mistaking his concern and care for you for affection and that is going to lead to nothing but disaster. Has it been a while since you have had a serious relationship with someone? If so, this could be why you are grasping at straws so to speak and have developed a crush on this doctor. Do you know if he is marrried? Has kids? Either move on or find a new doctor and be sure you don't have the same thing happen with that one too.
Same thought here but I suppose Drs. have needs as well

Old 03-02-2009, 07:39 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,156,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
No No No! It's not like that! He was a colleague - not a boss.

But, Hotpants can get bossy with me any time he wants and I won't mind.
I meant showing the picture only to the newly minted boss!

Old 03-02-2009, 07:51 PM

1,986 posts, read 4,066,657 times
I know someone who thought her doctor was cute. They have 5 kids and have been married for almost 30 years now.

Old 03-03-2009, 01:48 PM

5,612 posts, read 15,114,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissBethany View Post
My friend is also a doctor in the same (huge) complex and offered to 'scope things out' but at the time I dissuaded her because - don't these things always get back to people? And - kind of awkward for her maybe?
Oh no. Absolutely let your friend run interference, that's what friends are for! And don't be surprised if she's already done it. Yes he may figure it out, but if he is really interested he'll like kowing that you are interested, too. And if he thinks good things about your friend, that's a positive endorsement for you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships