Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2009, 02:17 AM

7,454 posts, read 13,422,144 times

Advertisements

For some reason Andrew83 and Killer2021 were the first things that came to my mind when I read this thread title.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2009, 04:19 AM

3,722 posts, read 4,307,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz View Post
For some reason Andrew83 and Killer2021 were the first things that came to my mind when I read this thread title.

Nah not them two. andrew83 is taking the **** out of the habitual cyber agony aunts and uncles who take their advice giving seriously. Killer - I can't say he's posts have stood out to me enough to notice a pattern. If I describe this persons neurosis, it will give him away. The vibe I get is ticking bomb, could explode one day. But I hope not, cause I pity the woman.

Old 03-04-2009, 04:51 AM

1,462 posts, read 4,866,271 times
Default Dangerous Men On here

[quote=Raggy dee Ann;7720926]Lordy lordy. Because I post more here than anywhere else, I haven't figured out others on other forums. Some very obsessive men on here. I could be wrong, but I'm usually spot on. Remember that guy, Joseph whats his name that did the unimaginable things to that family then kidnapped the kids a boy and girl, then killing the boy later? I think they were in Montana or Wyoming...one of those places. He also spent time on forums and had a blog where he detailed a lot of his sick thinking.

I don't know but I get a very bad vibe.

What makes you feel or think that there are bad men on here? I believe, although I am fairly new to this site that there is a place to report any bad posts you may see. You can't be afraid, just careful. I would report any post that seems odd or offensive. Who knows maybe whoever manages this website has the ability to turn dangerous people in to the law. Software and software capabilities are very powerful now a days.

Old 03-04-2009, 06:29 AM

10,172 posts, read 20,773,094 times
Ok, how did this thread go from being about creepy men to race? If anyone here is suffering from an inferiority or superiority complex due to your race, then seek help, but don't try to bring the rest of us down with you.

Now about those creepy men...they are everywhere, not just here on City-Data forums. You never know who is hidden behind that screen name. Regardless of what they tell you, alleged photos of themselves they post, and whatever else they tell you. Any website is vulnerable to this, and not to sound paranoid, but take a look at most serial killers, they look like average everyday folks. Most of them don't look like menacing killers, so keep that in mind when you feel you can trust someone just because they appear to be kind, meek and harmless. You just have to take you time getting to know people.

Old 03-04-2009, 06:31 AM

7,454 posts, read 13,422,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
Ok, how did this thread go from being about creepy men to race? If anyone here is suffering from an inferiority or superiority complex due to your race, then seek help, but don't try to bring the rest of us down with you.

Now about those creepy men...they are everywhere, not just here on City-Data forums. You never know who is hidden behind that screen name. Regardless of what they tell you, alleged photos of themselves they post, and whatever else they tell you. Any website is vulnerable to this, and not to sound paranoid, but take a look at most serial killers, they look like average everyday folks. Most of them don't look like menacing killers, so keep that in mind when you feel you can trust someone just because they appear to be kind, meek and harmless. You just have to take you time getting to know people.
and thats when the people who are genuine and are who they say they are suffer booooo . Such is life.

Old 03-04-2009, 06:39 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,478,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
Think I know who you are talking about and he has sent me some scathing DM's that were just vile. He was a piece of work
Jesse?

Old 03-04-2009, 06:58 AM

13,768 posts, read 38,183,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigeonhole View Post
left a whole bunch of us a DM

For my education, can you tell me what a DM is ? I'm not very good with acronyms.
DM = direct message
PM = private message

Old 03-04-2009, 07:07 AM

78,339 posts, read 60,527,398 times
I don't know...I haven't seen anyone on here too scary...seems like the same mix of people you might run into in a normal day. <shrug>

I mean, there are some complete messes that have posted in Relationships (and dear god there IS a large foil-hat contingent in political) but the regulars all seem pretty cool.

By messes I mean people that would be awful in relationship but I wouldn't be scared if they lived next door. On that note, I have to go to the store and pick up some material. Did I mention I like to make my own outfits for my enormous collection of Barbie Dolls?

Old 03-04-2009, 07:26 AM

1,226 posts, read 2,797,342 times
There are dangerous men and women EVERYWHERE. The web tends to allow the freak in people to come out under a false cloak of anonymity. Look at the user name choices. When you think on a whim your colors show. Bottom line don't ever go meet a stranger at their house. Go to a public place. Do not exchange addresses and home phones. Wait till a day or two, week or two, whatever it takes to get your head around them. Make sure you really know what you are dealing with.

My name reflects the fact that I often get into messes I could have avoided. Hard headed some might say or a skull as thick a cave man.

Last edited by Boneheaded; 03-04-2009 at 07:28 AM.. Reason: Left out a few things

Old 03-04-2009, 07:28 AM

3,722 posts, read 4,307,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwatted Wabbit View Post
Still plenty of bumper stickers around here that say "Kill Duncan". That's all.

Yes, trust your gut.
That's right he was from Idaho...I said Montana or Wyoming I hope shasta is getting ok and her dad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships