Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2010, 07:26 PM

186 posts, read 217,750 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
Careful with this one. There's a saying among women about the bay area. The odds are good but the goods are odd. In other words, there are plenty of guys, but a lot of them aren't the kind you'd want to date.

Of course, out of the thousands and thousands of men to choose from there, I'm *so* sure they are all 'odd', so to speak.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2010, 11:10 AM

1 posts, read 2,402 times
Yeah if any of the lonely western guys happen to be viewing this send me a "Hello"...just need you to be at least 40.

Old 07-24-2010, 10:43 AM

749 posts, read 2,079,142 times
I hear Wyoming and North Dakota are good....I also hear there are more jobs are up there, so I may be in gahoots I sure could use a good one...(JOB, that is

Old 07-24-2010, 10:55 AM

1,419 posts, read 2,448,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanteuse d' Opéra View Post
OMG! check out this website: it's saying higher male-female ratios are on the West Coast Article - Gender in the United States

The counties with low male-female ratios were concentrated in the Northeast and South. Most States in these regions predominantly had counties with low male-female ratios, except for a few counties in upstate New York and the Florida panhandle. The female population exceeded the male population in all counties in Maine, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, and Delaware. The female population also exceeded the male population in most counties in Vermont, Rhode Island, New Jersey, Alabama, Mississippi, and South Carolina.

In contrast, counties with high male-female ratios were primarily in the West. All counties in Nevada, Alaska, and Hawaii had male-female ratios above 100. Other States with the majority of their counties with high male-female ratios were Idaho, Oregon, and Colorado.

Looks like I may be moving westward
Damn I live in SC, no wonder I havent had a date in over half a year.

Old 04-20-2018, 02:02 PM

32 posts, read 30,157 times
I have only lived in New England and FLorida, and in both cases, I found that women outnumber men, in all age groups. I do not know why. But it's very sad when you are out somewhere and women are circling the men like sharks. The competition for the available men is fierce.
On the flip side, men here perceive being nice, as someone trying to pick them up. For some of us, being friendly and cordial is simply our personality and we are not looking for anything. I was glared at one time when a man dropped his newspaper in front of me and I simply picked it up and handed it to him. He snatched the paper out of my hand and stomped off. In the gym, a man was behind me at the drinking fountain, which was broken. As I turned to walk away, I let him know the fountain was broken. He gave me the "how dare you talk to me" look. Really? I'm a hotel concierge and it's in my blood to be friendly and helpful but that is seen way differently here than in say, the Midwest or west coast.

Old 04-20-2018, 02:06 PM

814 posts, read 755,808 times
Damn than, I need to move to Florida or New England

Old 04-20-2018, 09:54 PM

9,343 posts, read 6,894,046 times
Menver

Old 04-21-2018, 09:36 AM

6,319 posts, read 11,860,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtandc View Post
Any place that has a military base, here in the Hampton Roads area of Virginia which so happens to have the worlds largest military base, the men must out number the women 2 to 1 or so it seems...sure it might not show up on the stats of some survey because most of the men do not claim this area as their permanent residence but they are here
That's why there are so many angry men in the Norfolk area, lol. San Diego (a.k.a. "Man Diego") is another one.

Old 04-21-2018, 10:04 AM

102,077 posts, read 107,088,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelleyking55 View Post
I have only lived in New England and FLorida, and in both cases, I found that women outnumber men, in all age groups. I do not know why. But it's very sad when you are out somewhere and women are circling the men like sharks. The competition for the available men is fierce.
On the flip side, men here perceive being nice, as someone trying to pick them up. For some of us, being friendly and cordial is simply our personality and we are not looking for anything. I was glared at one time when a man dropped his newspaper in front of me and I simply picked it up and handed it to him. He snatched the paper out of my hand and stomped off. In the gym, a man was behind me at the drinking fountain, which was broken. As I turned to walk away, I let him know the fountain was broken. He gave me the "how dare you talk to me" look. Really? I'm a hotel concierge and it's in my blood to be friendly and helpful but that is seen way differently here than in say, the Midwest or west coast.
This isn't necessarily about what you think it is. Some men aren't used to women being the "chivalrous" ones, and helping men out, holding a door, and so forth. They're old-fashioned, and feel that's not the women's role. Some read into it, that the woman is trying to make a statement about gender relations.

And then, there are the arrogant ones, like the one at the drinking fountain.

These issues have nothing to do with cities where the demographics are skewed in favor of men, btw. This stuff takes place everywhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships