Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2009, 12:58 AM

670 posts, read 2,111,455 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvdxer View Post
Well, I find aggressive, competitive, and overly confident women VERY unattractive, just as I find short hair unattractive. When I try to imagine a "career woman", the traits I just mentioned come to mind, though I'm sure all are not like that.
All single women are "career women". The only person we have to rely on financially is ourselves. And most aren't overconfident (usually anything but), aggressive, or competitive--we're just trying to make a living and support ourselves, buy a car, put food on the table, etc. just like everyone else.

Old 03-07-2009, 04:04 AM

656 posts, read 2,737,881 times
I like women that are easy

on the eye, confident, caring, funny, and most important of all, into me

Old 03-07-2009, 04:11 AM

1,461 posts, read 4,858,377 times
Default What type of Women do Men Like

Liking women for men I don't think depends of any particular "type"....and to say that they all do have a certain "type" puts way too much pressure on women in general to BE that certain type. No one can predict who they will fall in love with or why they fall in love...it just happens. Maybe a man will like the way a woman's laugh sounds or the way she wears her hair, looks at him, smiles at him...there are thousands of things it could be and not one is the same in every instance.

I have been married 3 times..GOD that sounds awful, and the reasons for all three times that my husbands gave were different. My first husband..who I talk about on here a lot because he was a CHARACTER....use to tell me that every time he looked at my eyes he got butterflies...I was good to go on that one because I was only 19. He ended up being a first class MORON. My second husband said he loved me because I was funny and sweet and he too liked my big blue eyes...hmmmm...somewhat better I thought...poor thing died young; at 42, OK...so now I am DONE being married...NOT. Six years later, I meet my present husband who is 10 years younger than me and I was the one who was attracted to him. He, at the time, was 6'1" tall and probably 350 pounds...very heavy but there was something about him....hmmmm... When we started to date, we both went on diets together, spent lots of time talking about EVERYTHING...hours on the phone and he told me that he REALLY liked me before he ever told me he loved me. He told me I was smart, beautiful, funny and loving...that was it......5 more years later we married. So, you see, there are tons of reasons people are attracted to each other and no two are the same.

Old 03-07-2009, 11:42 AM

1,952 posts, read 4,780,081 times
Default I'll take a wild guess

I'm not a man, but I'll take a wild guess that men like women who:

Like men
Take care of themselves
Stay fit and active
Are intellectually curious
Are happy people
Are warm and friendly
Fun to be around
With a great smile!

Old 03-07-2009, 12:03 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,841,895 times
Default Does it Matter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamerman View Post
What type of women do men like?
About 20% of men have some (and very occasionally a lot) of influence over this. However, what I heard about their preferences, when I was young and still associated with these types, was very shallow and therefore, not very encouraging. While not completely responsible for the high subsequent divorce rate among these couples, it had to be a major factor.

For the rest of us, the important thing is not finding what we like as much as determining whether we can handle or live with what we don't like. Women know that these attributes (neuroses, addictions, personality traits, etc.) are a deal breaker and either are extremely adept at initially hiding them or use other means to get a man to overlook them.

Unfortunately, they either eventually come out or the fog of lust clears.

So what do I want in a woman? Somebody who will take their time to get to know me, be open about themselves and realize that if I find that I cannot see a way to make a relationship work, its not something personal, its just what is the best for both of us.

Old 03-07-2009, 01:05 PM

647 posts, read 2,079,702 times
Here are a few things that I like in a woman:
--calm and cool demeanor
--Is not consumed with vanity
--Does not worry about the insignificant things
--Knows how to balance home/family/work
--puts God first in her life, even above me
--Has a playful side to her
--thoughtful of others
--straightforward, will tell me the truth about "Whatever" situation in order to make it better
--loving/affectionate
--A few other things

Ask 100 men and you're bound to get 100 different answers

Old 03-07-2009, 04:14 PM

7,641 posts, read 18,078,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shania View Post
All single women are "career women". The only person we have to rely on financially is ourselves. And most aren't overconfident (usually anything but), aggressive, or competitive--we're just trying to make a living and support ourselves, buy a car, put food on the table, etc. just like everyone else.
A woman who works isn't necessarily what I think when I hear the phrase "career woman". To me, a "career woman" is one who is very much focused on her career and especially on advancing in it.

Old 03-07-2009, 06:06 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,841,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvdxer View Post
A woman who works isn't necessarily what I think when I hear the phrase "career woman". To me, a "career woman" is one who is very much focused on her career and especially on advancing in it.
In other words, the only balls she is interested in are the ones she intends to slice off the opposing attorney?

Old 03-09-2009, 07:34 PM

670 posts, read 2,111,455 times
A lot of women need the intellectual stimulation that a career (like law or medicine) provides, others try to further their careers simply to make more money to either provide for themselves (if single), or to provide for their families. And yes, most female attorneys (especially DAs) are very tough in court, but usually very personable "off the record." ...Like most women, they do want their men to have balls, lol. As for their opponents in court, that might be a different story...

Old 03-09-2009, 07:48 PM

345 posts, read 642,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseketeer View Post
You have just broken my heart Rance ! I am devastated.

I was definitely born a woman and possesses my very own , very real breasts but I do not own even one pair of Jeans (or trousers for that matter) . I just don't find them comfortable. I much prefer skirts and dresses. Does that make snooty ?

I used to wear them for necessity's sake when in the Wild but if I don't have to then I prefer not to. Never mind I will have to try and seduce someone else instead...
Not Rance, but chiming in anyway. I'm usually fine with a girl wearing a dress or skirt, as long as it's not one of those super-short trampy skirts. I also think that those summer dresses (I think that's what they're called?) are one of the most attractive things on a girl, period.

In regard to jeans...well, I love a girl in blue jeans, and you'd think it wouldn't be too much to ask for...but then again, I'm from Jersey. Too many of the girls here wear those pink sweat pants with "Hot" or "Angel" printed on the butt. Yeah...no. I'm not a fan of those super-tight stretch pants either (Hint: camel-toe is NOT attractive).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships