Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2010, 12:03 PM

184 posts, read 231,543 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Revenge is for people with little shriveled souls. Move on and deal.
Until the next person who shats on you and then the next and then the next and eventually you would have to get revenge because you can't go through life being shat on by everybody.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2010, 01:37 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,182,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enterprise View Post
Until the next person who shats on you and then the next and then the next and eventually you would have to get revenge because you can't go through life being shat on by everybody.

If EVERYONE is taking a dump on you then the problem just might be YOU. Go beat yourself up.

Old 04-17-2010, 01:44 PM

4,379 posts, read 5,382,704 times
Quote:

that doesn't seem reasoned.

i agree, the problem seems to be you.

Old 04-17-2010, 01:53 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,147,443 times
Quote:
Well, perhaps if you live your life with a little bit of wisdom or foresight, you won't find yourself in these situations all the time. Just saying. Show me somebody who claims to always be a victim of other people and I'll show you a person who pretty much makes awful decisions all the time.

One other thing. Mindlessly lashing out doesn't make the situation better. Typically, it makes matter far worse.

Old 04-17-2010, 01:58 PM

4,379 posts, read 5,382,704 times
it depends what one means by being shat on.

nobody owes us respect, or anything else for that matter. even still, people aren't usually disrespectful for no reason. perhaps it's your interactions with people that is the key.

I used to think similar to you, but i realised that I was to blame. i now think that if people are disrespectful then it's their issue not mine, and that i should learn more about how people interact. i think observing why most persons get along is key, for me anyhow.

Old 04-17-2010, 03:24 PM

2,942 posts, read 6,006,525 times
Living well is the best revenge.

Old 04-17-2010, 05:38 PM

1,863 posts, read 4,298,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
I know my own nature, and I am vindictive. Thing is, I don't plot and scheme. But I am willing to wait as long as it takes for me to get even. I would literally wait until eternity just to have the chance to get even. I also won't forgive them until 3 things happen 1.) I get even. 2.) the universe punishes them for forcing their will on me and therefore breaking the laws of the universe, and 3.) they repent and beg for forgiveness.

I don't know much, but I know that the opportunity will present itself sooner or later. And I also know, that I will take it. No regrets, and NO hesitation.
Yup! That is how I feel also. I'll just lie in wait until the right time to strike.

Old 04-27-2010, 08:45 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,345,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
If EVERYONE is taking a dump on you then the problem just might be YOU. Go beat yourself up.

That is messed up. LOL!!

Here's how I see it

If someone is taking a dump on me, he had better have a good reason or else I am dumping back.

Sometimes people "take a dump" on you just because they can. For instance, if you are a "nice guy" trying to get along with people and for some reason people keep messing with you and you keep turning the cheek, maybe it's the cheek turning that is attracting more attacks.

Sometimes you have to stand your ground.

Over the past year, I've had people try to accuse me of things that not only I didn't do, but I wouldn't do. Back then, I was nice to everyone and extremely forgiving and I smiled a lot. One day after 20+ false accusations and character insults, I stated my case (harshly) and not only did he shut up, but every other slanderer as well.

Nowadays I walk around with a mean look, and an even meaner kick.

Old 04-27-2010, 08:48 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,850,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Cat View Post
When someone does something to you, do you pay them back with the same coin or with something 10 times as worse (like I do)? Or do you just turn the other cheek and let it go?
It depends on what happened, some things I can brush off. But if anyone goes after a family member I am a bit protective.

Old 04-27-2010, 08:49 PM

604 posts, read 750,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Cat View Post
When someone does something to you, do you pay them back with the same coin or with something 10 times as worse (like I do)? Or do you just turn the other cheek and let it go?
Reminds me of my tennis doubles partner... or other High School friends...

Something happens, then I try to do something to "get them back" but nothing too harmful, but some people take your vengence and go insane and do worse things... so you have to watch who you return fire against... like my doubles partner....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships