Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2009, 08:30 PM

26,406 posts, read 46,566,000 times

Advertisements

Crosswalks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2009, 08:31 PM

10,914 posts, read 31,394,981 times
I am not terribly fond of clowns, either, but it's not full coulrophobia since it has to be a specific type of clown, the evil kind, that makes me nervous. So, I guess it's not technically a phobia.

I do have a real issue with crawl spaces that are tight, logically knowing that I would fit into one should the need arise, but it creating an issue all the same. I don't have a fear of other confined spaces at all, nor do I forsee any reason for me to venture into a crawl space at any point in the future since I do not own a house with a crawl space, nor does anyone I know. Mind you, I am not going to rush out and find a crawl space in which to practice, since I can live a full life with that phobia.

Old 03-06-2009, 08:39 PM

733 posts, read 1,928,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwguydc View Post
I am not terribly fond of clowns, either, but it's not full coulrophobia since it has to be a specific type of clown, the evil kind, that makes me nervous. So, I guess it's not technically a phobia.

I do have a real issue with crawl spaces that are tight, logically knowing that I would fit into one should the need arise, but it creating an issue all the same. I don't have a fear of other confined spaces at all, nor do I forsee any reason for me to venture into a crawl space at any point in the future since I do not own a house with a crawl space, nor does anyone I know. Mind you, I am not going to rush out and find a crawl space in which to practice, since I can live a full life with that phobia.
LOL, I was wondering if anyone was going to say this!....Totally do not like clown!!! Creep me out....

That and heights......

pogo.......LOL!

Old 03-06-2009, 08:41 PM

7,005 posts, read 21,333,578 times
A coworker at my dealership is afraid of birds. One day we had the parts dept. gate open and a little sparrow flew in, he saw fly in and he jumped clear over the parts counter, head first like in the movies, did a 180 on the floor, got up and left running like a bat out of hell to the service bays. That was hillarious.

Old 03-06-2009, 08:43 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,604,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
I havn't heard THAT in a while! God I love you!

Ha! Take that Artsy!

Old 03-06-2009, 09:10 PM

1,501 posts, read 5,680,554 times
Wasps, yellow jackets, any flying thing with a stinger that isn't a Bumble.
Give me spiders, snakes and mice over these things any day!

Old 03-06-2009, 09:49 PM

1,539 posts, read 3,190,627 times
Most definitely snakes for me. Not sure why. Maybe because I grew up in Alaska and we don't have any there. Haven't seen any in southern California in the 2 years I've been here, however I know they are around. I assume I may see some when I move to Dallas in the future. Guess I will just have to figure out a way to deal!

Old 03-06-2009, 09:53 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,433,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwguydc View Post

All clowns are evil, they are set to feast on your bones. While I can handle the Disney characters, I am pretty sure I can't handle clowns.

Old 03-06-2009, 10:55 PM

985 posts, read 2,600,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aptor hours View Post
I will not/cannot light a normal match or lighter although I have started lighting those big long matches so I can light my own candles if we have those in the house My sister is the same way though which is strange
LOL Believe it or not when I use to smoke, I'd have to get someone else to light my cigs. And yes, I do realize the irony in having pyrophobia and being a smoker. When I was younger I always thought it would've been hilarious if I ended up dating a pyromaniac.

Old 03-06-2009, 11:14 PM

1,243 posts, read 2,687,642 times
balloons. not the mylar ones...the plain old rubber ones. and I cannot stand to hear them pop or that sound when they rub together.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships