Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2009, 10:05 PM

3,440 posts, read 8,040,288 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda0808 View Post
Just taking an informal poll. Do you guys like when a girl dresses conservatively and leaves a lot to the imagination? Do you like a playful and/or flirty dresser? Do you like someone who dresses sexy?
I will give you my 2 cents Amanda, for the first or last date I will always be a sucker for a women in nice sandals and good manicured feet. I could care less if her shoes are Jimmy choo's like my last GF but if you want to waste money; as long as it's not mine; go for it.

As far as clothes; just like the other poster said I just want her to be herself but I would hope that our styles match and complement each other.

In my humble opinion, way to many people do the whole jeans, T shirt and flipflops for everything! This hole underclass of dress styles is now pervasive throughout our society and I find it disheartening at times because it reflects the mental state collectively.

I wish I grew up in the 50's when men and women would dress classy. Wow, I was around a women like that and she was from England and boy did I feel so proud to be with such a classy woman!

http://blog.julie-ann.com/wp-content...rilynpolka.jpg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2009, 10:17 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,958,318 times
Quote:
I do agree that it should be event appropriate. But what if you're going to a casual bar with lots of young people?
Something form fitting would be fine. If its flattering to her body then I all for it.

I think that pretty much will sum up what most young guys would want and LIKE for a women to wear on a date. If its flattering to her form then we likey. If its all baggy and loose fitting or very conservative then we dont like as much. Thing is, we want the woman to look good/sexy.

Old 03-06-2009, 11:12 PM

3,467 posts, read 8,143,924 times
Definitely depends on the event, weather, time of year... I'm also a "mood" dresser, meaning it all depends on how I feel that day.
I tend to wear dresses on dates a lot. Jeans feel too "everyday". Even if it's really casual I am more likely to wear a jean mini skirt or a sun dress. My style is kind of quirky and I use it as an opportunity to say something about myself since I am reserved in general & somewhat hard to get to know.

I've had dates where we just played pool & got pizza and I wore dark jeans then, but I also wore ballet flats and a feminine top and jewelry. The only time I've worn my converse sneakers & blue jeans on a date was to D-land.

Also, my idea of sexy is not some unimaginative tight, cleavage-baring outfit. I like more elegant or artfully daring clothes, which men either get or they don't. The men who don't are usually not very bright & not worth my time anyway.

Old 03-06-2009, 11:44 PM

11,087 posts, read 17,542,940 times
I always wanted her to wear what she felt comfortable in.

Old 06-16-2009, 09:52 PM

6 posts, read 11,800 times
Default i agree...dressing down has gone too far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphous01 View Post
I will give you my 2 cents Amanda, for the first or last date I will always be a sucker for a women in nice sandals and good manicured feet. I could care less if her shoes are Jimmy choo's like my last GF but if you want to waste money; as long as it's not mine; go for it.

As far as clothes; just like the other poster said I just want her to be herself but I would hope that our styles match and complement each other.

In my humble opinion, way to many people do the whole jeans, T shirt and flipflops for everything! This hole underclass of dress styles is now pervasive throughout our society and I find it disheartening at times because it reflects the mental state collectively.

I wish I grew up in the 50's when men and women would dress classy. Wow, I was around a women like that and she was from England and boy did I feel so proud to be with such a classy woman!

http://blog.julie-ann.com/wp-content...rilynpolka.jpg
I love that era too...Ladies didn't leave the house without a hat and gentlemen took theirs' off when they entered a building--Manners and politeness= Class. I went on a date recently to Carrabba's--It was a blind date set up by a friend who said this guy was a "professional". I always dress nicely for dinner even if I am only going out ALONE! Since this was a first date I wanted to feel extra special so I bought a new dress and shoes. I took extra time getting ready. My date? Although he was decent looking, he showed up in a t-shirt, jeans, and a ball cap that he didn't take off ALL DURING DINNER! I had to stare at a 39 yo man who had on a ball cap! I try to be open-minded but I think a gentleman should remove his hat around a lady--ESPECIALLY WHILE EATING. This is why I am alone--and shall stay as such. Here in the South, they may say "ma'am" but other civilities are lost on most.

Old 06-16-2009, 09:56 PM

2,984 posts, read 5,857,088 times
Quote:
Just taking an informal poll. Do you guys like when a girl dresses conservatively and leaves a lot to the imagination? Do you like a playful and/or flirty dresser? Do you like someone who dresses sexy?
It all depends of the date. If it is just dinner and a movie, jeans and nice top are fine. If it’s a fine restaurant and a club later a sexy black dress is prefect.

Old 06-17-2009, 01:59 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,658,013 times
Conservative--in fact, jeans and a T-shirt is just fine. No need to dress up.

Old 06-17-2009, 02:04 AM

4,271 posts, read 8,173,552 times
Something they feel comfortable in.

My gf, our first date, had on a cute halter top type thing, nice jeans, and sandals. Looked pretty cute.

Old 06-17-2009, 02:06 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
not necessary but well dressed a must. please if we discuss and you know im showing up in a suit dont wear your paint clothes with intention to change later.

Old 06-17-2009, 09:01 AM

78,414 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
The 3 wolves howling shirt is pretty hawt!

Seriously though, I like a gal to look a little sexy\flirty...but sometimes that can be acheived by dressing conservatively....depends on the outfit and more importantly how she wears it, acts, carries herself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships