U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 03-10-2009, 05:48 AM

2,251 posts, read 3,176,710 times
Of course. But it takes effort to look good. I have days where I know I just don't look as good, sometimes it's dark circles under the eyes, or I just feel less healthy, you know, that sorta thing. But I've always been pretty honest about what I think of myself as far as looks, I knew when I wasn't good looking, probably a lot of people have that awkward phase, and then when I was able to put a lot of work into fixing physical shortcomings and making myself better looking, it was pretty noticeable quickly, I mean then I got girls hitting on me, which was totally new to me, and had no problems talking to hot girls and at least getting the time of day

I think only girls are super insecure about their looks. Some really good looking girls somehow still don't think they are good looking, which is so weird.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2009, 06:33 PM

536 posts, read 688,388 times
i don't think i'm god awful ugly but i have been told that i'm beautiful on the inside...i think that says it all

Old 03-10-2009, 06:41 PM

526 posts, read 1,247,464 times
Based on reactions I get from men and women-yes, I am attractive. However, I know how to clean up well. I think I look god-awful without makeup. A little makeup, hair, smile, and clothes to show off my curves and I am set.

I don't think I am pretty or beautiful. I think there is a difference.

Old 03-10-2009, 07:38 PM

832 posts, read 1,018,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by applejuice View Post
Based on reactions I get from men and women-yes, I am attractive. However, I know how to clean up well. I think I look god-awful without makeup. A little makeup, hair, smile, and clothes to show off my curves and I am set.

I don't think I am pretty or beautiful. I think there is a difference.
Photo?

Old 03-10-2009, 07:46 PM

7,545 posts, read 8,497,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanLB View Post
I think only girls are super insecure about their looks. Some really good looking girls somehow still don't think they are good looking, which is so weird.
I think that's right--I've met some men who think they're still hot even when they're 100 lbs overweight, but don't know any women who would think so--most of us don't think we'll be hot until we lose that last 5 lbs, and another 5 lbs just to be sure.

Old 03-10-2009, 08:21 PM

55 posts, read 80,434 times
I think I'm somewhat attractive. There are times when I think I look really good... and times when i look a hot mess... I'm very modest and would much rather compliment someone else than myself. I appreciate beauty in others much more than I do myself. I've become more confident in my looks as I've gotten older (26 now). I realize everyone sees flaws in themselves and I think my inner beauty will be more important in the long run....

Old 03-10-2009, 08:26 PM

526 posts, read 1,247,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parkerclassof72 View Post
Photo?
Sorry-will not post in a public forum because of my occupation/job.

I guess you will have to take my word

Old 03-10-2009, 09:13 PM

9,606 posts, read 9,379,651 times
I am butt ugly phugly. Fortunately, I always stuff a couple of potatoes down the front of my pants to divert attention from my face. Then I use my favorite pickup line "Hey baby, you want fries with that?" as I look down towards my crotch.

Old 03-10-2009, 09:19 PM

29,769 posts, read 18,099,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhladik12 View Post
I think I'm somewhat attractive. There are times when I think I look really good... and times when i look a hot mess... I'm very modest and would much rather compliment someone else than myself. I appreciate beauty in others much more than I do myself. I've become more confident in my looks as I've gotten older (26 now). I realize everyone sees flaws in themselves and I think my inner beauty will be more important in the long run....
Everything is relative in terms of "older".
I have an ex-gf that did commercial modeling at times up until around age 32ish and even at 42 was smoking hot even though she'd changed a bit here and there. (I'm absolutely not superficial about stuff like a little extra chub or sag, stretch etc. which is a good thing as I age too).

You will look back in 15 years and say "why didn't I think I was gorgeous when I was 26?" Don't be too hard on yourself.

Good for you in being more confident. Confidence is both sexy and good for you soul in terms of finding someone that will think you are just the best thing going on.

Old 03-11-2009, 07:39 PM

167 posts, read 308,414 times
I am just average. At 34 am losing my face but am much more content than in younger years. I look back at old pics and wish I still looked that way sometimes. I still get flirted with often etc but part of that is that I am flirty and fun loving.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships