Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2009, 06:48 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
This question is interesting. It one of those things that are hard to define. What is attractive?? I don't know how to define what makes somone attractive. I've seen hot chicks that were ugly and I've seen plain woman look really attractive.
It's true. Attractive can mean different things to different people. However, there is a certain percentage of people whom the majority finds attractive. Math defines that - symmetric features.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2009, 06:53 PM

4,550 posts, read 11,698,696 times
HOT

Old 03-07-2009, 06:55 PM

1,806 posts, read 5,706,712 times
Huh...

When I was young(er) I was 'striking'...I stood out, even though I did not go to any great length to bring attention to myself. (I'm a stealthy lurker, not the chick on stage shakin' it with the band.) Other people found me variously attractive, by whatever definition. I just relished my unusual features - those which I didn't find disturbing (more of those), because it set me apart in what I thought was a good way.

But I never looked in the mirror and thought I was all that...knew better. It wasn't ever beautiful.

Now I'm older and am adjusting to not being noticed...the key to aging gracefully is getting over yourself. ;)

Old 03-07-2009, 06:57 PM

37,615 posts, read 45,996,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 33458 View Post
the key to aging gracefully is getting over yourself.
I love that! Reps for you.

Old 03-07-2009, 06:57 PM

838 posts, read 1,876,568 times
Sometimes I look in the mirror and say "not too bad", other times I look and say "OMG! WHAT HAPPENED".

I must be charming though; I had so beautiful girlfriends in my life ...married the last one.

Old 03-07-2009, 07:01 PM

4,103 posts, read 7,026,063 times
I don't think I'm unfortunate looking but I definitely don't think I'm attractive.

Old 03-07-2009, 07:09 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,038,202 times
Yeah, I'll probably catch a bunch of flack but most of the time I would place myself into the "hot" category. Sometimes I put myself into the "not" category.

I think I look best when I have my hair and makeup and a nice outfit on. I was talking to a friend the other night and she thought I looked good without makeup and she thought my black hair made me look older. She thought I looked better when I had brown hair. So, now I'm kinda obsessed because I don't want to look older. I've asked some other friends for their honest opinions and pretty much everyone else said I look fine the way I am and that she had a screw loose.

I keep my hair black for ballroom because it is a more dramatic look on the dance floor and it looks more latin for my latin and rhythm dances and a dramatic look for my tango. I've grown very use to having black hair, which enables me to do more dramatic makeup.

Ugh! I'm having a mid-life crisis!!!

Do you guys think I'm obsessing way too much?

Old 03-07-2009, 07:12 PM

4,103 posts, read 7,026,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
Yeah, I'll probably catch a bunch of flack but most of the time I would place myself into the "hot" category. Sometimes I put myself into the "not" category.

I think I look best when I have my hair and makeup and a nice outfit on. I was talking to a friend the other night and she thought I looked good without makeup and she thought my black hair made me look older. She thought I looked better when I had brown hair. So, now I'm kinda obsessed because I don't want to look older. I've asked some other friends for their honest opinions and pretty much everyone else said I look fine the way I am and that she had a screw loose.

I keep my hair black for ballroom because it is a more dramatic look on the dance floor and it looks more latin for my latin and rhythm dances and a dramatic look for my tango. I've grown very use to having black hair, which enables me to do more dramatic makeup.

Ugh! I'm having a mid-life crisis!!!

Do you guys think I'm obsessing way too much?
I think it's cool you feel that way about yourself! I gained a lot of weight when I had the kids and have lost a lot but still have a good 30 pounds to loose so don't feel attractive or my best. It's a work in progress.

Old 03-07-2009, 07:15 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
Quote:
I was talking to a friend the other night and she thought I looked good without makeup and she thought my black hair made me look older.
I've heard black hair makes you look older as well, but I don't believe in it. It just looks good on some women. I'd look ridiculous as a blonde.

Old 03-07-2009, 07:20 PM

838 posts, read 1,876,568 times
Quote:
Yeah, I'll probably catch a bunch of flack but most of the time I would place myself into the "hot" category.

Gonna have to see a photo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships