U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
 
Old 05-17-2009, 12:04 PM
 
Location: Whoville....
22,121 posts, read 16,704,966 times
Reputation: 11620

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waynec613 View Post
While true, that was also part of the gist. Not to mention that the "Civilized" societies have artificial supports in place that remove that as Darwinian currently.

I'm sure the species will solve all of the current issues, and make further bio-engineering breakthroughs from children with increasingly lower IQ's. Sounds a bit backwards to me.

Main issue is we've removed or at least temporarily damned up the stream of that theory being in practice.
You know what? Mother nature doesn't care about bioengineering breakthroughs. She only cares about continuation of the species. There are two roads. People have lots of offspring increasing the odds that some surivive (currently what low IQ people are doing) or have a few you invest a lot in and make sure are off on the right foot (what high IQ people do). If WWIII happens, the low IQ's win by sheer numbers. If we don't, the high IQ's will run the place and make the breakthroughs. Mother nature only cares that we survive.

Sadly, fewer children means we'd be less likely to have WWIII or a pandemic but we don't seem to have the sense to cull our numbers ourselves so, I have no doubt, mother nature will do it for us and then it won't be intelligence that matters. Some will survive and some won't. Those left start over.
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-17-2009, 06:13 PM
 
4,838 posts, read 5,115,768 times
Reputation: 2906
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waynec613 View Post
I dunno about that, but I hear Japan finally got a realistic vagina going. Didn't delve any deeper than the headline (if you'll excuse the pun), so not exactly certain what that means, but *whoohoo* I guess.
That's not genetic engineering -its mechanical engineering! However, it sounds like something else for those whose genetic make up is already fixed. Does it clean up after itself?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-19-2009, 10:36 PM
 
14,755 posts, read 15,006,152 times
Reputation: 8187
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobokenkitchen View Post
We watched an episode of Millionaire Matchmaker. One of the milionaires was a 41 year old single Mother with a young baby. She came across as very nice, self made and she also happened to be absolutely stunningly good looking.
She hadn't been on a date in 3 years and was having trouble with ageist men wanting to date women 10+ years younger than themselves.

The other millionaire was 45 and looking to date someone in their late twenties, early thirties. One of the girls he picked for a mini date literally looked like she could be his daughter.
If you want to look at this equitably, each gender has its turn at "holding the cards." Women hold the cards earlier in life and men hold the cards later in life.

That being said, I personally don't understand why someone would be attracted to someone that is not in their general age bracket. How far could it go? How much is there in common? I've always dated women, and socialized with people, within 5 years either side of me. If there have been exceptions, it's only to socialize... and almost always with co-workers, whose company I enjoy regardless of their age.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-19-2009, 10:44 PM
 
Location: Tucson
42,844 posts, read 54,214,217 times
Reputation: 22787
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
That being said, I personally don't understand why someone would be attracted to someone that is not in their general age bracket. How far could it go? How much is there in common? I've always dated women, and socialized with people, within 5 years either side of me. If there have been exceptions, it's only to socialize... and almost always with co-workers, whose company I enjoy regardless of their age.
That's because you're ISTJ!
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-19-2009, 11:32 PM
 
4 posts, read 5,021 times
Reputation: 15
I think most men are affraid of getting involved with women who have children,, women over a certain age have probably had one or more children..
They don't want to get involved, and have to take over the care and responsabilities for those kids.
I have refused to date a guy with kids because i did not want to get involved with his ex wife...
hope that helps!
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-20-2009, 01:01 AM
 
14,755 posts, read 15,006,152 times
Reputation: 8187
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatsthedifference View Post
I think most men are affraid of getting involved with women who have children,, women over a certain age have probably had one or more children..
They don't want to get involved, and have to take over the care and responsabilities for those kids.
I have refused to date a guy with kids because i did not want to get involved with his ex wife...
The dynamics would be uncomfortable...you will most likely never get their loyalty. Most of these situations are bad instead of good...consider that most nuclear families fail, instead of succeed, at childrearing. And then, as you say, the ex will always be in the picture.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-21-2009, 05:25 AM
 
Location: Naptowne, Alaska
14,943 posts, read 25,074,732 times
Reputation: 13125
Who cares what the age diff is between couples? Half of you sit here and judge others...and your single!
Anyone that avoids a member of the opposite sex because they have a child, or they are more than 2-4-6-8 years older/younger, the hair is wrong color, too tall, too short, not enough bank, wears the wrong clothes blah blah blah...deserves to be single.

Your just gonna live a long lonely life, mad at the world because you have all these hangups and wonder why you can't find a date or a mate.
My wife is half my age. And yet...she is more of a woman than my ex who was a couple years younger than me...and the handfull of girlfriends I've had over the years, that were a couple years older or younger.
I truly feel sorry for folks that are the first to point out things like ages or looks etc of others...and in the very next breath complain they can't find a date. And I'm not talking about just CD members...I know many, friends included, that live in my area. Some I've known for years, and they still have not changed. They still can't get a date either.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-21-2009, 08:21 AM
 
Location: New Milford, NJ
1,448 posts, read 1,993,946 times
Reputation: 966
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
Who cares what the age diff is between couples? Half of you sit here and judge others...and your single!
Anyone that avoids a member of the opposite sex because they have a child, or they are more than 2-4-6-8 years older/younger, the hair is wrong color, too tall, too short, not enough bank, wears the wrong clothes blah blah blah...deserves to be single.

Your just gonna live a long lonely life, mad at the world because you have all these hangups and wonder why you can't find a date or a mate.
My wife is half my age. And yet...she is more of a woman than my ex who was a couple years younger than me...and the handfull of girlfriends I've had over the years, that were a couple years older or younger.
I truly feel sorry for folks that are the first to point out things like ages or looks etc of others...and in the very next breath complain they can't find a date. And I'm not talking about just CD members...I know many, friends included, that live in my area. Some I've known for years, and they still have not changed. They still can't get a date either.

I have to agree..I'm not sure where some people get their ideas from, for example that if they get involved with someone with kids they're gonna have to take over the responsibility of that child. I take care of my son and myself, and don't need anyone else to do it or take over, thank you. They also automatically assume that they're gonna end up putting up with some sort of drama from the ex. Not true. I hate drama or fighting of any kind, and have worked hard to minimize that in my life. My ex and I get along just fine, no drama or fighting, no baggage as far as I'm concerned. I have found that age doesn't matter as much as what kind of person you are. My ex is 6 months older and, although there is no hate in my heart for him, I could never imagine myself as having stayed with him, his immaturity will never change...
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top