Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2010, 04:30 AM

128 posts, read 403,278 times

Advertisements

My sister in law hated her ex husband but during a moment of weakness during their separation they had sex. They were not yet divorced at that time but legally separated. During that one time "night of passion and hate" my sister in law got pregnant. On the date that she officially found out that she was pregnant she and her ex husband were now officially divorced and fighting like cats and dogs.

The sister in law now has custody of the children including the child conceived in their poor choice night of passion when they were legally separated. Neither of the have much love for the kid because of how he was brought into the world and the poor choices they made having unprotected sex after they were separated.

Is this common? Kids that are ignored because the parents had them when they hated each other. They view the child as illegitimate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2010, 04:43 AM

3,993 posts, read 8,924,998 times
Sadly, it seems some kids are ignored, no matter what state of relationship they're born into

Old 04-29-2010, 04:48 AM

7,005 posts, read 21,332,413 times
Regardless of it all, the child is their resposibility and shouldn't be held accountable for their irresponsiblity. If they hate each other then allelluyah! They should not hate this child just because of the way he was concieved.

Old 04-29-2010, 04:57 AM

1,823 posts, read 1,881,511 times
The child is innocent . Its better they act human than animal ..sorry if i offended ..but if, god forbid i ever had such situation .. i'd give full support and care to the child and raise him/her as a father .. the differences between us (Me & My wife)remains between us .. ofcourse the child deserves more than just that .well sadly when the time comes people usually over react to such quagmire .

Old 04-29-2010, 05:03 AM

4,344 posts, read 5,796,540 times
I agree with the above posters. One thing though, is if the father is saying the child is not his, once a DNA test is done, he would also have to support the child..

Old 04-29-2010, 05:20 AM

10,364 posts, read 20,794,697 times
It sounds like both need some serious counseling before they damage the child any further. Their disregard for the baby could rub off on the siblings too and cause them to be cruel towards the child. That is a sick situation.

Old 04-29-2010, 06:28 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,691,178 times
You have the most remarkable family and set of coworkers.

Old 04-29-2010, 07:40 AM

36,505 posts, read 30,847,571 times
Quote:
Is this common? Kids that are ignored because the parents had them when they hated each other. They view the child as illegitimate.

I dont know about those reasons, but from the majority of post from men on the mandatory DNA and single mom threads it seems as tho it is common for men to reject kids. I would think less likely for women. In this situation it might be similar to the way some women feel about their children from a rape. They should have put the child up for adoption if they could feel no love for it.

Old 04-29-2010, 08:40 AM

3,993 posts, read 8,924,998 times
You should see the way many of the kids around my area are treated by their mothers !!

I don't know why they had them, I don't know if they did it to get housing, or if they were just too stupid, or ignorant to know about contraception ?

Honestly, the way some of them talk to their kids is disgusting. They curse at them, they drag them about, and they just throw them out of the door in the morning, then bring them back in the evening to use them as a stress toy.

Lets just say that Fathers' day is not really celebrated in this town. You can draw your own conclusions from that.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
I dont know about those reasons, but from the majority of post from men on the mandatory DNA and single mom threads it seems as tho it is common for men to reject kids. I would think less likely for women. In this situation it might be similar to the way some women feel about their children from a rape. They should have put the child up for adoption if they could feel no love for it.

Old 04-29-2010, 08:46 AM

36,505 posts, read 30,847,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobman View Post
You should see the way many of the kids around my area are treated by their mothers !!

I don't know why they had them, I don't know if they did it to get housing, or if they were just too stupid, or ignorant to know about contraception ?

Honestly, the way some of them talk to their kids is disgusting. They curse at them, they drag them about, and they just throw them out of the door in the morning, then bring them back in the evening to use them as a stress toy.

Lets just say that Fathers' day is not really celebrated in this town. You can draw your own conclusions from that.........

Yeah, I see that too. You must know my ex DIL.
I see each extremes from both mothers and fathers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships