Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2009, 01:49 PM

5,324 posts, read 6,100,273 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubber_factory View Post
Holy hell man... if you're that ugly, just start at the bottom , go find the ugliest girl in your town, and work from there. Everybody's gotta learn whether they're in the majors or playing single-A ball.
I dont know if im that ugly or not but if they havent tried to set me up at all then i guess iam ugly..

Old 03-12-2009, 01:54 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,727,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
I dont know if im that ugly or not but if they havent tried to set me up at all then i guess iam ugly..
Well, just keep sitting on your ass waiting for your friends to drop a live one right in front of you. You'll eventually figure out what works and what doesn't.

Old 03-12-2009, 01:55 PM

8,518 posts, read 15,639,558 times
JBT1980,

I'm also 5'8" and I'm sure there are women out there who pass me over just because of my height. But I don't let it bother me the way it seems to bother you. We all have things about ourselves we may not like, but we can't change them. One thing I've never done though is what you're doing and that's complain about the standards other people have. You need to quit worrying about women are holding against you and make due with what you have. We have all our good and bad qualities. Highlight your good ones and don't dwell on your bad ones.

Old 03-12-2009, 02:00 PM

3,032 posts, read 8,919,868 times
Quote:
All that be confident with yourself and what you look like is all good motviational talk but in reality women have to like what you look like ultimately and if they dont then your screwed..
Okay fine. Be a defeatist and be alone your whole life because you can't find it in you to like yourself. We've told you why you're getting rejected, and you either aren't listening or you don't believe us.

Good luck with your self-loathing.

Old 03-12-2009, 02:40 PM

13,768 posts, read 38,191,933 times
I have cleaned this thread up. Calling ppl names is not allowed on this forum.
If you don't want to help the OP then don't post pretty simple.

Be civil, no personal attacks, flaming, or insults. We may attack ideas (politely) but we do not attack the speaker of the idea. Be careful with your words, there is a point where being direct crosses a line into blunt, in-your-face hostility. Please, report bad posts instead of engaging in flame wars on the boards. Insulting another member or a moderator will not be tolerated anywhere on this website. This includes Direct Messages and Reputation Comments.

Last edited by Keeper; 03-12-2009 at 03:46 PM..

Old 03-12-2009, 10:25 PM

900 posts, read 1,702,011 times
I think 5'8" is just fine, height is so unimportant. (I am a short woman by the way) and happy like that (about 5'1" ) Not all women will screen you out due to height. Im not familiar with dating sites, but you can respond to women , they can't block you from responding, right? How old are U OP? I do admit when I was younger, I did like taller men, however, even as a young girl (Ive only had 3 boyfriends) , I did date a guy who couldn't have been more than 5'5". As women get older, I think they are less superficial though . Good luck - did you try yahoo personals?

Old 03-12-2009, 10:39 PM

37,608 posts, read 45,978,731 times
Quote:
I tried to join once and im only 5'8 and couldnt get a repsonse because 99% of the women wouldnt date anyoen under 6 feet or with specific color eyes etc
How many people gave you those reasons? Just curious. Simply because someone has such things as their "preferences" does not mean they are a requirement.

Quote:
You would think if you are attempting online datign that means dating for you hasnt gone all that great over the years and youd think you would lower your standards a little no??
Ummm...no. You're making some assumptions that you shouldn't. I use online dating because it is difficult for me to meet people in other ways, due to my lifestyle. I daresay many others have similar reasons.

Lower my standards? Of course not.

Old 03-12-2009, 11:39 PM

3,467 posts, read 8,142,825 times
Because women get A LOT of responses on these sites, if they have an attractive photo anyway. The more you have to pick from, the more choosy you can be.

Try lowering your standards and messaging less attractive women

Old 03-12-2009, 11:42 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,405,055 times
bek even a 1 eyed hunch back has found if they post fake photos and fake info on themselves they will get the attention they craved & never dared to dream of having in person.
been there done that.

Old 03-13-2009, 12:02 AM

670 posts, read 2,114,412 times
Quote:
Okay, JBT1980, what is it (besides your height) that makes you think you're unattractive? Seriously, make a list and look at what's on that list that you can realistically change. If you need braces, get them. If you have bad skin, address it. If you have a lot of body hair in places where you don't want it (ie. back of the neck, a unibrow, nose hair, etc.), practice better grooming habits. If you don't wear shirts and clothes that flatter you, ask a female friend to help you pick out some. So many times I see guys pics online and think to myself, "Why did he wear that grungy offwhite polo shirt that just washes him out when a blue polo shirt would have brought out his eyes?" (I think about these things because I used to be in theatre, lol. It doesn't make me discard the guy, however; I realize guys are sometimes clueless about how to present themselves.)

But seriously, remember the show, "Que*r Eye for the Straight Guy?" Make a realistic assessment and give yourself a head to toe makeover, accepting that while you can't change everything, there are things you can. It doesn't make you shallow or superficial. It just shows that you like yourself and take care of yourself. You can't change your height, and honestly there are women who won't care about that if the rest of the package is there. And if you start liking the outside of yourself better, you'll start feeling better about the inside too. Women do this all the time--we wear makeup, get waxed, even have plastic surgery, all in the quest to feel more attractive and hence, more confident.

And one more piece of advice is don't hesitate to contact women online first. So many of the guys write in their profile that they hope you (the woman reading it) contact them or pick them or something. You'll stand out by being the guy who politely contacts them first, even if means you get rejected sometimes.

Good luck and hang in there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships