Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-17-2009, 04:46 PM

3,975 posts, read 7,690,049 times

Advertisements

I never said anything was wrong with what people like. I just didn't agree with being considered a "fetish". I have a different understanding of the word, I guess. People will have different opinions.
If someone is attracted to me, it would nice to be considered attractive for the right reasons, that I am a person, not my skin color. Sure some men may "prefer" black women, but I consider that a preference, not a "fetish" for black skin. Just as men who love breasts, cleavage, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
You being black,probably have met either a black woman or man that dated only white or visa versa,I'd say that is more preference than a fetish.

While some may have a fetish in the sense that is all they can be turned on by for me as a example have always been a boob lover and voluptuous lover.While I do and can find women not like that attractive there is no denying that a round curvy body with cleevage sets my sensations on fire.And what's wrong with that?...nothing.I like what I like.

Of course the person they are matters also,it is not just her body parts that matter,but there is that physical attraction that does matter.So is it a fetish?,in a loose term yes,in textbook terms no because personality and all that still matter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2009, 05:13 PM

331 posts, read 1,384,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsfangal View Post
I never said anything was wrong with what people like. I just didn't agree with being considered a "fetish". I have a different understanding of the word, I guess. People will have different opinions.
If someone is attracted to me, it would nice to be considered attractive for the right reasons, that I am a person, not my skin color. Sure some men may "prefer" black women, but I consider that a preference, not a "fetish" for black skin. Just as men who love breasts, cleavage, etc.
makes perfect sense to me. I think like an earlier poster said, some people are using the word 'fetish' way too loosely.

Old 03-17-2009, 05:16 PM

331 posts, read 1,384,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boneheaded View Post
Have fun, enjoy your kinks, get crazy, but keep it legit, don't let anything control you.
That last part is the biggest thing, it is a problem when you let a fetish control you, rather than the other way around.

Old 03-17-2009, 05:36 PM

13,601 posts, read 21,385,992 times
Quote:
I know what you are saying,and agreed that a person should be judged as a person not as a "fetish".I'm just saying when someone considers you attractive for the "right" reasons part of that reason will be visual more than likely.

Old 03-17-2009, 05:37 PM

355 posts, read 814,648 times
Of course we do. For the sake of definition, a "fetish" is an object that is not considered to be sexual from a mainstream perspective.

For example, if you wear leather or latex and get off on it, the leather and latex are the fetish.

I think people who don't have fetishes are weird, so that pretty much tells you where I'm coming from

Old 03-17-2009, 05:43 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,394,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boneheaded View Post
Have fun, enjoy your kinks, get crazy, but keep it legit, don't let anything control you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicwriter View Post
That last part is the biggest thing, it is a problem when you let a fetish control you, rather than the other way around.
Easier said than done when you have a fetish...hence having a fetish.

I think it's rather difficult for some people to understand when they don't have a fetish themselves.

Old 03-17-2009, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicwriter View Post
makes perfect sense to me. I think like an earlier poster said, some people are using the word 'fetish' way too loosely.
When I refer to fetish, I'm referring to sexual deviances.

A short list: The Fetish List

Old 03-17-2009, 05:54 PM

Quote:
If feet and breasts can be objectified, then why not skin color?

Of course we all want people to be attracted to us "for us", but the fact remains that there are people who focus on specific traits and get off on it...in fact they need that trait to get off.

Old 03-17-2009, 05:54 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,379,099 times
yes fat man waddling all in black with thinning hair slicked back. im tellin ya that is just as good as it gets, next best thing if you are male is rosie o'donnell.

Old 03-17-2009, 05:59 PM

4,103 posts, read 7,023,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Cat View Post
My secret fetish is...

women's chunky arms and chunky thighs.
Heh, you'd have a field day with me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships