Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2009, 09:34 AM

3,047 posts, read 9,030,188 times

Advertisements

This goes out to all of you who are of have been in a relationship that started great and you were smart enough to practice safe sex. My question is, at what point do you get rid of the [mod cut] and enjoy sex like it was meant to be? What do you do to prepare yourself, and your partner, for this? Do you just come out and say during dinner, do you have herpes? What's the best way to go about do this?

Last edited by mrstewart; 03-13-2009 at 01:26 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2009, 09:47 AM

3,722 posts, read 4,307,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by At1WithNature View Post
This goes out to all of you who are or have been in a relationship that started great and you were smart enough to practice safe sex. My question is, at what point do you get rid of the rubber and enjoy sex like it was meant to be? What do you do to prepare yourself, and your partner, for this? Do you just come out and say during dinner, do you have herpes? What's the best way to go about do this?
I can really see Sienfeld doing a show on this. If I ever had to write a show for them it would be around this subject.

Back to your question. Both partners should go together and get checked and read each others results non? I guess this happens round about the time both decide they want to be exclusive.

Old 03-13-2009, 10:13 AM

78,335 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:
This goes out to all of you who are or have been in a relationship that started great and you were smart enough to practice safe sex. My question is, at what point do you get rid of the rubber and enjoy sex like it was meant to be? What do you do to prepare yourself, and your partner, for this? Do you just come out and say during dinner, do you have herpes? What's the best way to go about do this?
Exclusive is a given.
Both should be tested or should have basically an iron-clad situation.

My last gf got tested (since her prior partner may have cheated on her) and I didn't...but I'd been monogamous for 15 years and celibate for 2 years so she said I didn't need to be tested when I offered.
I know her well enough that I'm 100% sure I'm still safe but would be happy to get tested if I got a new partner.

Old 03-13-2009, 10:45 AM

22,143 posts, read 19,198,797 times
Quote:
at what point do you get rid of the rubber and enjoy sex like it was meant to be? What do you do to prepare yourself, and your partner, for this? Do you just come out and say during dinner, do you have herpes? What's the best way to go about do this?
Unless you want to risk your life, these must be in place:

You are monogamous, and agree to stay that way.
Your partner is monogamous, and agrees to stay that way.
You TRUST that your partner is really actually being monogamous
You TRUST that your partner will actually tell you if they are with someone else, so you can protect your health and not continue to put your life at risk.
You are willing to give your partner a sexual history, at the very least when last sexual contact was with anyone else. Preferable to also know number and gender of partners in lifetime.
You trust she is telling you the truth.

You get a full panel testing for STDs. It is not one test, it is a series of tests, some are blood tests, some are urine. If you only get one test, it is NOT complete. You get tested not only for HIV and herpes, but also for syphillis, gonorrhea, HPV, chlamydia. You ask your health care provider or whoever is doing the testing what all the tests are for every single STD, and when they need to be done based on how recently last sexual contact was with someone.

Your partner does the same, has the same series of tests, and has them done not anonymously, but with her name and date on them, and provides you with the printed results. You do the same for her.

Bottom line if you are not willing to do this, and if she is not willing to do this, every single step of it, and if you don't trust her on every single point on this list, then you are playing with death.

Last edited by Tzaphkiel; 03-13-2009 at 10:54 AM..

Old 03-13-2009, 10:50 AM

1,226 posts, read 2,797,342 times
Quote:

Holy **** I nearly fell out of my chair. Reading this. This kind of thing should have crossed your mind way before you ever put the mod cut on! I am 31 have had 12 "partners" started at 13. I have never once had a disease. I have been tested with ever physical annually and not once even crabs. Be more careful in your choice then when you two are committed and moving towards a ring have the conversation and see where she is at about kids. Way too much at stake here Bro.

Last edited by mrstewart; 03-13-2009 at 01:24 PM..

Old 03-13-2009, 10:51 AM

3,722 posts, read 4,307,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DimSumRaja View Post
Unless you want to risk your life, these must be in place:

You are monogamous, and agree to stay that way.
Your partner is monogamous, and agrees to stay that way.
You TRUST that your partner is really actually being monogamous
You TRUST that your partner will actually tell you if they are with someone else, so you can protect your health and not continue to put your life at risk.

That is a full panel testing for STDs. It is not one test, it is a series of tests. You get tested not only for HIV and herpes, but also for syphillis, gonorrhea, HPV, chlamydia.

Your partner has the same series of tests, and has them done not anonymously, but with her name and date on them, and provides you with the printed results. You do the same for her.

Bottom line if you are not willing to do this, and if she is not willing to do this, every single step of it, and if you don't trust her on every single point on this list, then you are playing with death.
I thought herpes was hard to detect. Basically you just wait for a sore to show up.

Old 03-13-2009, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raggy dee Ann View Post
I thought herpes was hard to detect. Basically you just wait for a sore to show up.
It is tricky, because a lot of people "assume" it is included in other tests. It is not. Also a person can be a carrier of herpes, and transmit it to other people, without ever having had an outbreak themselves. They "think" they're clean and safe, but they can be passing it along to everyone they sleep with.

Old 03-13-2009, 12:14 PM

647 posts, read 2,082,768 times
Quote:
This goes out to all of you who are or have been in a relationship that started great and you were smart enough to practice safe sex. My question is, at what point do you get rid of the [modcut] and enjoy sex like it was meant to be? What do you do to prepare yourself, and your partner, for this? Do you just come out and say during dinner, do you have herpes? What's the best way to go about do this?
Probably the BEST way to go about this is to for two people to be virgins when they get married to each other.

Last edited by mrstewart; 03-13-2009 at 01:25 PM..

Old 03-13-2009, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatwave13 View Post
Probably the BEST way to go about this is to for two people to be virgins when they get married to each other.
LOL that is fine when you are 14 or 17 or 19. It is totally unrealistic and impractical for the 70 years following that, which is the marjority of your life.

it is unrealistic for most people to only have 1 sexual partner their whole life, and also have that one person be the first person they ever had sex with. That is fantasy land and does not apply to most of the people on this planet during their 80 years of life.

and even if you are both "virgins when you got married" you would still need to take a sexual history, trust that you and your partner are both truthful, trust that you and your partner both stay truthful, and trust that you and your partner both stay monogamous.

Sounds good in theory, and totally not rooted in reality.

Old 03-13-2009, 01:23 PM

158 posts, read 604,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heatwave13 View Post
I agree and was about to say the same thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships