Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2009, 08:29 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,661,952 times

Advertisements

100%, then...it is! I`ll tell her that! Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2009, 08:43 PM

5,612 posts, read 15,113,639 times
While job-hunting itself is a job, if he's home most of the time he should pick up some house chores. And if she's working full-time, he should be doing half of the housework.

I would tell him if he wants to be a househusband, he should act like it and clean the house. Pull the kid out of day care. I think he'll find a job quickly.

Old 03-13-2009, 08:43 PM

1,851 posts, read 3,398,851 times
I agree with the 100/100. Even better, it's what can be given by each partner at any given moment in the marriage/relationship. Sometimes it's 60/40; 70/30. But each should always strive to give 100%!

Old 03-14-2009, 07:25 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,693,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Some say it should be 100/100. I kinda like that.
I've never heard it said that way before ... I like it!

Old 03-14-2009, 08:36 AM

8,228 posts, read 14,216,228 times
Default Yes but

Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
I agree. If you're at home and don't work, the home should be taken care of.
I've watched so many home mothers who have to work 24/7 while the hubbie completely quits after he comes home. How is that fair?

Scenario....hubby comes home to clean house, clean kids, things pretty organized, he's watching tv on couch with toddlers playing in front of tv while wife is in kitchen fixing dinner.....toddlers start beating on each other with plastic toys and start to howl.....hubby yells....."Wife! the kids are howling!" and expects her to leave fixing him dinner and come take care of the kids because "that's her job". Uh uh.
If she has been busy all days with toddlers, cleaning, running errands, etc. when he gets home it reverts to 50/50 getting done whatever else needs to get done.

I've seen the scenario play out soooo many times.

Old 03-14-2009, 04:49 PM

1,243 posts, read 2,687,642 times
When my husband was between jobs for a few weeks...he spent 7 hrs networking and sending out resumes...job seeking...the house was clean and more often than not dinner was ready when I got home. He'd usually play his drums for a while and run the dogs too.
While i was relieved and happy he went back to work.....I missed my spotless kitchen and dinner....

Old 03-14-2009, 06:06 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,661,952 times
Yes...I think its what you want to make of it. If you care at all about the marriage, or relationship, then the other will try to put effort, or at least, I would hope so.
I will try to convenience her to keep her eyes open. Thanks!

Old 03-14-2009, 08:31 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,533,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giesela View Post
I've watched so many home mothers who have to work 24/7 while the hubbie completely quits after he comes home. How is that fair?

Scenario....hubby comes home to clean house, clean kids, things pretty organized, he's watching tv on couch with toddlers playing in front of tv while wife is in kitchen fixing dinner.....toddlers start beating on each other with plastic toys and start to howl.....hubby yells....."Wife! the kids are howling!" and expects her to leave fixing him dinner and come take care of the kids because "that's her job". Uh uh.
If she has been busy all days with toddlers, cleaning, running errands, etc. when he gets home it reverts to 50/50 getting done whatever else needs to get done.

I've seen the scenario play out soooo many times.
How is it fair? If she had to work she'd come home to housework and childcare too. She has less work than she'd have as a working mom even doing it all at home. He should have less work too. So it is fair. She has 45 more hours a week at home because he makes it possible for her not to work. Given she'd do half of what she does now if she worked full time, she's working a lot less than she would be if he didn't provide for her and he's handing her 45 extra hours a week to do it in. Shouldn't he get a break too?

I've never understood why women think it's fair for them to quit providing for their families financially, leaving that entire burden to their husbands and then whine when he thinks she should do his half of the housework. If he's doing your half of the wage earning, of course you should do his half of the housework. She gets to give up a full time job, shouldn't he get to give up his second shift at home? All she is picking up is the half of the housework he'd do if she worked. She'd do her half on top of a full time job if she did work.

Old 03-14-2009, 08:38 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,351,440 times
I am not sure why there is surprise here. Studies repeatedly show that even when both people work, the woman usually still picks up most of the household chores and deals with the childcare. This bears out in almost every relationship I see, as well.

I think everyone should bring something to the table in a relationship of approximately equal value. Something to look for before you marry.

Old 03-14-2009, 08:42 PM

668 posts, read 2,186,769 times
Yea, you give her "her half" and she takes "your half"... Seems fair to me ROTFLOL!!!
Lets face it, the Father has no 'rights' in any Court in our Nation and its almost an impossibility to get your Kids or even custody of your kids, because all the Wife has to say is "child abuse" or something similar, (whether its true or not, and its often not), you lose!

We have no say in whether she can impregnate herself with your sperm if its frozen, and you have to pay, (even if you changed your mind years before, as long as there are Courts, your left with your pants dropped to the floor and naked to the World!).
You have no 'rights' if she decides to have an abortion and kill your kids...
You have no cottin pickin rights at all... Its just the way it is in America...Land of the free and home of the Brave LOL!

May the LORD Bless each of you.

I wish you well...

Jesse
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships