Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2011, 08:53 PM

3,573 posts, read 6,465,163 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
I usually end up talking to everyone and if I'm not talking to them I am making eye contact and smiling...they probably think I'm creepy! haha!
Me too! I talk to everyone. I sometimes talk to people and realize that they have given me a "look" and then realize that they think I'm trying to pick them up. Jeez, can't anyone be friendly anymore?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2011, 08:56 PM

52,006 posts, read 52,457,444 times
Someone dug up this old corpse........ it's almost 2 yrs old........

Old 03-09-2011, 09:13 PM

343 posts, read 523,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf111 View Post
like that setuation...
-- make big smile with only couple molars and being cockeydly my eyes.
ha.ha.ha
Yes, and with this important message.

Old 03-09-2011, 09:42 PM

1,100 posts, read 3,007,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
When I was at the grocery store yesterday I was in line and when I turned around there was the young woman maybe 23, she was very pretty and dressed in a nice little sundress and she had a nice pleasant looking face. When I saw her I smiled at her, not a pervey trying to pick you up type of smile. Well she kind of looks at me like back off old man. I'm like WTH. While I'm no Brad Pitt, I'm certainly not an lecherous ugly old man. So I kind of just look away. This got me to thinking about the ladies here on the forum.

So my question to you ladies is how do you respond when a guy makes eye contact or smiles at you. Do you act polite or act snobby like that one at the grocery store did.

BTW Mrs Chow says she's polite and smiles back.
I agree with Mrs. Chow!

Old 03-10-2011, 10:08 AM

3,588 posts, read 5,716,877 times
I would smile back. Respectful male attention is always nice to receive.

Old 03-10-2011, 10:16 AM

25,080 posts, read 16,303,130 times
Quote:
When I was at the grocery store yesterday I was in line and when I turned around there was the young woman maybe 23, she was very pretty and dressed in a nice little sundress and she had a nice pleasant looking face. When I saw her I smiled at her, not a pervey trying to pick you up type of smile. Well she kind of looks at me like back off old man. I'm like WTH. While I'm no Brad Pitt, I'm certainly not an lecherous ugly old man. So I kind of just look away. This got me to thinking about the ladies here on the forum.

So my question to you ladies is how do you respond when a guy makes eye contact or smiles at you. Do you act polite or act snobby like that one at the grocery store did.

I agree with Mrs Chow especially since she has her man. I am single and sometimes take it a step further, I lick my lips and give 'em a come hither look especially if it's an old man- I might even lick my tongue out and wag it just a little They really appreciate it I love the opportunity to flirt

Old 03-10-2011, 12:38 PM

499 posts, read 890,912 times
i wouldn't smile back to a stranger.

Old 03-10-2011, 12:48 PM

334 posts, read 527,997 times
I always smile back, whether he's old, young, handsome, not so handsome, neatly groomed, scruffy, clean or dirty, or whatever....

Now if he's giving me that lustful, nasty, perverted lick-your-lips-while-trying-to-imagine-me-with-my-clothes-off glare, I'll frown up, roll my eyes and groan audibly.

Old 03-10-2011, 01:33 PM

78,013 posts, read 60,221,209 times
Quote:

Some young gals, especially pretty ones get hassled so often that you can't even look at them without them looking at you as if you'd just offered them candy from your white van with out of state plates.

This is probably why young gals seem to like me (and I'm not intending that to mean romantically), I don't date "young" and therefore I guess give them some sort of vibe that I don't give a crap about them in "that way".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships