Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2011, 07:30 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakaFlocka View Post
After reading another post from another thread, I'd have to say a woman expecting the man to pay for the first 3-5 dates to be high maintenance.
It's also conservative thinking. But think about it wouldn't you want to get your wife's bill at a restaurant? And in the past I was asked if I would go dutch or pay for lunch then he would pay for dinner.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2011, 07:37 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,779,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
I am high maintenance at times. Not always.
At one point or another a women require maintenance and attention. Sometimes more, sometimes less. That doesn't always make them high maintenance.

Old 09-04-2011, 07:52 AM

2,994 posts, read 5,772,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Inspired by a reference on another thread. I always see guys refer to this, but I'm never really certain what they mean, as many different meanings can be attached to that term.

So what do you consider to be a high-maintenance woman?

And is that a turn-ON, or a turn-OFF for you?
To me it means : She likes (and usually expects) having a good time that requires spending alot of money....at someone elses expense.

Old 09-04-2011, 07:16 PM

366 posts, read 774,976 times
Default When she looks hotter than a fire cracker on the 4th of July

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Inspired by a reference on another thread. I always see guys refer to this, but I'm never really certain what they mean, as many different meanings can be attached to that term.

So what do you consider to be a high-maintenance woman?

And is that a turn-ON, or a turn-OFF for you?
If you're lucky enough to have a woman that looks like Christine Mendoza, then total high maintenance is well worth the pleasure, I'd say.

Old 09-04-2011, 07:25 PM

1,833 posts, read 2,509,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
It's also conservative thinking. But think about it wouldn't you want to get your wife's bill at a restaurant? And in the past I was asked if I would go dutch or pay for lunch then he would pay for dinner.

If it's my wife, then the money is OUR money.

Old 09-04-2011, 10:00 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,996,352 times
So copy paste from the thread I stuck this in...

What does a high maintenance woman meen to me?

Several things.

She spends far too much time messing with her hair, or always having to put on make up for ANYTHING and EVERYTHING. Hey we're just going to go to the grocery today but you still had to spend 2 hours in the bathroom playing with make up and twirling your hair into something I probably don't care about..

When I have to buy her hugely expensive merchandise just to make her happy, almost weekly, or I have to always take her out to eat to really expensive restarants. I get it, I enjoy eating at expensive restaurants too, but not 4+ times a damn week.

Always being needy. Oh my god why are you tugging on my shirt or pants like a little child trying to get my attention all the time? For the love of God please do not call me every hour on the hour asking me where I'm at. All this will do is drive me away from you. I get it you want me in your life. I want to be in your life, just don't drive me away with too much at once!

Now, every person in the world has high maintenance times and there's a difference between being it once and a while and being it every single day of your livable life. That's what I'm talking about here, every day.

Old 09-04-2011, 10:36 PM

7,507 posts, read 4,399,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
So copy paste from the thread I stuck this in...

What does a high maintenance woman meen to me?

Several things.

She spends far too much time messing with her hair, or always having to put on make up for ANYTHING and EVERYTHING. Hey we're just going to go to the grocery today but you still had to spend 2 hours in the bathroom playing with make up and twirling your hair into something I probably don't care about..

When I have to buy her hugely expensive merchandise just to make her happy, almost weekly, or I have to always take her out to eat to really expensive restarants. I get it, I enjoy eating at expensive restaurants too, but not 4+ times a damn week.

Always being needy. Oh my god why are you tugging on my shirt or pants like a little child trying to get my attention all the time? For the love of God please do not call me every hour on the hour asking me where I'm at. All this will do is drive me away from you. I get it you want me in your life. I want to be in your life, just don't drive me away with too much at once!

Now, every person in the world has high maintenance times and there's a difference between being it once and a while and being it every single day of your livable life. That's what I'm talking about here, every day.
I'm reading this page about Types of Women and there's a section where this guy wrote on High Maintenance women. I read his stuff and I'm just amazed at how much, err, not sure what word to use to describe him but it was funny.

Old 09-07-2011, 12:12 PM

538 posts, read 1,522,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
What does all this have to do with the kids...? Was she not the same before?
Correct; she didn't feel like she has to "compete/share me" with the kids like she does now.

Old 09-08-2011, 07:32 AM

791 posts, read 1,426,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xiansheng_g View Post
If you're lucky enough to have a woman that looks like Christine Mendoza, then total high maintenance is well worth the pleasure, I'd say.
I have had a few of those....the look good on the outside ...but are useless on the inside....kind of like a fresh piece of gum, you unwrap it, its fresh and tastes sweet....but after a very short while it loses its flavor and you spit it out on the ground to let it get stuck to someone elses shoe....

Old 09-08-2011, 09:54 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,157,635 times
That's easy:

1. A woman who cannot step one millimeter outside her comfort zone in terms of food, entertainment, or anything else. One thing I love about MrsCPG is that she is equally at home at the symphony or the baseball game. When it comes to a game, she actually keeps score in the program (I taught her how to do that early on in our relationship. Suddenly the game acquired a whole new level of texture and nuance for her). So if she can do that for me, then who am I to complain about the occasional visit to the ballet?

2. Someone who is emotionally fragile and needs to be continuously propped up and reassured. These women require 24/7 support and every conversation is akin to walking on eggshells. Grow up already. Do you realize how tedious you are?

3. Someone utterly concerned about her own pampering. So she eliminates anything that might require the least bit of sweat or discomfort, such as a hike, a campout, or a weekend on a friend's boat. So what if it's hot? And if there are mosquitoes, that's what insect repellent is for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships