Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2011, 10:07 AM

2,068 posts, read 4,336,780 times

Advertisements

I hear high maintenance and I think it's a good thing.
Someone who isn't going to accept just the bare minimum. Someone who knows what he/she is worth. Should be applauded.

But I'm also a believer in don't ask for something you can't provide yourself.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2011, 12:06 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,855,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WakaFlocka View Post
If it's my wife, then the money is OUR money.
That's a great way to think. But many husbands are not like this.

Old 09-08-2011, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
So copy paste from the thread I stuck this in...

What does a high maintenance woman meen to me?

Several things.

She spends far too much time messing with her hair, or always having to put on make up for ANYTHING and EVERYTHING. Hey we're just going to go to the grocery today but you still had to spend 2 hours in the bathroom playing with make up and twirling your hair into something I probably don't care about..

When I have to buy her hugely expensive merchandise just to make her happy, almost weekly, or I have to always take her out to eat to really expensive restarants. I get it, I enjoy eating at expensive restaurants too, but not 4+ times a damn week.

Always being needy. Oh my god why are you tugging on my shirt or pants like a little child trying to get my attention all the time? For the love of God please do not call me every hour on the hour asking me where I'm at. All this will do is drive me away from you. I get it you want me in your life. I want to be in your life, just don't drive me away with too much at once!

Now, every person in the world has high maintenance times and there's a difference between being it once and a while and being it every single day of your livable life. That's what I'm talking about here, every day.
Who needs to ask you were you are? The tracking device on your phone is working great!

Old 09-09-2011, 09:29 AM

791 posts, read 1,426,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
That's a great way to think. But many husbands are not like this.
some are...except on sundays at at kickoff time then just bring sandwiches and beers, provide the halftime entertainment...and we are good to go..

Old 07-30-2013, 09:36 PM

2 posts, read 2,115 times
such losers.

Old 07-30-2013, 09:41 PM

2 posts, read 2,115 times
they are such losers, and they are the reason why many of us men can't meet a good woman nowadays. and why in the world would we ever blame ourselves since they are the ones that have changed over the years?

Old 07-30-2013, 09:44 PM

2,765 posts, read 3,629,322 times
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $

Old 07-30-2013, 09:51 PM

1,355 posts, read 2,546,184 times
high maintenance = pain in the arse. not matter how good looking, it's a deal breaker if you're interested in an LTR, cuz you will ultimately be expected to support her over-inflated perception of herself. bang 'em and let some other tool put up with the drama and the price of her companionship.

Old 07-30-2013, 10:09 PM

640 posts, read 717,612 times
To me, it means a lack of reciprocity. I make money and I don't mind spending it. That said, show up at the office with sushi or takeout from Ruth"s Chris every once in a blue moon...same with emotional circumstances...we all have problems and if you need me to be there through it I'm in, provided that I feel comfortable in assuming that you'll be there for me when I need to be vulnerable.

Essentially, high maintenance = selfish

Old 07-30-2013, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Allen 242 View Post
To me, it means a lack of reciprocity. I make money and I don't mind spending it. That said, show up at the office with sushi or takeout from Ruth"s Chris every once in a blue moon...same with emotional circumstances...we all have problems and if you need me to be there through it I'm in, provided that I feel comfortable in assuming that you'll be there for me when I need to be vulnerable.

Essentially, high maintenance = selfish
Exactly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships