Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2009, 09:34 PM

7 posts, read 13,874 times

Advertisements

hi folks, i am faced with a srange but true situation. It all started after dining out one Friday night. On our way home we stopped by her parents house briefly and we both had a few drinks (glass of wine). We drove back back home safely and went to bed. I love my wife dearly. But what she did unintentionally questions our relationship. It's pretty common for my wife to snore and talk in her sleep, but what she said (in her sleep) approximately 5:50am i was NOT ready For. I wonder how many of us believe in dreams. For what it's worth, 2 days ago on my day off work, i was asleep and had a dream that i punctured 2 tires, So i was trying to find a way to tell my wife i needed a ride without (upsetting her). Suddenly the house phone rang and during the conversation she mentioned that one of her co-workers told her she had a nail in her tire. After this happened i told her about these dreams i've been having that's somehow connected to real life (e.g the passing of my grandmother).
Well 2 days later, in the early morning hours, my wife speaks in her sleep....."Trust me, if he leaves we f**king" After i confronted her she said she was dreaming that i was cheating on her with a "white Girl" and she was telling her girlfriend, "if he leaves, best believe i'm f**king" just to get even. But i know exactly what i heard. I am so digusted by this, it ruined my whole day. Off all her thoughts (unconscious mind) why those words. Is this a sign? Am i being Paranoid? thanks for your comments
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2009, 09:38 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,329,809 times
Forget it. I babble all night in my sleep. No big deal. One AM the phone rang, I must have been dreaming. I asked one of my customers if he thought the sun would still come up. LOL LOL LOL

Old 03-14-2009, 09:46 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,520,614 times
We say nonsense in our sleep. It means nothing. I remember one night, when my sister was about 9 or 10. She sat up in bed and shouted "BEEP, BEEP...THE CARS" and promptly went back to sleep. Of course I was wide awake having been startled out of sleep. She used to mumble all kinds of things in her sleep. Most of it nonsense.

Old 03-15-2009, 12:25 AM

126 posts, read 260,640 times
Good God. Why are you looking for problems? Is your life so boring that you have to dream (pardon the pun) something up?

I dreamed I went to school naked. Does that mean I plan on doing so? Jeez. Grow up.

Old 03-15-2009, 04:01 AM

1,462 posts, read 4,866,271 times
Default Dreams come true

Don't read too much into people who talk in their sleep. Lots of people do talk in their sleep and I don't think it means much. When I was trying to quit smoking I was taking Chantix and the dreams I had were off the charts strange and had I talked I probably would have been committed! Seriously...dreams are said to have meaning but the meaning is never what we think it is. Only one who can probably read into a dream is a professional so.

You sound to me kind of like you don't trust your partner and worry a lot about her cheating, right? Unless she has given you reason to mistrust her, I would back off or you could push her in that direction. Relax, talk about your dreams with your partner and maybe she will share hers too..

Old 03-15-2009, 04:12 AM

52,197 posts, read 52,629,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connecticut Pam View Post
Don't read too much into people who talk in their sleep. Lots of people do talk in their sleep and I don't think it means much. When I was trying to quit smoking I was taking Chantix and the dreams I had were off the charts strange and had I talked I probably would have been committed! Seriously...dreams are said to have meaning but the meaning is never what we think it is. Only one who can probably read into a dream is a professional so.

You sound to me kind of like you don't trust your partner and worry a lot about her cheating, right? Unless she has given you reason to mistrust her, I would back off or you could push her in that direction. Relax, talk about your dreams with your partner and maybe she will share hers too..
While Connecitcut Pam is newer to the forum she speaks much truth, and I look forward to her postings.

Old 03-15-2009, 04:17 AM

10,757 posts, read 35,426,246 times
My first husband used to talk in his sleep AND I could talk to him and he would reply back to me. He told me in such a sweet voice that he loved me so much.

It turns out he really didn't, even though he said he did in his sleep.

Old 03-15-2009, 04:49 AM

2,175 posts, read 9,167,707 times
Sounds like maybe someone is having a wet dream before they go to sleep.
Or at least wished they did.

Old 03-15-2009, 08:44 AM

403 posts, read 1,563,248 times
Dreams are odd, crazy and uncontollable. Sometimes people from the past pop in them, sometimes people you see everyday, sometimes people you don't know at all. Sometimes it's situations you've been through, sometimes situations you are scared of, sometimes situations that you've never thought of.

Dreams rarely make much sense anyway. Most people know they had a weird dream and it sort of makes sense to them, but then when they try to describe it - it makes no sense at all.

Stop worrying.

Old 03-15-2009, 09:09 AM

5,273 posts, read 14,538,194 times
No, you're not being paranoid at all. There's something here not right- and I think you know it. If it were me, I'd record her sleep and see what shows up on it later. Also, buy some little spy type security cameras and place them around the house where she won't notice them. You might even need to hire a "private investigator" to keep track of her for a few days and report back to you. These things are better off gotten to sooner rather than later. Oh yeah, one more thing, start hiding your assets as you will only lose them in any potential divorce. Why should SHE get anything?

Yep, something is really wrong here...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships