Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2009, 01:53 PM

857 posts, read 1,422,033 times

Advertisements

Why would you give up on love? Because you've been hurt? Big deal. Love cures the pain of heartache. Nobody ever said love was easy, or guaranteed. But to give up on something that could have such a profound affect on your life seems like you are giving up on life itself.

Love is a rare and precious thing, why do you think so many are here saying they cannot find it? But its not going to fall into your lap. Get out in the world, do what you love doing, and the person you love will come along**

** Its typically illegal for strangers to walk into your home so if what you love doing means you stay home alone this will not work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2009, 11:20 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,423,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by averagejoe76 View Post
Kinda Personal here but at this point i have kinda given up...
Dont feel like i will find "The One" until have a better career,etc
Thinking back to past relationships i often wonder if i will ever..
Have relationships that passionate again.
If you once had relationships that passionate, then odds are in your favor that you will again. Passion is created by two people , not just one. You are the other half of those passionate romances you had. If you felt it once for someone before, then its in your nature to feel it again for someone in the future. A cold person and a passionate person cannot create passion. Only 2 people who are alike in intensity and passion can create that spark. So its up to you to feel it again and allow it to flourish inside of you. Don't try to stop it. Give it a second or third or fourth chance, or however many chances it needs to be given. Its inside of you. It will bloom again when the darkness is over and the sun starts peeking through the clouds. Like a flower.

Old 11-30-2009, 06:53 PM

1 posts, read 1,798 times
Iam 34 and since i was 17 i have gone from one bad relationship to the next and even when i did find the ONE two years ago it turned sour. Cheating, stealing, jealously you name it i have come across it in all my relationships. Two years later and i am still heartbroken and can't face dating ever again. Don't want anyone to make me feel so low and degraded like that again. Does anyone out there feel the same? Havent had any contact with a man since. All i want is to have kids the man bit doesnt bother me. My friends say iam not normal and that i must miss men. But i don't. IAM I NORMAL

Old 11-30-2009, 07:16 PM

5,879 posts, read 9,247,826 times
My user name says it all. As a HVAC Technician (full time) classic car enthusiast, mechanic and the outdoor type doesn't appeal to many women anymore? I remind too many women of their father, grandfather or brother, I guess? I don't have a problem getting women to come onto me. Only later to realize they just wanted their bill adjusted for the repair! Oh well, my twin sister has given me two wonderful nephews whom I love very much. I haven't given up yet, but it doesn't really bother me anymore.

Old 12-01-2009, 12:23 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,639,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ulnevrwalkalone View Post

** Its typically illegal for strangers to walk into your home so if what you love doing means you stay home alone this will not work.
It's funny how little we actually know those people we invite into our lives...

Old 12-01-2009, 12:28 PM

2,637 posts, read 4,460,692 times
Never base a relation ship on Love alone. Emotions are not stable. and Love like Hate, is just an emotion. so don't expect it to save the day. Find things you share in common, and build on a platform of mutual respect. Love is over rated at best, and deceptive at worse.

Last edited by Thaskateguy; 12-01-2009 at 12:53 PM..

Old 12-01-2009, 12:39 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 19,999,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2girlsand2boys View Post
I think a lot of people just have too high of standards. No one is perfectly perfect in every way! I think many people who have "given up on love" like you say are just too darn picky to see the decent, yet not perfect people in front of them.
I would change standards to expectations. People can be so unrealistic where they're concerned. Some settle, some hold out as long as they can--to the point where it never happens--for the 'right one'. Who's to say which is considered 'giving up'? They're both pretty close, imo.

Old 12-01-2009, 12:57 PM

68 posts, read 129,642 times
I can honestly say that I am tired of beating myself up about never having dated, gotten married, etc as it simply adds to my depression. I give up on trying to find a g/f etc. I don't honestly think any woman in her right mind would want to ever go out with me or much less marry someone such as myself anyway because I have zero dating experience and am "supposedly" a grown man. I grew up with a verbally and physically abusive father which caused a severe lack of self-esteem in myself up until about my mid 20s (I'm 28 now btw). One thing is for certain though. I WILL NOT quit with regards to becoming financially independent. I have tried being friendly to women here in Colorado Springs, I've tried online dating and actually tried to talk to women on dating website, and it hasn't gotten me anywhere. I go to school at the local community college in Colorado Springs and it seems that all of the women there are already married or have boyfriends and nobody there really seems to care about making new friends etc. Perhaps I am just ugly and women don't think that I'm attractive. Oh well, no one said that life was fair I suppose.

Old 12-01-2009, 06:26 PM

62 posts, read 165,746 times
Hey, It is not preeminent that you have some swanky career to be able to connect with someone...much less "Mrs.Right." In a lot of relationships the more money you make does not always attract the right kind of relationship that it sound like you are searching for, but rather attracts woman that are more interested in the material objects that you can afford to get for them.

A real woman can see what your worth is....just breathe, hold your head up and keep your eyes on the PRIZE. That prize is you!!! It sounds as if you need to do some real reflecting, instead of being so down on yourself.

Old 12-01-2009, 08:32 PM

542 posts, read 1,099,097 times
Romantic love, yes. I've learned that the love that I have for my family and friends is true love. While family and friends can certainly be frustrating, i've never felt stupid for loving them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships